Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Gerard Romero says Araujo has offers from United and Arsenal, where both clubs are offering higher wages than Barcelona.

Barcelona's also being linked to Raphinha and Antony, guessing one of these guys will replace Dembele.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Guess he is going to City then. Unless he really wants to play for Madrid.

Rumor for Barça in the last day or two was that unless he comes for sporting reasons he'll go elsewhere. So sounds like the same thing, but Madrid were offering more. I could see him going to Spain in the end.

I wouldn't rule out PSG if Mbappe leaves.

Gerard Romero says Araujo has offers from United and Arsenal, where both clubs are offering higher wages than Barcelona.

Barcelona's also being linked to Raphinha and Antony, guessing one of these guys will replace Dembele.

Word yesterday was the club would be improving it's offer, which as I said a week or so back was really low and they could easily improve it by 66%, but in the end if he stays he'll be rejecting bigger offers. On a side note, saw Rio Ferdinand quoted as saying he'd go for Marquinhos or Araujo. Araujo is good, but Pique is playing better and his distribution from the back is lacking such that the likes of Garcia might even get some minutes from him. That said he was benched over the weekend for fear he'd get a yellow and miss the Clasico.

Why would he go to City when he could go to Barca? :sarcasm:

You should do some homework before making a post like that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Rumor for Barça in the last day or two was that unless he comes for sporting reasons he'll go elsewhere. So sounds like the same thing, but Madrid were offering more. I could see him going to Spain in the end.

Word yesterday was the club would be improving it's offer, which as I said a week or so back was really low and they could easily improve it by 66%, but in the end if he stays he'll be rejecting bigger offers. On a side note, saw Rio Ferdinand quoted as saying he'd go for Marquinhos or Araujo. Araujo is good, but Pique is playing better and his distribution from the back is lacking such that the likes of Garcia might even get some minutes from him. That said he was benched over the weekend for fear he'd get a yellow and miss the Clasico.

Oh come on take a joke for once.

Reactions: cgf

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I also read that he wants short contract (3 years). Do not see Perez going for that.

The X factor for us being that Perez wants to make a huge splash this Summer for the "re-opening" of the Bernabeu.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Oh come on take a joke for once.

That wasn't your meaning and there was nothing funny about it so... I mean had you said something along the lines of paying Barça to play there, that would have been funny.

I also read that he wants short contract (3 years). Do not see Perez going for that.

The X factor for us being that Perez wants to make a huge splash this Summer for the "re-opening" of the Bernabeu.

Yeah, saw the length of the contract too and I would baulk at that as well.

Well the X factors for Haaland would be sporting and where he wants to live.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That wasn't your meaning and there was nothing funny about it so... I mean had you said something along the lines of paying Barça to play there, that would have been funny.

Yeah, saw the length of the contract too and I would baulk at that as well.

Well the X factors for Haaland would be sporting and where he wants to leave.
Erling is a weird dude. Part of me thinks he might like the idea of being the one to draggle Newcastle from the relegation race to the top of the footballing world. Part of me thinks he'll want to go head to head with Mbappe in La Liga, a la Messi & CR7. And part of me thinks that the money that Citeh will offer him will just be too insane for him to go anywhere else.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Erling is a weird dude. Part of me thinks he might like the idea of being the one to draggle Newcastle from the relegation race to the top of the footballing world. Part of me thinks he'll want to go head to head with Mbappe in La Liga, a la Messi & CR7. And part of me thinks that the money that Citeh will offer him will just be too insane for him to go anywhere else.

I think money will play a big role considering his agent. I think Raiola will tell him "you can just change clubs again in 3-5 years" and he'll take the biggest offer. Maybe I just have De Ligt in the back of my head.

I don't think he'll go to Barça even if we get the CVC deal and sell the 49% stake in Barça Studios because the offer simply won't be good enough. I'm fine with that all things considered and I think Haaland seems a bit of a knob anyway, but then what's the alternative? I reckon Barça will need/want a bonafide man up top by Summer of 2023.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wait what was my meaning then…?

As you wrote it. A sarcastic "why would he choose City when he could choose Barça?" Like I said, you might want to brush up on what's going on at Barça right now. I wouldn't say the club is "out of the woods" yet, but A LOT of promising goings on from the players, the manager, etc.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think money will play a big role considering his agent. I think Raiola will tell him "you can just change clubs again in 3-5 years" and he'll take the biggest offer. Maybe I just have De Ligt in the back of my head.

I don't think he'll go to Barça even if we get the CVC deal and sell the 49% stake in Barça Studios because the offer simply won't be good enough. I'm fine with that all things considered and I think Haaland seems a bit of a knob anyway, but then what's the alternative? I reckon Barça will need/want a bonafide man up top by Summer of 2023.

Raiola can say what he wants, but if Erling's answer to all of his suggestions is "nah, make it work with...instead" then that's what Raiola will do.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Raiola can say what he wants, but if Erling's answer to all of his suggestions is "nah, make it work with...instead" then that's what Raiola will do.

I just get the feeling that with Raiola isn't that easy. I mean were I his client it would be or he'd be sacked, but I just get the feeling it's different. Again, maybe I'm just thinking too much of what happened with De Ligt.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just get the feeling that with Raiola isn't that easy. I mean were I his client it would be or he'd be sacked, but I just get the feeling it's different. Again, maybe I'm just thinking too much of what happened with De Ligt.

For most players it's not that easy, but most players aren't norwegian-Awoniyi.

Erling's clout and personality could make him a unique case, even with an agent as powerful as Raiola involved.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
As you wrote it. A sarcastic "why would he choose City when he could choose Barça?" Like I said, you might want to brush up on what's going on at Barça right now. I wouldn't say the club is "out of the woods" yet, but A LOT of promising goings on from the players, the manager, etc.

You must be really fun at parties.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I will refrain from posting any humor or anything that doesn’t line up with your POV from now on. Good to know.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For most players it's not that easy, but most players aren't norwegian-Awoniyi.

Erling's clout and personality could make him a unique case, even with an agent as powerful as Raiola involved.
You don't take Railoa as your agent if you don't want to maximize the money.
Doesn't mean he doesn't choose where he goes but...

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I will refrain from posting any humor or anything that doesn’t line up with your POV from now on. Good to know.

Post what you want, but I called it like I saw it and your initial post, considering the "humor" portion, reads as though you're somewhat ignorant of what you were talking about.

Surely you're also a confident and stylish and ...
Confident most of the time, but sometimes not. Stylish, I think so, but then I could stand to lose a few pounds to optimize fit. Anyway, considering the replies let's just say I'd be Pique while you lot would be Harry Maguire.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Why wouldn’t you go to City? You walk into the team. Get paid a stupid amount. Work with Pep. Know they’re competing for stuff on all fronts. Makes sense to me.

Some valid points, but other reasons you'd consider say Barça:
  • Bigger club and everything that comes with that
  • Work with Xavi
  • A lot of players of similar age who look to be really good
  • Competing on multiple fronts
  • Better city
  • New stadium on the way
  • You walk into the team
So City have the wages, a different league and are the club your father played at. City are a fair choice for sure for those three reasons, but after that there isn't much else unless you think Barça will go under financially, but even then you might want to think about what is happening at Chelsea at the moment and who City's owners are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad