Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part IV

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nkunku signed an extension, looks like he won't be leaving this summer.

I mean does Steffen start for you guys?

I was talking about Ortega. We were linked with him heavily until a week or two ago. And Ortega is an easy starter for us, he's been excellent the past couple of seasons.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nkunku signed an extension, looks like he won't be leaving this summer.

I was talking about Ortega. We were linked with him heavily until a week or two ago. And Ortega is an easy starter for us, he's been excellent the past couple of seasons.
I mean, with Ortega off the board, would you consider signing Steffen to be your starter

Bale training for World Cup at Cardiff.

Forest offering 15m for Neco Williams, which is more than double what LFC have paid for his replacement Calvin Ramsay

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Every time I’ve seen him he’s been shaky.

Might be good enough for the Bundesliga though.
He’s okay. But he needs to be starting somewhere. especially ahead of the World Cup. All of the USA goalies are backups club level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean, with Ortega off the board, would you consider signing Steffen to be your starter

Bale training for World Cup at Cardiff.

Forest offering 15m for Neco Williams, which is more than double what LFC have paid for his replacement Calvin Ramsay

Probably not, we don’t need a goalie per say…as Rönnow looked solid in his starts last season, and we already brought Grill in on loan to push him as the #2 once we fell out of the race.

Ortega was just a chance to get a significant upgrade because he’s very good & was available on a free.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I’m sure he’d prefer to go to Sevilla and I couldn’t blame him. But not sure why United wouldn’t at least inquire about him.
We tried to sign him a few years ago but he asked for wages so astronomical it was clear he actually wasn't interested in coming.

Plus I'm not sure where he'd fit. We need a RW/backup striker (and DM, and CB, and RB...)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We tried to sign him a few years ago but he asked for wages so astronomical it was clear he actually wasn't interested in coming.

Plus I'm not sure where he'd fit. We need a RW/backup striker (and DM, and CB, and RB...)
Wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t want to come but I don’t see the harm in inquiring considering he’s a FA. Plus he’s striker which we need so that’s where he fits.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Not solid, but I just wanted to make you miserable this morning :laugh:

I already read it luckily it can’t be true although it would be like him to piss away the remainder of his years on the bench.

Right now he’s irrelevant to the Nt anyway. I’d like to see him perform for his sake more than the betterment of the NT which I think is better off without him

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I already read it luckily it can’t be true although it would be like him to piss away the remainder of his years on the bench.

Right now he’s irrelevant to the Nt anyway. I’d like to see him perform for his sake more than the betterment of the NT which I think is better off without him
It indeed makes very little sense from his perapective, even if Asensio leaves.

As a Madridista, I would like having a player of that caliber and relative versatility as a bench option.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I wonder why we are not on him lol

We can afford that salary and it cannot go worse than Depay

I see it from both sides. I don't think he's a priority, but at the right wage he should definitely be a consideration. Speaking of Depay though, dead wood like him needs to be offloaded as well I feel before we move for a guy like Dybala.

Because we can’t have nice things. Dybala as a 9 would be soo good. Ffs

I don't think he'd be that great. I guess for me I'd like a younger, longer term option, so maybe Dybala could e a decent stopgap.

EDIT: His wage demands are too high. Not crazy, but more than what we should spend on him.

Yeah, he's back for "free" with probably a nice signing bonus and big wage packet.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There’s reportedly no buyout clause in Wirtz’ most recent extension.
1656022485905.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad