Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part I

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Probably doesn’t mean anything but is funny.

Olise is a hell of a player though. Will be interesting to see what national team gets him. Think he has 3 or 4 options.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ok, I definitely didn't have St. Louis winning a transfer battle with Bayern on my bingo sheet. Lets go.
I mean Burki certainly isn’t anything special but if you compare how STL is building compared to what Charlotte is doing to can tell what team’s front office knows what they are doing and whose doesn’t.

But again Charlotte shouldn’t even have a team, they just have the richest owner in MLS and he dropped the bag and cut the line.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I mean Burki certainly isn’t anything special but if you compare how STL is building compared to what Charlotte is doing to can tell what team’s front office knows what they are doing and whose doesn’t.

But again Charlotte shouldn’t even have a team, they just have the richest owner in MLS and he dropped the bag and cut the line.
Sure, it's obvious that we weren't competing with Bayern who was offering their starting gig to him, just a weird note. Looks like Pfannenstiel is going with a German/Bundesliga type theme, so we'll see how that works out. And it makes sense since that's his background. As long as he is good about finding players for the system, it should. If it works, they could be like Sporting KC with how Vermes has a system sort of based off of Barca's, and that's helped him pick up some of their MLS level talent from La Masia over the years.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sure, it's obvious that we weren't competing with Bayern who was offering their starting gig to him, just a weird note. Looks like Pfannenstiel is going with a German/Bundesliga type theme, so we'll see how that works out. And it makes sense since that's his background. As long as he is good about finding players for the system, it should. If it works, they could be like Sporting KC with how Vermes has a system sort of based off of Barca's, and that's helped him pick up some of their MLS level talent from La Masia over the years.
Pfannenstiel is an interesting name. Remember him from Hoffenheim. Very interesting CV. Heard from interviews from him around the time Firmino went to LFC. Would rather have him that Ian Ayre would is at Nashville right now. STL looks to be following the Philly Union model.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It also makes a lot of sense with St. Louis’s connections to Germany, including the return of a direct flight.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Unless PSG decide they want to go in for him, there's really no other club out there that offers what he wants. Maybe City, though Liverpool will not sell to them, and the only way Salah goes is if he lets his contract wind down. Bayern could offer the money, but I don't think that's their direction.

At the end of the day, this whole process is a game of chicken. The club, and rightfully so, does not way to overpay Salah based on their wage structure. Salah wants to be paid as much as he feels is justified for a player of his stature.

I think it's 60/40 leave at this point, but... we will all know more before the Summer window rolls around in my mind.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Got a feeling he walks at the end of the contract.

This is all coming from Salah’s agent btw. Abbas is leaking this all to Romano to try to put pressure on LFC.

Either way PSG is going to offer a blank check. I’ve never thought Salah was Re-signing, and LFC certainly could let him wind down. Would be disappointing but certainly not unprecedented

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Unless PSG decide they want to go in for him, there's really no other club out there that offers what he wants. Maybe City, though Liverpool will not sell to them, and the only way Salah goes is if he lets his contract wind down. Bayern could offer the money, but I don't think that's their direction.

At the end of the day, this whole process is a game of chicken. The club, and rightfully so, does not way to overpay Salah based on their wage structure. Salah wants to be paid as much as he feels is justified for a player of his stature.

I think it's 60/40 leave at this point, but... we will all know more before the Summer window rolls around in my mind.
The clubs that can afford Salah:
Real Madrid... (he will be 31 years old, I doubt they consider him)
Juventus... they might not be able to afford hin but they love their freebies.
PSG...they can afford him and they might go for him
Man City... although they can afford him, they rarely sign above 30 years old players. Doubtful.
Manchester United... they can, will they? Should he?
Barcelona? Quite possible, not ruling it out.
Wild card: Newcastle. If it's only for money I could see Salah join them.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Who can afford him right now, and who can afford him when his contract ends are different parties.

I also eliminated some of the options based on the fact that it's not a good football option. Juve could afford him, but they're no where in the ballpark to win the CL.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Who can afford him right now, and who can afford him when his contract ends are different parties.

I also eliminated some of the options based on the fact that it's not a good football option. Juve could afford him, but they're no where in the ballpark to win the CL.
Who cares about CL. If he is that heart broken to only receive 300k/week instead of 400k his objective are clearly not CL driven but more money driven.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Despite the want for money from Salah, I don't think he is a big enough sell-out to go to Newcastle unless they have also made considerable progress from the footballing side of things.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Who cares about CL. If he is that heart broken to only receive 300k/week instead of 400k his objective are clearly not CL driven but more money driven.
There's a middle ground between ambition and money. There are plenty of top clubs who will pay him closer to what he wants, and offer CL chances.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Pfannenstiel is an interesting name. Remember him from Hoffenheim. Very interesting CV. Heard from interviews from him around the time Firmino went to LFC. Would rather have him that Ian Ayre would is at Nashville right now. STL looks to be following the Philly Union model.
He also still does occasional color commentary for English-language Bundesliga feeds and was on the Bayern-Hoffenheim match with Phil Bonney this last weekend, if I remember correctly.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Probably doesn’t mean anything but is funny.

Olise is a hell of a player though. Will be interesting to see what national team gets him. Think he has 3 or 4 options.

He has played for France in youth selections so far.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He has played for France in youth selections so far.
I’ve heard England wants him now too. As well as staying with France and Algeria also being an option. Think there was another one too

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Kessie to Barça seems to be done?
Yeah it's done. We don't need him unless they offload Busquets which is not going to happen. This Is also assuming all guys staying including De Jong which should stay. This also means bye bye to Riqui

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Kessie is a good player who is going to allow us to not run these kids (or old man Busquets) into the ground anymore. I'm happy he's coming. He's also relatively young, can play some tiki taka and add some needed muscle and aerial prowess to our team which we've lacked in forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad