Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion Part V

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Doesn't make him any better.
I sure hope teams actually scout players and don't look at resumes on Wikipedia.

Reactions: Power Man

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

So, this came from a TIFO podcast yesterday where Rafi Honigstein said it. Today he's come out and claimed the "might not exist in 2 years time" was meant to be a joke by him, however its out there now and being repeated by all and sundry as gospel.

The bit about Bayern wanting 50M and wanting it all upfront has been around for several weeks though.

Reactions: cgf and Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So, this came from a TIFO podcast yesterday where Rafi Honigstein said it. Today he's come out and claimed the "might not exist in 2 years time" was meant to be a joke by him, however its out there now and being repeated by all and sundry as gospel.

The bit about Bayern wanting 50M and wanting it all upfront has been around for several weeks though.
Yeah I saw the link to the original tweet on the FootballJOE site. Why didn't I post that? Because.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They want Pavard because there are some abilities in there, he does have experience, and potentially, with the right system, you could get a player. Not saying it's likely, but you never know.

Central defenders are also not exactly plentiful.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Confirmation but that doesn’t stop our tabloid friend

Reactions: les Habs

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone know where to get football shirts without the billboard of advertisements plastered all over them?
Official ones though...
I can only find national jersey's without the company logo's.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They want Pavard because there are some abilities in there, he does have experience, and potentially, with the right system, you could get a player. Not saying it's likely, but you never know.

Central defenders are also not exactly plentiful.
There are a dozen better CBs just in L1 and obviously less expensive.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sagnol was a decent RB when nobody was a good RB.
Pavard is an average CB with inflated ego who's paid like a top CB.

Also someone said players were holding out for more money all the time.
Who does that?
I see players holding out for a transfer from time to time but for a better salary?
Nope players respect their contract.

Reactions: Power Man

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Confirmation but that doesn’t stop our tabloid friend

I mean, it is obvious that it was a comment made in jest. Anybody who believes that Barca will fold in 2 years is an idiot.

Even if their financial situation was THAT dire, no way the government would not bail them out. Too big of an institution.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

The latter part about it all upfront has been mentioned multiple times, allegedly they still haven't been paid all they were owed on Vidal.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Anyone know where to get football shirts without the billboard of advertisements plastered all over them?
Official ones though...
I can only find national jersey's without the company logo's.
My guess is that they don't exist, as part of the sponsorship agreement would be that all shirts sold include the sponsor name. That's kinda the point. You might be able to get lucky and find some clubs where certain shirts are not sponsored. I know that happened with Roma a few years back, but my guess is that those instances will be few and far between.

Reactions: LOGiK

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Sagnol was a decent RB when nobody was a good RB.
Pavard is an average CB with inflated ego who's paid like a top CB.

Also someone said players were holding out for more money all the time.
Who does that?
I see players holding out for a transfer from time to time but for a better salary?
Nope players respect their contract.
Holding out for a transfer isn't respecting a contract.

I mean, it is obvious that it was a comment made in jest. Anybody who believes that Barca will fold in 2 years is an idiot.

Even if their financial situation was THAT dire, no way the government would not bail them out. Too big of an institution.
Or the club would be sold and debt would be handled that way. It would be a shitty situation, but it would ensure the survival of the club.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But you said players hold out for better contracts.
All the time you said.
Can you give examples?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kante watching Sterling and Ronnie the rapist fight over his #7 kit

1657128744994.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad