Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Salah to Barca was the one I saw today. How they can even sign the freebies like Kessie, Christensen and Azpilicueta is beyond me let alone the Haaland's and Salah's of the world they are also being linked to.

Arsenal need a legit goal scoring #9 even if Lacazette stays. I don't think David is the right fit at the moment.

Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Kessie to Barça seems to be done?

Yeah it's done. We don't need him unless they offload Busquets which is not going to happen. This Is also assuming all guys staying including De Jong which should stay. This also means bye bye to Riqui

Kessie is a good player who is going to allow us to not run these kids (or old man Busquets) into the ground anymore. I'm happy he's coming. He's also relatively young, can play some tiki taka and add some needed muscle and aerial prowess to our team which we've lacked in forever.

Not happy about the Kessie signing if it's true, and a lot of reports saying it's agreed. The good news is he'd be on a free and his wages would only be 4 million a season before variables. Still I think he's somewhat limited and NO WAY I would take him over Riqui. When they faced each other in preseason, and mind you this was when Riqui was a teenager, Rigui outplayed him and all Kessie could really do was foul him.

@Vasilevskiy Busquets has another year left on his contract and no way do I see Xavi letting him go. De Jong for sure stays as of right now. Riqui is up in the air, but the fanboy inside me aside, I'd keep him. Every time I read an argument about him it's all or nothing. He doesn't have to be a starter. He can be a squad player. Few other players at the club care as much as he does and he's very likely on peanuts for wages. I'd also be giving him minutes ahead of Nico right depending the scoreline in a match because Nico's play has dropped off some.

@luiginb We've got plenty of aerial prowess right now. Not in midfield, so fair enough if that is what you're referencing, but otherwise we've got plenty and there are plenty of other things I'd rather see from the team. I also think that defensively we're pretty good and notably better right now thanks to Xavi's tactics (incredible how underrated he is) and the team hunting in packs and working a lot harder. I don't think we need a Kessie and I don't think anyone is being run into the ground right now either.

I'm just thrilled we signed Torre. Can't wait to see how he does with the first team during preseason.

Salah to Barca was the one I saw today. How they can even sign the freebies like Kessie, Christensen and Azpilicueta is beyond me let alone the Haaland's and Salah's of the world they are also being linked to.

Arsenal need a legit goal scoring #9 even if Lacazette stays. I don't think David is the right fit at the moment.

Did you read the post that quoted yours yesterday? The club has a ton of money either coming in or close to coming in. Spotify went official today I believe, the CVC deal is close and then you've got the Barça Studios deal (which it should be noted is for only a 49% stake). That's likely close to 700 million. Additionally though, the club will likely we dropping a lot of wages. Griezmann, Coutinho (who your lot will overpay for ;)), Dembele (most likely), Sergi, Dest, Depay, Umtiti, Neto, Braithwaite, Lenglet, L De Jong, Trincao, Pjanic, Mingueza and possible a few more are all likely or at the very least quite possibly going to be gone. There's transfer income there and more importantly a lot of wages out the door. Dembele, Sergi and Depay, all of whom are still in the team, would be around 30 million in wages gone. The club could also get some new sponsors and look very likely to qualify for the CL next season as things stand.

As for the rumors, Kessie is going to be on a reasonable wage and apparently rejected better deals from other clubs including Premiership clubs (even if I don't like him). Christensen I believe as well. Azpilicueta isn't done yet. And based on what I'm seeing today we're not in the running for Haaland anymore.

I'd also just note, look at the timing of the news released yesterday. So it's the week of the Clasico and that comes out (shocking, I know) and Barça are currently negotiating the CVC deal. So hardly a coincidence. And I'll just add that other leagues don't have the same requirements with regards to their finances.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Re: Salah, I see the following possibilities:
  • He stays with Liverpool. PLENTY of time to agree a new deal unless they're gung ho about offloading him this Summer.
  • PSG. I would imagine they could afford the wages.
  • Madrid. I would say it depends on if they bring both Haaland and Mbappe in, but if they don't I could see them landing Salah.
  • Bayern. I could them as an option if Salah walks, but they have depth in his position already.
  • Barça. I don't think his wages make a move viable considering the club's finances, but a lot can happen between now and the Summer.
  • Juventus? Dark horse.
I just don't see him going to another Premiership side.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yup this sucks. Was seen as the next Ben White in the Brighton circles. Some think he has a higher ceiling since his passing and maturity on the ball is out of this world for someone of his age.

Solid signing for United, could be a good option in 2-4 years depending on his development.
Love the sound of that.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Kessie? I was thinking the same. Wages are low too so that wouldn't make him a prohibitive option.
Yeah. He also brings hustle and bustle, which isn’t an awful option to have. But the signing screams move on for 20-30 in a season or as a make weight in a transfer. It’s almost too bad China went belly up, as he’d be a classic move on guy.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@Evilo For some reason I can't get Twitter to links to work since before the site change, but anyway, not sure if you know about Mamadou Coulibaly of Monaco. Barça linked with him.

Yeah. He also brings hustle and bustle, which isn’t an awful option to have. But the signing screams move on for 20-30 in a season or as a make weight in a transfer. It’s almost too bad China went belly up, as he’d be a classic move on guy.

Well as I said in my other post, Xavi has them hustling and bustling pretty much across the board. Gavi is kind of badass too considering his size and age (if you know wrestling I think "send Hook" when I watch him play). Anyway, yeah, I agree. I don't think he's bad, but not where I'd put a lot of money right now considering the financial situation and the squad we have. 20-30 million in a year would be nice though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo For some reason I can't get Twitter to links to work since before the site change, but anyway, not sure if you know about Mamadou Coulibaly of Monaco. Barça linked with him.
I read Milan had signed him.
Never seen him play in youth selections. No idea who he is.

Reactions: les Habs

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Kessie played all of 3 games in his career in Puig's position, so getting one shouldn't change anything for the other. He's going to take some games away from Busquets and Nico, maybe Frenkie, not the Puigs Pedris or Gavis.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

David should go to Arsenal for no reason other than @robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Re: Salah, I see the following possibilities:
  • He stays with Liverpool. PLENTY of time to agree a new deal unless they're gung ho about offloading him this Summer.
  • PSG. I would imagine they could afford the wages.
  • Madrid. I would say it depends on if they bring both Haaland and Mbappe in, but if they don't I could see them landing Salah.
  • Bayern. I could them as an option if Salah walks, but they have depth in his position already.
  • Barça. I don't think his wages make a move viable considering the club's finances, but a lot can happen between now and the Summer.
  • Juventus? Dark horse.
I just don't see him going to another Premiership side.
Klopp hinted today that they aren’t going to do any more negotiating for Salah contract in season. Probably the right move considering what is on the table for the team as a whole right now.

I haven’t thought Salah was coming back for a while but it could happen I guess. If they can’t agree numbers and PSG offers something silly LFC will probably take it but either way, LFC will need a plug and play replacement for Salah if he goes. Doesn’t have to be Salah level but has to at least be able to come into the time like Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota have

I’ll tell you what though. The LFC “fans” are going to lose their minds if the Red Sox sign Freddie Freeman

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sport Bild is reporting that whatever release clause Haaland has in his contract must be triggered by April 30th, and that Citeh are going to trigger it.

WAZ is contradicting this however, reporting that BVB officials are not yet expecting Erling to leave...although they recognize that they will not be able to match the 600K a week that he's expected to earn whenever he goes to play on the island, and so are planning for life after Haaland.

Sport Bild has also backed up Bild's previous reports that Wirtz won't be leaving until 2024 at the earliest, and they've added that Bayer will expect Mbappe-money for him (140M+).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad