Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion Part V

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They should buy FDJ instead of like anyone they’ve been linked to. So yeah it’s easy for me to believe.
The reasons why it's possible, I saw that Tuchel might want to go to a 4-3-3, can't remember where I saw it, but I remember it being someone credible. Jorginho/Kante are on the other side of 30 and Juve has interest in Jorginho. But like the Ronaldo and Neymar links, I'm skeptical.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It absolutely could be discussing De Jong, but could just be Boehly wanting to build relationships with top agents and clubs. Just because he met with Mendes and is now meeting with Barca, it doesn't mean we are signing Ronaldo, Matheus Nunes, or De Jong.

Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They should buy FDJ instead of like anyone they’ve been linked to. So yeah it’s easy for me to believe.
If Chelsea sign FDJ, Liverpool should really put in a bid for Gallagher and dare them to turn it down. I’m not even convinced Todd knows who Gallagher is yet

FDJ obviously wants Chelsea over Utd because of UCL; as we’ve known FDJ doesn’t want to go to a no UCL team. Of course Utd can drop the bag like they always do but this Chelsea link seems a lot more credible to me, even if the last thing they need is another midfielder. But again that who Chelsea are. Rich kids who get tired of their toys and throw them out. Nothing have changed in the last decade or so over there.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If Chelsea sign FDJ, Liverpool should really put in a bid for Gallagher and dare them to turn it down. I’m not even convinced Todd knows who Gallagher is yet

FDJ obviously wants Chelsea over Utd because of UCL; as we’ve known FDJ doesn’t want to go to a no UCL team. Of course Utd can drop the bag like they always do but this Chelsea link seems a lot more credible to me, even if the last thing they need is another midfielder. But again that who Chelsea are. Rich kids who get tired of their toys and throw them out. Nothing have changed in the last decade or so over there.
I don't think you meant to quote me, just FYI

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Even if it’s a joke, a lot of clubs see how they are running that club and want little to do with doing business with them.

I’ve said this stuff before and Barca fans get mad, but a few days ago I heard Frank LeBoeuf, who was a former Chelsea player part of the France ‘98 team, saying how Barcelona should face the consequences of their enormous debt. You don’t buy players with the revenue you generate. It should be meant to pay off debts. Same points I’ve been making.

Barcelona is seemingly linked with more big name signings than any club out there. They already signed Kessie. They are linked with Raphinha, Lewandowski, Kounde, linked with re-signing Dembele. Same mistakes that got them into this mess, and some of the fans will excuse it because they want excitement and to sign players. Zero regard for the fiscal responsibility of the club. They expect that when they are bankrupt they’ll be bailed out by the Spanish government. Why would Bayern want to be owed money by a club like this? Completely logical stance, even if it’s not something they actually said.

—OK, so who are “a lot of clubs” who want little to do with doing business with Barca. Go ahead and provide a list and better yet sources and or examples to back up your claim.
—Yeah, we know who Leboeuf is. Better yet, sadly I and I’m sure others know where you got that one from. ESPN. Their set of analysts and their respective takes are generally jokes. I feel sorry for anyone who actually watches them. As for his comment, assuming you yourself didn’t butcher it which I suspect to some degree you did, it’s laughable. For starters, they are facing the consequences of their enormous debt. Why on earth do you think they haven’t gone out and bought anyone yet, have been looking to trim the wage bill, etc? The pair of you can’t be so clueless as to have missed the fact they’re clearly working within the constraints of their debt. And surely you both understand how debt works, right? I mean you don’t honestly think that once you secure a car loan it has to be paid back right away do you? The whole argument he/you put forward here is like saying “well you owe X amount on your mortgage still so you shouldn’t go out for dinner until that’s paid.” It’s just laughable. So long as the debt is being managed per the terms of the agreements they‘re fine.
—Seemingly being the operative word, but regardless of that another disaster post that I’m replying to here. These aren’t the same mistakes that got them into the situation they‘re in. First and foremost, they‘re not suffering from a global pandemic which played a big part in the club being in this situation. Second, they’re not spending near the same amounts the previous board did in wages and even to a degree transfer fees. On top of that they’re signing players that for the most part are better fits for the team. You cited Kessie. Kessie came on a Bosman. Then you mentioned Raphinha, Lewandowski and Kounde, all of whose transfer fees would combine to about what they shelled out for Coutinho. On top of that, and probably more notable as this was arguably the biggest financial issue left from the previous board, they’re not signing any of these players to massive wages. They will very likely be able to pay Kessie, Raphinha, Lewandowski and Kounde, assuming they’re all signed, for the same amount they’d have to pay Frenkie and Dembele this season (based on Dembele’s last contract, not the most recent offer they made him which is rumored to notably less than what his contract was paying). So a massive reduction in wages for incoming players and there’s now a very clear wage structure at the club if you actually aren’t ignorant of what they’ve been doing. Go look at the new contracts that were given to Araujo, Pedri and soon to be Gavi.
—As for some of the fans excusing it, name one fan here who is or who has signed off on every rumored player? I certainly don’t nor do I want us to sign most of those players. I’d be going a different route, though to some degree I understand most of their targets apart from Raphinha.
—Who expects the club will be bailed out by the Spanish government? Better yet, name a single time the Spanish government bailed out the club. Yet another ridiculous comment.
—It’s an absolutely stupid stance because it’s not going to happen. And Bayern would want to be owed money by a club like Barca because they have a player they decided not to renew despite what he’s done for them on the pitch and who wants to leave seeming to Barca and Barca only.

It wasn't funny the first time... you just come off as entitled.

Entitled isn’t the term I’d use.

So he defers his wages when the club is in a crunch, and now they’re strong arming him to accept losing out on €14M?

Did you actually read the tweet you posted, or do you not understand the difference between the terms “ask” and “strong-arming”? As for what I assume your point is, the club should have simply told United the fee is whatever it currently is plus the 14 million they would owe De Jong.

They’re finances are totally fine though.

And yet nobody said that, though you clearly don’t understand their financial situation so hence your comment.

But, you see, that was the previous board's mess, so it's totally fine.

It is the previous board’s mess. The fact it even has to be explained demonstrates the audience’s ignorance, though the fact that I’m reading your post after it’s been explained means you’re suffering from more than just ignorance.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Did you actually read the tweet you posted, or do you not understand the difference between the terms “ask” and “strong-arming”? As for what I assume your point is, the club should have simply told United the fee is whatever it currently is plus the 14 million they would owe De Jong.
Did you mean to quote me here? Lol

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
—OK, so who are “a lot of clubs” who want little to do with doing business with Barca. Go ahead and provide a list and better yet sources and or examples to back up your claim.
—Yeah, we know who Leboeuf is. Better yet, sadly I and I’m sure others know where you got that one from. ESPN. Their set of analysts and their respective takes are generally jokes. I feel sorry for anyone who actually watches them. As for his comment, assuming you yourself didn’t butcher it which I suspect to some degree you did, it’s laughable. For starters, they are facing the consequences of their enormous debt. Why on earth do you think they haven’t gone out and bought anyone yet, have been looking to trim the wage bill, etc? The pair of you can’t be so clueless as to have missed the fact they’re clearly working within the constraints of their debt. And surely you both understand how debt works, right? I mean you don’t honestly think that once you secure a car loan it has to be paid back right away do you? The whole argument he/you put forward here is like saying “well you owe X amount on your mortgage still so you shouldn’t go out for dinner until that’s paid.” It’s just laughable. So long as the debt is being managed per the terms of the agreements they‘re fine.
—Seemingly being the operative word, but regardless of that another disaster post that I’m replying to here. These aren’t the same mistakes that got them into the situation they‘re in. First and foremost, they‘re not suffering from a global pandemic which played a big part in the club being in this situation. Second, they’re not spending near the same amounts the previous board did in wages and even to a degree transfer fees. On top of that they’re signing players that for the most part are better fits for the team. You cited Kessie. Kessie came on a Bosman. Then you mentioned Raphinha, Lewandowski and Kounde, all of whose transfer fees would combine to about what they shelled out for Coutinho. On top of that, and probably more notable as this was arguably the biggest financial issue left from the previous board, they’re not signing any of these players to massive wages. They will very likely be able to pay Kessie, Raphinha, Lewandowski and Kounde, assuming they’re all signed, for the same amount they’d have to pay Frenkie and Dembele this season (based on Dembele’s last contract, not the most recent offer they made him which is rumored to notably less than what his contract was paying). So a massive reduction in wages for incoming players and there’s now a very clear wage structure at the club if you actually aren’t ignorant of what they’ve been doing. Go look at the new contracts that were given to Araujo, Pedri and soon to be Gavi.
—As for some of the fans excusing it, name one fan here who is or who has signed off on every rumored player? I certainly don’t nor do I want us to sign most of those players. I’d be going a different route, though to some degree I understand most of their targets apart from Raphinha.
—Who expects the club will be bailed out by the Spanish government? Better yet, name a single time the Spanish government bailed out the club. Yet another ridiculous comment.
—It’s an absolutely stupid stance because it’s not going to happen. And Bayern would want to be owed money by a club like Barca because they have a player they decided not to renew despite what he’s done for them on the pitch and who wants to leave seeming to Barca and Barca only.
So now I have to come up with a list of clubs to back up my statement that a lot of clubs likely agree with Bayern? It's common sense. They are the poorest club in the world.

And I never said that what I was referring to from that pundit was a direct quote. It wasn't a direct quote. It was an approximation of what he said. I was using that to help my viewpoint that what I'm saying is a common view. The way Barcelona operates is in disregard of their finances. You and them will package it as they are doing everything more responsible now, but where's the evidence of that? They are spending plenty of money. They almost never seem to be able to register players right away. They are asking players to take big wage cuts for them to not be sold, which are tactics that almost no clubs actually employ. This does not seem to be the tactics of a club that is managing their finances well.

Is there any evidence their debt is going in the right direction? Have they year over year started making money as opposed to losing money? How far away do you think the club is from bankruptcy? Another 2-3 years of this, and they'll be there. They are already selling off all types of licensing and marketing rights to generate money that other clubs don't. They are desperate for money. I think its actually very sad that this is happening and I have little doubt the Spanish government will not let one of the biggest interest points of the culture of the country go into bankruptcy, but I don't know how you aren't seeing how the club keeps losing money and these signings they are attempting are part of the issue.

I'm not suggesting that the club should not be allowed to sign any players, but Barcelona has shown no inclination to cut back. Today I saw that they are now going to be attempting to sign Marcos Alonso and Cezar Azpilicueta. Two players that undoubtedly are not coming in for pennies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
So now I have to come up with a list of clubs to back up my statement that a lot of clubs likely agree with Bayern? It's common sense. They are the poorest club in the world.

And I never said that what I was referring to from that pundit was a direct quote. It wasn't a direct quote. It was an approximation of what he said. I was using that to help my viewpoint that what I'm saying is a common view. The way Barcelona operates is in disregard of their finances. You and them will package it as they are doing everything more responsible now, but where's the evidence of that? They are spending plenty of money. They almost never seem to be able to register players right away. They are asking players to take big wage cuts for them to not be sold, which are tactics that almost no clubs actually employ. This does not seem to be the tactics of a club that is managing their finances well.

Is there any evidence their debt is going in the right direction? Have they year over year started making money as opposed to losing money? How far away do you think the club is from bankruptcy? Another 2-3 years of this, and they'll be there. They are already selling off all types of licensing and marketing rights to generate money that other clubs don't. They are desperate for money. I think its actually very sad that this is happening and I have little doubt the Spanish government will not let one of the biggest interest points of the culture of the country go into bankruptcy, but I don't know how you aren't seeing how the club keeps losing money and these signings they are attempting are part of the issue.

I'm not suggesting that the club should not be allowed to sign any players, but Barcelona has shown no inclination to cut back. Today I saw that they are now going to be attempting to sign Marcos Alonso and Cezar Azpilicueta. Two players that undoubtedly are not coming in for pennies.
I mean, I know you are being hyperbolic, but that is ridiculous.

Maybe they have the biggest debt in Europe, but their value alone makes them one of the RICHEST clubs in the world. They do have a cash flow problem though.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

It’s not common sense, it’s laughable nonsense. If what you’re saying was the case they there wouldn’t be transfers between other clubs and Barca and yet there are. So wrong, per usual.

You don’t have to quote him directly nor did I say you did or should have. Even if it is an approximation of his views, it doesn’t make his view much like what I’m quoting here anymore wrong. The way club is operating actually does regard their finances. It coudn’t be anymore obvious unless you’re ignorant of how it all works. And you’re asking for evidence of the club doing things more responsibly and in the same paragraph then going on to say they’re asking players to take wage cuts and using it as evidence to the contrary. You seriously do not understand what you’re even posting.

Yes, they have reduced losses. I mean the fact that you’re even asking that question just goes in line with the rest of your post in that you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. None. And 2-3 years from bankruptcy? Right. You said they’re selling licensing and marketing when I just posted last week the latest was they didn’t think they’d even have to do that. As for other clubs not doing that, other clubs are completely irrelevant not to mention the fact the vast majority of other clubs don’t generate the same revenue from licensing and marketing that Barca does. Furthermore, they’re not selling 100% of the rights to anything and as I’ve said numerous times they have thus far only signed agreements that allow them to buy back their stake. And yes, they are desperate for money to cover their short term debts, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY’RE DOING THE LICENSING AND MARKETING SALES. And you have little doubt the Spanish government will bail them out because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

LOL, yes you ARE suggesting they shouldn’t be able to sign any players. That’s exactly what you and Leboeuf are suggesting. You even went so far as to mention Kessie whose transfer fee was all of 0. As for Alonso and Azpilicueta, the rumor from today is that the latter would cost 3 million in terms of the transfer fee and I’m sure he’d be on reasonable wages. I would sign either of them, but to suggest they’d be coming in for something crazy is just further ignorance.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean, I know you are being hyperbolic, but that is ridiculous.

Maybe they have the biggest debt in Europe, but their value alone makes them one of the RICHEST clubs in the world. They do have a cash flow problem though.
Not to make this semantical, but why doesn't debt get factored in? They generate among the most revenue, but if their losses are also the biggest, is generation of revenue enough to make someone rich? Seems to me like debt is the best estimate out there of what the poorest club would be.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not to make this semantical, but why doesn't debt get factored in? They generate among the most revenue, but if their losses are also the biggest, is generation of revenue enough to make someone rich? Seems to me like debt is the best estimate out there of what the poorest club would be.
This is a child like understanding of how the world works. Could you or your parents pay your entire mortgage off right now?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s not common sense, it’s laughable nonsense. If what you’re saying was the case they there wouldn’t be transfers between other clubs and Barca and yet there are. So wrong, per usual.

You don’t have to quote him directly nor did I say you did or should have. Even if it is an approximation of his views, it doesn’t make his view much like what I’m quoting here anymore wrong. The way club is operating actually does regard their finances. It coudn’t be anymore obvious unless you’re ignorant of how it all works. And you’re asking for evidence of the club doing things more responsibly and in the same paragraph then going on to say they’re asking players to take wage cuts and using it as evidence to the contrary. You seriously do not understand what you’re even posting.

Yes, they have reduced losses. I mean the fact that you’re even asking that question just goes in line with the rest of your post in that you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. None. And 2-3 years from bankruptcy? Right. You said they’re selling licensing and marketing when I just posted last week the latest was they didn’t think they’d even have to do that. As for other clubs not doing that, other clubs are completely irrelevant not to mention the fact the vast majority of other clubs don’t generate the same revenue from licensing and marketing that Barca does. Furthermore, they’re not selling 100% of the rights to anything and as I’ve said numerous times they have thus far only signed agreements that allow them to buy back their stake. And yes, they are desperate for money to cover their short term debts, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY’RE DOING THE LICENSING AND MARKETING SALES. And you have little doubt the Spanish government will bail them out because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

LOL, yes you ARE suggesting they shouldn’t be able to sign any players. That’s exactly what you and Leboeuf are suggesting. You even went so far as to mention Kessie whose transfer fee was all of 0. As for Alonso and Azpilicueta, the rumor from today is that the latter would cost 3 million in terms of the transfer fee and I’m sure he’d be on reasonable wages. I would sign either of them, but to suggest they’d be coming in for something crazy is just further ignorance.
If all of that is true, which I doubt, there are no problems then and we should expect Barcelona to being an economic powerhouse.

Like I already said, I have my doubts.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Not to make this semantical, but why doesn't debt get factored in? If you are so rich, shouldn't you be able to pay off those debts? Wouldn't not being able to pay off those debts suggest they actually aren't rich and are poor?
Finances are much more complex than that.

The club is very valuable but has been poorly managed. As a result, they have a huge debt that they are struggling to service because of decreased revenue from the pandemic. Having debt is a good thing... when it is controlled. Helps you save on taxes among other things (invest money at a higher interest rate than your debt, making purchases that will bring more value than the cost of the debt, etc).

Barca now has a cashflow problem and they need cash. They are not poor, they have a financial issue. Once it is solved, they will be more than fine.

If they did not have assets (the marketing rights, for example), they would be poor. But they do have assets that they can make "liquid" to fix their cashflow problem. Once they are back in good shape, they have options to buy back what they sold. So, they do have control over their assets.

Poor clubs cannot do that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is a child like understanding of how the world works. Could you or your parents pay your entire mortgage off right now?
I'm not sure how your example makes any sense.

Are you suggesting that Barcelona doesn't want to pay for their debts? They don't have to use every dollar they get to pay off debts, but if they had so much money available, they'd pay off their debts. Instead, their debt has been going in the wrong direction each year. Thats because the amount of revenue they are generating is not keeping up with the amount of money they are spending.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00