Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part IV

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
If you read the papers United are in talks to get de jong, anthony, de ligt…i don’t know if this is even possible with no CL footie to offer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If you read the papers United are in talks to get de jong, anthony, de ligt…i don’t know if this is even possible with no CL footie to offer.

If United have £120 million available for this window, then absolutely United won't get those. And it's no wonder they're trying to get De Jong as low as they can.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't know much about Mudryk, but Edozie is 19 with almost no pro experience. If he hits the ground running, thats great, but you can't prepare for him to replace one of your best players on a team that is playing in the UCL and claims they have plans to win the league within a few years. If they are selling Diaby, they have to bring in more than Edozie. Thats a cheap punt signing that almost everyone makes. Mudryk may be that replacement, but he's not signed yet. Diaby was linked with Newcastle, but it doesn't seem like it's that close to completion.

It’s not like they’d be asking the kid to play huge minutes & replace Diaby 1 for 1. At full health they would have Aldi, Mudryk, Hlozek, Paulinho, Bellarabi, Edozie, & Bravo, all fighting for 2 spots alongside Wirtz & Schick.

I haven’t seen much of Mudryk, but I checked him out after Evilo responded positively to Bayer’s interest in him, and he does look a very crafty attacker. Similarly Hlozek will be a nifty add for them, and Adli taking a big step next season should surprise no one.

They’re as ready as they’ll ever be to withstand Diaby’s departure :dunno:

Reactions: gary69

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was generalizing either way tuchel has proven he sucks at offence this is known and hardly controversial

I wouldn’t say sucks at, just is too conservative/cautious strategically…cause he was a very creative offensive coach before becoming so cynical, so he has the capacity for it, just not the will.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
He's been heavily linked to a departure this summer; while they're now reported to be on the brink of bringing in Edozie & Mudryk...so it sure looks like they're expecting him to leave this summer. Something like this maybe?

Schick / Azmoun

Adli / Paulinho -- Wirtz / Hlozek -- Mudryk / Edozie

Andrich / Arranguiz -- Palacios / Demirbay

Bakker / Sinkgraven -- Tah / Hincapie -- Tabsoba / Kossounou -- Frimpong / TFM

Hradecky / Lunev

3rd string:
Bravo, Bellarabi, Sertdemir, Eze, Fofana​

That would be a very good squad for Bundesliga, quality back-ups as well. Should reach the CL spots again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad