Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion Part V

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
But you said players hold out for better contracts.
All the time you said.
Can you give examples?
Holding out may have been the wrong verbiage but certainly players have threatened to run out contracts or put in transfer requests or have otherwise become unsettled in order to get a pay raise. Do you believe otherwise?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Holding out may have been the wrong verbiage but certainly players have threatened to run out contracts or put in transfer requests or have otherwise become unsettled in order to get a pay raise. Do you believe otherwise?
Not sure I understand the point given that context.
Barca wants a guy transfered or wants his salary reduced.
Cool. Player has a contract and has every reason to deny both options.
The comparisons with players running out their contract is moot.
As for holding out for a transfer sure, and players take a ton of heat when that happens. Yet the club is receiving a fee in the end. And Barca has ironically been one of the team that have recently pushed players to do so.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mandanda is totally an OM legend, thanks to his play, his leadership and his attitude.
Truly one of the good guys in football and that pains me to say for an OM player.

Not sure I like this for Rennes though since he has lost a step.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

16m rising to 20m. LFC replaced him with Ramsay for a third of the cost. Great business.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rennes bringing Umtiti, loan with buying option.
If salary is low, low risk high reward.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I mean, it is obvious that it was a comment made in jest. Anybody who believes that Barca will fold in 2 years is an idiot.

Even if their financial situation was THAT dire, no way the government would not bail them out. Too big of an institution.

And yet nobody in particular here bought it hook, line and sinker.

As for holding out for a transfer sure, and players take a ton of heat when that happens. Yet the club is receiving a fee in the end. And Barca has ironically been one of the team that have recently pushed players to do so.

And to top that off Barça aren't even allowing the players to train separately, to have their own changing rooms or even get their own parking spots.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And yet nobody in particular here bought it hook, line and sinker.

And to top that off Barça aren't even allowing the players to train separately, to have their own changing rooms or even get their own parking spots.
No they'd rather let their players be insulted, thrown under the bus in the media and crying in their office.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
So on the one hand, players hold out to transfer or threaten to transfer to get a better contract for the player, and on the other hand, Barca is holding the player out unless the player transfers or is threatening to make him transfer to get him on a better contract for the club?

And of course players get heat for that. Similarly, Barca is getting heat for this.

And you don't see the point? You can lead a horse to water...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So on the one hand, players hold out to transfer or threaten to transfer to get a better contract for the player, and on the other hand, Barca is holding the player out unless the player transfers or is threatening to make him transfer to get him on a better contract for the club?

And of course players get heat for that. Similarly, Barca is getting heat for this.

And you don't see the point? You can lead a horse to water...
Yeah I don't.
Players respect their contract. And if they hold out they're unpaid. And if they do the club gets big money afterwards. Win win. Lose lose for the players OTOH.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah I don't.
Players respect their contract. And if they hold out they're unpaid. And if they do the club gets big money afterwards. Win win. Lose lose for the players OTOH.
It is not respecting your contract to hold out for a transfer. Look at Raheem Sterling or Saido Berahino or Harry Kane.

A club threatening to not play the player is not a lose lose for the players. See, e.g., Gareth Bale's comments re: golfing. FDJ is getting paid regardless of what he does. If he agrees to go to United, he plays at United. If he agrees to a paycut, he'll stay at Barca, getting paid. If he doesn't go to United and he doesn't agree to a paycut, he'll likely get paid to ride the bench.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Unsubstantial
No they'd rather let their players be insulted, thrown under the bus in the media and crying in their office.
As opposed to being ostracised within the club? I dont see how its ok for one club but not ok for another?

If a player wants to leave it should be respected no? If a club wants a player to leave, that should also be respected no? Why is it only one way? After all contracts are seen sacred...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

LOL, good thing that never happens anywhere else. Oh wait…

Unsubstantial

As opposed to being ostracised within the club? I dont see how its ok for one club but not ok for another?

If a player wants to leave it should be respected no? If a club wants a player to leave, that should also be respected no? Why is it only one way? After all contracts are seen sacred...

It‘s only one way because when it’s PSG it doesn’t count.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My guess is that they don't exist, as part of the sponsorship agreement would be that all shirts sold include the sponsor name. That's kinda the point. You might be able to get lucky and find some clubs where certain shirts are not sponsored. I know that happened with Roma a few years back, but my guess is that those instances will be few and far between.
bah.. thanks. Figured I'd ask - may be missing a store or something.
Like I said I have national officials without the billboard... just can't see spending money to be a billboard... I just can't do it =P
Thanks tho...

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Like I said I have national officials without the billboard... just can't see spending money to be a billboard... I just can't do it =P
Thanks tho...
Yeah, I don't think any national teams are sponsored so there'd be no logo other than the shirt maker (Nike, Adidas, etc.)

Reactions: LOGiK

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
That seems rather cheap

The question is what among the best paid players means. In Chelsea, England or the world? I wouldn't mind him back in Liverpool for that fee if salary was ok, Think Firmino, Jota, Diaz bracket what ever they make.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The question is what among the best paid players means. In Chelsea, England or the world? I wouldn't mind him back in Liverpool for that fee if salary was ok, Think Firmino, Jota, Diaz bracket what ever they make.
He becomes the highest earner at Chelsea at a reported 300k p/w

Reactions: Prntscrn

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Thanks tho...

Forest are selling their new shirt without a sponsor logo. Happens sometimes when sponsors go bust or teams are finding a new one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad