Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part IV

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think they have a decent chance at European competition with another signing or two.
Ward-Prowse and Broja would be solid additions.
They need a consistent striker before they do anything major IMO. It will come in time though, getting to overpay anybody wages' will attract even the most hardcore beach/sunshine goers.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Is Diaby going to leave? I would think one more season and then he leaves.

He's been heavily linked to a departure this summer; while they're now reported to be on the brink of bringing in Edozie & Mudryk...so it sure looks like they're expecting him to leave this summer. Something like this maybe?

Schick / Azmoun

Adli / Paulinho -- Wirtz / Hlozek -- Mudryk / Edozie

Andrich / Arranguiz -- Palacios / Demirbay

Bakker / Sinkgraven -- Tah / Hincapie -- Tabsoba / Kossounou -- Frimpong / TFM

Hradecky / Lunev

3rd string:
Bravo, Bellarabi, Sertdemir, Eze, Fofana​

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They were considered good in worse leagues.

Lukaku wasn’t viewed highly at United.

Pulisic/Ziyech/Werner came from inferior leagues.

Those players “regressed” before Tuchel came. Pulisic has been garbage outside of that summer 2020 pandemic period where he was willing the team to results. Ziyech and Werner were the same under Lampard as well.

So, again, Lukaku got worse. Ok? I personally put a majority of the Lukaku blame at the feet of the lazy one himself, but if you want to have that one, sure.

We were still the fourth highest scoring team in Europe with the center of our 3-4-3 being…

Alonso - Kova - Jorgi - Azpi. (minutes played leaders) Just contextualize this shit.

We were right up there with City and Liverpool up until Chilwell and Reece got injured. We won a CL. We lost two 50/50 finals on penalties. Madrid barely escaped that second leg against us.

You are being ridiculous here. Tuchel elevated the ceiling of this team in both seasons. He’s gotten more out of the team than what the individual parts would indicate should be your likely results.
Sure buddy Tuchel has been around for awhile and the book is out on him its quite clear his limitations are. Like lampard being shit you cant see this either you will though.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sure buddy Tuchel has been around for awhile and the book is out on him its quite clear his limitations are. Like lampard being shit you cant see this either you will though.
I did realize lampard was shit

I just checked my post history - he absolutely deserved to be let go.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You write too much for this to be fun.

He's just pre-emptively salty that we're going to stop Leo from winning a WM before he retires :sarcasm:

Well I suppose the conversion rate and golazos didn’t help. I was just trash talking and more for Frenkie anyway. I should probably add smilies so @Duchene2MacKinnon and @SJSharks39 know. That said I was dead serious about Frenkie being World Class AND @SJSharks39 trading him to me.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Turner is a joke. Can’t believe he took a backup job going into a World Cup. He deserves not to play.

Did you see some of Ramsdale's advanced stats? Let's say there's a reason he took that job and I don't think there would be very much required to get him to play.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Did you see some of Ramsdale's advanced stats? Let's say there's a reason he took that job and I don't think there would be very much required to get him to play.
Ramsdale isn’t good but he could very easily he starting for England at the World Cup. Turner is not going unseat a guy that, at the minimum, has a chance to start for England. Especially not in the Premier League. Turner took the money and went to a the big name London team; which he is certainly in his right to do, but he might have cost himself starting at the World Cup to do so. Was it worth it? Stay tuned. Arsenal didn’t sign Turner because they cared about Ramsdale advanced stats

Reactions: luiginb

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's been heavily linked to a departure this summer; while they're now reported to be on the brink of bringing in Edozie & Mudryk...so it sure looks like they're expecting him to leave this summer. Something like this maybe?

Schick / Azmoun

Adli / Paulinho -- Wirtz / Hlozek -- Mudryk / Edozie

Andrich / Arranguiz -- Palacios / Demirbay

Bakker / Sinkgraven -- Tah / Hincapie -- Tabsoba / Kossounou -- Frimpong / TFM

Hradecky / Lunev

3rd string:
Bravo, Bellarabi, Sertdemir, Eze, Fofana​
I don't know much about Mudryk, but Edozie is 19 with almost no pro experience. If he hits the ground running, thats great, but you can't prepare for him to replace one of your best players on a team that is playing in the UCL and claims they have plans to win the league within a few years. If they are selling Diaby, they have to bring in more than Edozie. Thats a cheap punt signing that almost everyone makes. Mudryk may be that replacement, but he's not signed yet. Diaby was linked with Newcastle, but it doesn't seem like it's that close to completion.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00