Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion Part V

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- Bayern shoots down the CR7 rumors.
- Having already sold or loaned out basically all of their academy kids who needed PT, Leipzig wants to cull even more of their roster glut.

- Omar Richards seems set to leave Bayern for Nottingham...which is a lot more meh than their signings of Awoniyi & Niakhate.
- Leverkusen-tracked Sinisterra is leaving Feyenoord, who will purchase Dilrosun from Hertha to replace him.
- Vagnoman finally makes the jump to BuLi1, joining Stuttgart.
- Bochum are signing Ivan Ordets from Dinamo Moscow.

- Read a report that Schalke wants to bring Abdallah Sima over from Brighton

- In response to the kid asking to leave, coming to an agreement with BMG, and BMG offering a nominal transfer fee; Hertha has triggered a clause in 18yo Lukas Ullrich's contract to automatically extend it until 2023.

Somehow I doubt he signs a professional contract with Hertha next summer...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Can some of the guys who watch french/german football on a regular basis offer opinions on Forest's signings form those leagues
Only watch psg for the trio... and their CL implosion.
More of a closet neymar fan... always wished that guy would go into the PL, but could never see it happening. Always wondered what'd be the outcome.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Another one to Belgium… I like it. @Savi thoights

Enzo may come over to europe earlier now that river is out of the copa. Would be great for him just before the World Cup. Hopefully he starts right away at Benfica

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
- Bayern shoots down the CR7 rumors.
So which clubs are in the running? Officially... is anything official or just speculation rumors?
What are the odds of him being in the CL compared to him being in the Europa League?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So which clubs are in the running? Officially... is anything official or just speculation rumors?
What are the odds of him being in the CL compared to him being in the Europa League?
Chelsea is who I see him going to.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Chelsea is who I see him going to.
Yeah, I just saw the transfer news segment with whoever they were say Chelsea needs a striker. They also mentioned Pogba going back to Juventus on free transfer.
CR to Chelsea... interesting.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's a nice sale.

Not sure if Ramsay can be considered a good back up though (yet).
Fair but two things to consider.

Joe Gomez actually might be the primary RB backup and he is definitely good there.

Neco Williams played about 7 PL minutes for LFC last season. Other appearances only in League Cup and the two CL games where LFC only played backups because they already won the group. I’m fine with Ramsay playing those minutes at 1/4 the cost.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
How and why people keep overpaying for Liverpool’s trash astounds me.

I will agree and slightly disagree.

Neco Williams isn't trash. He's a 21 year old fullback, who likely should be starting for a pretty good EPL Club. He was very good in his time for Fulham, and by most accounts, they wanted to keep him. Liverpool would be happy to keep him, but he does not expect to beat out TAA for playing time anytime soon, so, a good price for the club and a good move makes sense.

It might be a bit of an overpayment, but not really when looking at some of the prices (and considering he's a full international). At the end of the day, the big figure at the top of the board is more than likely installments over a couple of seasons, and likely even some money based on staying up.

But you are hitting at something that is consistently missed in all of Liverpool's performance to become an effective football power. They've frequently sold very, very well, and have constantly found value in fringe guys. Some of the players they've sold have turned out to be poor for clubs they go to, but I don't know that I put that all on the player. Yet, clubs still lineup to pay it.

Fair but two things to consider.

Joe Gomez actually might be the primary RB backup and he is definitely good there.

Neco Williams played about 7 PL minutes for LFC last season. Other appearances only in League Cup and the two CL games where LFC only played backups because they already won the group. I’m fine with Ramsay playing those minutes at 1/4 the cost.

Gomez will likely get minutes there if it comes down to it. But I would also expect some of the time to go to Ramsay before long. The nice part is he can sit and watch for most of the early going. If TAA picks up a knock, Gomez would get minutes first.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I will agree and slightly disagree.

Neco Williams isn't trash. He's a 21 year old fullback, who likely should be starting for a pretty good EPL Club. He was very good in his time for Fulham, and by most accounts, they wanted to keep him. Liverpool would be happy to keep him, but he does not expect to beat out TAA for playing time anytime soon, so, a good price for the club and a good move makes sense.

It might be a bit of an overpayment, but not really when looking at some of the prices (and considering he's a full international). At the end of the day, the big figure at the top of the board is more than likely installments over a couple of seasons, and likely even some money based on staying up.

But you are hitting at something that is consistently missed in all of Liverpool's performance to become an effective football power. They've frequently sold very, very well, and have constantly found value in fringe guys. Some of the players they've sold have turned out to be poor for clubs they go to, but I don't know that I put that all on the player. Yet, clubs still lineup to pay it.

Gomez will likely get minutes there if it comes down to it. But I would also expect some of the time to go to Ramsay before long. The nice part is he can sit and watch for most of the early going. If TAA picks up a knock, Gomez would get minutes first.
Go get Neco Williams in your fantasy teams for 4m while you still can

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's worth a gamble. He's going to put up some assist numbers if they do score at all.
I honestly don’t think their is any reason he can’t do what Djed Spence did last season. Don’t think there is a ton (if any) of difference between him and Spence

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I honestly don’t think their is any reason he can’t do what Djed Spence did last season. Don’t think there is a ton (if any) of difference between him and Spence
Only reason I could see a difference is competition level. I mean Forest was dominating games mostly. Fulham will be defending mostly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Seems it will focus on just those two. The stories with Chelsea being interested in de Jong seems to Barca trying to put pressure on United:

Ya the big boss for Chelsea came to Barcelona to negotiate departures of fringe players… makes sense

On que

Reactions: luiginb

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll believe Chelsea have interest in De Jong when someone like Matt Law reports it. Sure, maybe Boehly is looking to see if there is an opportunity, and maybe we are just being used for leverage.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad