Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Some of the statements around Reus are a bit different. Reus is a Dortmund kid. He's from there. Sancho isn't. He doesn't have the same attachment to the club. Really, it would be rather surprising if Sancho didn't make some fuss to go back to England, since he and his family are from there (no matter how much he might enjoy his time playing for Dortmund).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You are missing a small but important difference in the language.

When you are pressed on something, and say there's no way, you are setting yourself up for substantial pushback if you do something contrary.

If you state something without being pressed and without the strongest terms, you can always use the excuse that the circumstances changed.

I don't know how one doesn't acknowledge a difference between the language he's used in these situations.
Of course he's going to say it. Saying anything else would significantly weaken their position with Sancho. That's the point I'm making. Even if they 100% Sancho knew that Sancho was leaving he would say that.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Apparently a lot of interest in Barça's youngsters:
  • Trincao interest already discussed.
  • Clubs in Germany are interested in Pedri.
  • Barça have rejected two bids for Ilaix Moriba. Gladbach and Leipzig reportedly interested.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Of course he's going to say it. Saying anything else would significantly weaken their position with Sancho. That's the point I'm making. Even if they 100% Sancho knew that Sancho was leaving he would say that.

Sancho has 3 years left on his contract with no release clause. So why does Zorc have to care about their position?
Its "pay the sum we agreed upon with the agent and player last season when we secretly (there is a reason why they did not publish that and it was because they knew there was a decent chance Sancho would leave a year later) extended his deal (or atleast a sum that would be considered a fair fee for Sancho) or GTFO!"-time...
And Dortmund wanted it done till the start of their season. So they kept their word in regards to Sancho. He was allowed to leave under the right circumstances but the club he wanted to go to did not come up with the money in time. Thats not on Dortmund.
There is no need to sell right now at all and if Sancho acts up, that would be very unprofessional and ungrateful on his part considering that the club he wants to go to did not come up with the money that was agreed upon or that atleast can't be seen as an unfair fee from the viewpoint of Sancho or his agent(COVID or no COVID)....

It makes no sense for Zorc to make a statement like that as a negotiation ploy. None.
The only thing it would do is make him ridiculously bad if they turn around and sell Sancho..
It still won't change the fact that there is no reason for Dortmund to even engage in serious negotiations (and thats probably why they haven't and only gone through intermediaries)...
It was always pay what we want or go away for them.
Don't think United or other fans in general have grasped that...
Dortmund being somewhat open to a sale was never because they wanted the money but because they promised Sancho that they would be. And they kept their word. Now if Sancho acts up, he will look really bad.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Pirlo wants to rebuild with youth. Papers mention he likes some Eredivisie talents such as Dest, Koopmeiners, Boadu and Wijndal. Juve reportedly already made a bid for Dest.

The Sun also reports Arsenal would bid roughly 30M for Promes. But it’s the Sun and makes no sense for either party.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluesfan94

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Watford want 40 for Sarr from some accounts. If Liverpool wouldn’t do 50 for Werner, not sure this is the deal to happen. I am fully aware that Liverpool might have been playing hardball hoping to get Werner cheap, but I think 40 is too much.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Pirlo wants to rebuild with youth. Papers mention he likes some Eredivisie talents such as Dest, Koopmeiners, Boadu and Wijndal. Juve reportedly already made a bid for Dest.

I read about it this morning. Hopefully, it's true and the deal happens. Dest will most likely be an automatic starter.

La Stampia is also reporting trade talks for Lacazette and Douglas Costa.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Watford want 40 for Sarr from some accounts. If Liverpool wouldn’t do 50 for Werner, not sure this is the deal to happen. I am fully aware that Liverpool might have been playing hardball hoping to get Werner cheap, but I think 40 is too much.
I know I have detailed in much details prior but a transfer is more than just the transfer fee. There is the payment agreement, some deals are upfront other are spread within the period of the deal and attached to clause. Finally and more importantly there is also the wages. If Werner was to sign at LFC it was most definitely at 3 or 4 times higher salary than Sarr.

So let's assume (as was rumored) Werner deal is €50M upfront and the contract is €150k per week higher than Sarr we are talking at €39M more in total money which is significantly higher and a bit chunk of the available money in a pandemic world. While with Sarr they could negotiate €8M per year during 5 years and LFC could swallow that more easily.

So the net spend in cash for 2020 for werner would be around €50M + €5M bonus (1% of the deal) + Salary of €10.5. As for Sarr it would look more like €8M + €4M + salary of €3M.

Werner 2020 total spend: €65.5M
Sarr 2020 total spend: €15M
So, overall it is a difference of €50M in a pandemic world where money is very tight and this is the reason why it would make make more sense to get Sarr at 40 then Werner at 50

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Was gonna say I hope Traore is a loan. He's supposed to have a ton of upside and it would be silly to sell him now without giving him a chance to develop that a bit. Couple years of loans will be great.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I read about it this morning. Hopefully, it's true and the deal happens. Dest will most likely be an automatic starter.

La Stampia is also reporting trade talks for Lacazette and Douglas Costa.
I know many people here dont rate him but I think he's quite talented. He should stay in Ajax though.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Dest is a bit overhyped, though. Not sure I’d pony up 30M for him if I were Juve. The Serie A could be a good learning school for him, but I think he suits a league which has more freedom and emphasis on offense.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gaya is way too unproven to be a great buy. That said if we could leverage Firpo in the deal I'd be fine with it. EDIT: Well not really an edit because I'm catching myself before posting this, but WTF am I saying here? No, I wouldn't be fine with it. Zero interest in Gaya. He's 25 and has little to show for it. I'm sure we could find a better option.

He's a little older than Alba when he was first bought. He would be miles better than Firpio. Gaya is a good player just needs a chance on a bigger stage. I'm sure there are better options but Gaya isnt a crappy player.
Still not amusing.

That's because you have no joy.

I would love it if they threw big money at us for Dembele. Problem is they're probably spend it on Martinez.
Or better yet Kai.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sancho has 3 years left on his contract with no release clause. So why does Zorc have to care about their position?
Its "pay the sum we agreed upon with the agent and player last season when we secretly (there is a reason why they did not publish that and it was because they knew there was a decent chance Sancho would leave a year later) extended his deal (or atleast a sum that would be considered a fair fee for Sancho) or GTFO!"-time...
And Dortmund wanted it done till the start of their season. So they kept their word in regards to Sancho. He was allowed to leave under the right circumstances but the club he wanted to go to did not come up with the money in time. Thats not on Dortmund.
There is no need to sell right now at all and if Sancho acts up, that would be very unprofessional and ungrateful on his part considering that the club he wants to go to did not come up with the money that was agreed upon or that atleast can't be seen as an unfair fee from the viewpoint of Sancho or his agent(COVID or no COVID)....

It makes no sense for Zorc to make a statement like that as a negotiation ploy. None.
The only thing it would do is make him ridiculously bad if they turn around and sell Sancho..
It still won't change the fact that there is no reason for Dortmund to even engage in serious negotiations (and thats probably why they haven't and only gone through intermediaries)...
It was always pay what we want or go away for them.
Don't think United or other fans in general have grasped that...
Dortmund being somewhat open to a sale was never because they wanted the money but because they promised Sancho that they would be. And they kept their word. Now if Sancho acts up, he will look really bad.
I mean again what else is he supposed to say? Either it's true and no negotiations are happening or negotiations are still going on and he'd be an idiot to say anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad