Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So apparently FC VW didn't just want to poach the GOAT from us this winter. According to Kicker, they apparently also made another approach to OG-Haaland but he turned them down again...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
"According to Tuttosport newspaper, Inter are reviving their interest in Marcus Thuram, while Atletico Madrid continue to monitor Lautaro Martinez."

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Xavi & Cruyff reportedly met with Haaland this week.

And after much drama, Kolo Muani will be joining Frankfurt.

While a number of BuLi & EPL clubs are apparently chasing Salzburg's Noah Okafor.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
But City are poor and can't compete with the biggest clubs they say.

Only thing I know is that Spurs will buy more crap - or buy someone with actual potential and send them out on loan half a year later. Happy times.

Reactions: JPBolts

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha. That is absurd.

Since the summer of 2020 he plays almost everything. Then he is injured during summer and early fall. Gets back in the team, but produces very little. Starts five league games in a row with 1 assist to show for. Another small injury, but he is still involved in games - even if he isn't starting as much now.

If you are going to moan just because you are not a given starter all the time when you are not producing - then move to Spain or something.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Good lord… Rashford and DDG have been the only players who I’ve really had any sort of connection to since the glory days and granted Rashfords is based on a lot of the stuff he’s done off the field. But you’re worried about a lack of playtime? Maybe you should stop trying to go 1v5 every time you get the ball?

He’s one of the guys I wanted to keep in a roster clear out, but I mean it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he left either. Hard to really feel bad if any of these guys leave if it helps in the long run.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Good lord… Rashford and DDG have been the only players who I’ve really had any sort of connection to since the glory days and granted Rashfords is based on a lot of the stuff he’s done off the field. But you’re worried about a lack of playtime? Maybe you should stop trying to go 1v5 every time you get the ball?

He’s one of the guys I wanted to keep in a roster clear out, but I mean it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he left either. Hard to really feel bad if any of these guys leave if it helps in the long run.

Going into this year I would have said Greenwood was the top of the list of players I want to keep if they blew things up with Rashford a close second.

Obviously Greenwood is done. I’d hope we can keep Rashford, but based on his play this year they won’t miss much.

Really wonder if injuries and miles have caught up with him a bit and he needs some time to reset. He’s 24 years old and has 300 senior appearances for club and another 50 for country. That’s an absurd number.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Going into this year I would have said Greenwood was the top of the list of players I want to keep if they blew things up with Rashford a close second.

Obviously Greenwood is done. I’d hope we can keep Rashford, but based on his play this year they won’t miss much.

Really wonder if injuries and miles have caught up with him a bit and he needs some time to reset. He’s 24 years old and has 300 senior appearances for club and another 50 for country. That’s an absurd number.
I’m sure playing all of last season with a f***ed up back really did a number on him. But even then… my biggest issues haven’t been related to him physically. It looks like he lost 200 IQ points over the summer. I’ve never seen someone utilize space and their teammates worse than Rashford this season. I’d be willing to give him another season to sort it out but his contract is up next year so it clearly makes for a sticky situation that’s for sure.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sounds as though an agreement with Christensen is all but finalized. He’ll apparently get a 5 year contract.

Laporta said today that they want to conclude all transfer business before the preseason tour, so we’ll see if they can get things done.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern continue being linked to Middlesborough's Djed Spence.

Newcastle has started being linked to Leverkusen's Diaby...would be a major coup for them.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Difficult choice - Cash or Emerson :laugh:

I think Emerson is among the worst players in the league, but I have seen Sissoko go from completely useless to good, and arguably Doherty is doing the same now. Hence, I cannot say Emerson will forever stay useless, but if you can more or less get your money back now I don't see how you can't take it.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad