Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion Part V

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Unsubstantial

As opposed to being ostracised within the club? I dont see how its ok for one club but not ok for another?

If a player wants to leave it should be respected no? If a club wants a player to leave, that should also be respected no? Why is it only one way? After all contracts are seen sacred...
Please give me my quotes about being OK with players doing this?

Again the club never loses while the player does

LOL, good thing that never happens anywhere else. Oh wait…

It‘s only one way because when it’s PSG it doesn’t count.
Not only is this post really low level but to boot coming from the ultimate Barca fanboy it really does look bad.
I suggest a quick delete.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Please give me my quotes about being OK with players doing this?

Again the club never loses while the player does.
So you don’t think players have a right to leave their teams when they want to? There’s a word for it…

Of course the club loses…. They lose the player lol

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Freiburg have reportedly turned down a 15M offer for Schade from Brentford. Doubt he leaves this summer. Between his injury and long term contract, he's going to stay in Freiburg until the next U21 euros at least.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A few things from the press conference for Kessie’s unveiling today:

—Laporta said again that De Jong is not for sale, unless they need to. I’m guessing that’s in reference to his wages.
—Gavi has agreed his renewal but apparently won’t sign it until he’s 18 which is in early August.
—Laporta said there is no fixed date for Dembele to be re-signed. He said there’s an offer on the table that the player’s doesn’t accept.
—Laporta said they have signings prepared but are waiting on the second economic lever being triggered which he said is more complicated than the first.

Also, Nico reportedly wanted to leave on loan and Xavi has blocked him from being loaned out.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So you don’t think players have a right to leave their teams when they want to? There’s a word for it…

Of course the club loses…. They lose the player lol
No they get money.
If the club doesn't want to sell no.
Players shouldn't hold out for a transfer. They have a right to leave at the end of their contract. Of course teams DON'T want that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Club Brugge have received an offer of €30m + €5m from Leeds for Charles de Ketelaere however had to reject because the players isn't interested in going to Leeds.
He's talked to Milan already and wants to go there, to play CL football. Milan has made a €20m bid before which of course is way too low.
This is what Tyler Adams should’ve been doing. He had Sevilla, Arsenal, Benfica interested. Instead goes to Leeds because they speak English and he knows a coach that’ll be sacked after a few months.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So, this came from a TIFO podcast yesterday where Rafi Honigstein said it. Today he's come out and claimed the "might not exist in 2 years time" was meant to be a joke by him, however its out there now and being repeated by all and sundry as gospel.

The bit about Bayern wanting 50M and wanting it all upfront has been around for several weeks though.
Even if it’s a joke, a lot of clubs see how they are running that club and want little to do with doing business with them.

I’ve said this stuff before and Barca fans get mad, but a few days ago I heard Frank LeBoeuf, who was a former Chelsea player part of the France ‘98 team, saying how Barcelona should face the consequences of their enormous debt. You don’t buy players with the revenue you generate. It should be meant to pay off debts. Same points I’ve been making.

Barcelona is seemingly linked with more big name signings than any club out there. They already signed Kessie. They are linked with Raphinha, Lewandowski, Kounde, linked with re-signing Dembele. Same mistakes that got them into this mess, and some of the fans will excuse it because they want excitement and to sign players. Zero regard for the fiscal responsibility of the club. They expect that when they are bankrupt they’ll be bailed out by the Spanish government. Why would Bayern want to be owed money by a club like this? Completely logical stance, even if it’s not something they actually said.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England

16m rising to 20m. LFC replaced him with Ramsay for a third of the cost. Great business.

looks like the triangle of transfers will be complete.

Forest sell Richardson to Aberdeen, who sell Ramsay to Liverpool, who sell Williams to Forest.

all 3 play the same position

-----

Can some of the guys who watch french/german football on a regular basis offer opinions on Forest's signings form those leagues

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Willy Sagnol played for Bayern so anything is possible

Completely done. Can’t move. He was slow and then had an Achilles injury a year ago, which he probably rushed back from for the Euros. He was playing way before the estimated return date.

I have no clue how he got signed by such a good club. If he could still play, we would’ve kept him on lower wages.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Also, Nico reportedly wanted to leave on loan and Xavi has blocked him from being loaned out.

Good, there were rumours Xavi wasn't convinced of his ability but that's just dumb.

No they get money.
If the club doesn't want to sell no.
Players shouldn't hold out for a transfer. They have a right to leave at the end of their contract. Of course teams DON'T want that.

An employee has the right to leave his work otherwise it becomes S word... just ask expats in the Gulf.

Hence them losing.

Even if it’s a joke, a lot of clubs see how they are running that club and want little to do with doing business with them.

I’ve said this stuff before and Barca fans get mad, but a few days ago I heard Frank LeBoeuf, who was a former Chelsea player part of the France ‘98 team, saying how Barcelona should face the consequences of their enormous debt. You don’t buy players with the revenue you generate. It should be meant to pay off debts. Same points I’ve been making.

Barcelona is seemingly linked with more big name signings than any club out there. They already signed Kessie. They are linked with Raphinha, Lewandowski, Kounde, linked with re-signing Dembele. Same mistakes that got them into this mess, and some of the fans will excuse it because they want excitement and to sign players. Zero regard for the fiscal responsibility of the club. They expect that when they are bankrupt they’ll be bailed out by the Spanish government. Why would Bayern want to be owed money by a club like this? Completely logical stance, even if it’s not something they actually said.
Ah barca's accountant is in thank you for the updated. Never seen a poster so salty.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

I don't really know him, but his age, his stats, and the fact Lazio fans desperately want him gone don't give me a lot confidence. Brugge also have never payed more than €10m for a single player, and to do it for this one... i don't know.

We're also seemingly in pole position to loan Tziolis from Norwich. He was one of our primary targets last summer until he eventually chose to go to England.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't really know him, but his age, his stats, and the fact Lazio fans desperately want him gone don't give me a lot confidence. Brugge also have never payed more than €10m for a single player, and to do it for this one... i don't know.
I don’t know how he scored so many goals in Turkey. Sometimes he can be physically dominant like a tank but it feels like he doesn’t understand football or how to finish. Now that being said sometimes players wind up on one team and really suck while other times they’re good, but I don’t think he’s one of these guys. It feels like he’s tail spinning out of good levels of football.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Saw some reports that Chelsea trying to hijack FDJ deal, which might be media driven, but also would be one of the most Chelsea transfers ever.

Also Liverpool and Joe Gomez are close to an extension. People forget how good he is.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Saw some reports that Chelsea trying to hijack FDJ deal, which might be media driven, but also would be one of the most Chelsea transfers ever.

Also Liverpool and Joe Gomez are close to an extension. People forget how good he is.

I’ve seen rumors of them getting involved for a while most were “if the United deal falls apart” caveats. Who really knows. Could be real interest, could be some attempt to put pressure on United.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

17m for a backup right back that we replaced for 4.5m ish. That’s how you do it. I like Neco, but you can’t turn that down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad