Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Casemiro is staying.
Modric gone for sure I would say, wasn't he rumoured to sign with Inter?
I think Kroos would stay though. Valverde should start over him anyway

James and Isco are goners

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it as well.

Stay: Casemiro, Valverde, Kroos
Go: Modric, James, Isco
Come back: Ceballos, Odegaard

Valverde should have started more towards the end of the season, including the CL game. I never understood why Modric took his starting spot. Modric was playing much better than he had previously, but Valverde was still better.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think Barça may make a play for Haaland especially if no Lautaro

Dortmund is not selling him.
No chance.
I am not sure if his release clause kicks in in 2022 or 2023 but they are not selling him for atleast another year.
Also Barca does not have the money...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What makes you think BVB won't sell?
They have sold every single player when a big team came knocking : Gotze, Hummels, Dembele, Aubameyang, etc...
They kept Lewandowski once and it backfired. And even then they got lowballed the summer before because he was able to leave on a free a few months later.

IF Haaland wants to leave AND a big team is ready to spend, they WILL sell.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean that's the central plot with all of it. If United pays what they want, they will sell.

they're not going to keep a player kicking and screaming. It doesn't make any sense in today's market or any other.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Did a club ever come for Reus or was he always committed to stay? His injuries probably played a factor in that too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They have sold every single player when a big team came knocking : Gotze, Hummels, Dembele, Aubameyang, etc...
They kept Lewandowski once and it backfired. And even then they got lowballed the summer before because he was able to leave on a free a few months later.

They also already sold Sancho to Manchester United. And there have never been any transfer rumors that Dembele leaving Barcelona.

You've been quiet the last few days.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How so?
I never said anything about Sancho to United one way or the other.
As for Dembele, nope, United being interested means absolutely nothing.
However, you keep on ignoring the multiple reports from Barca saying Dembele is not leaving in any way shape or form.

Basically, you just made a huge failure of response without EVEN answering the post you're quoting.
This, my friend, is called trolling.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
they're not going to keep a player kicking and screaming. It doesn't make any sense in today's market or any other.

There's actually been no concrete indication that Sancho wants to leave. This is a lot of English media speculation, and given they've been wrong so far, they can't be completely trusted about that.

Also, I'm sure at some point there will be a player who throws a tantrum wanting to leave, and we'll see what happens. Watzke has said the next player to do that will sit in the stands and not play.

A lot of outside fans seem to think Dortmund will cave on Sancho and will cave if any player throws a tantrum. Our hierarchy has been rather forceful in their statements about these situations. Something outside fans don't consider is how they come off to their own fans. Thats an easy way to come under pressure.

We'll have to see what happens.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There's actually been no concrete indication that Sancho wants to leave. This is a lot of English media speculation, and given they've been wrong so far, they can't be completely trusted about that.

Also, I'm sure at some point there will be a player who throws a tantrum wanting to leave, and we'll see what happens. Watzke has said the next player to do that will sit in the stands and not play.

A lot of outside fans seem to think Dortmund will cave on Sancho and will cave if any player throws a tantrum. Our hierarchy has been rather forceful in their statements about these situations. Something outside fans don't consider is how they come off to their own fans. Thats an easy way to come under pressure.

We'll have to see what happens.
I'm not saying he's throwing a tantrum. In fact, doesn't seem like it from what we can tell so far. But if he did, I think they'd eventually move if they got their price (or something close enough to where it's negligible or a win with incentives that are reachable). If he acted poorly (or someone else did) and they didn't get their price, that would be a different bridge to cross, but I think it's likely as LITN said, that the buying club likes to see the stamping of the feet happen, and that could be the question.

I'm not sure what is going to happen with Sancho. I think at the end of the day, if United wants him, they'll pay the fee and stop fooling around. But I also find it pretty nauseating to spend hours and hours going back and forth on will he or won't he. It's just silly. It also really isn't going to be the buy that makes United top 2 or so. They have a few other things they need to find as well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
How so?
I never said anything about Sancho to United one way or the other.

I don't know how to quote posts from a locked thread, but I'll provide the sources.

Transfer: - Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Post #795

The transfer will happen at around 110-120 most likely.

Post #844

Nah it's a postive move for Sancho and everyone including himself sees it.

Post #895

And obviously Haaland is too good for BVB. That's why he leaves in a year. That's why Sancho leaves for a team that didn't even qualify for the CL last year and has no shot at being champion next year.

As for Dembele, nope, United being interested means absolutely nothing.
However, you keep on ignoring the multiple reports from Barca saying Dembele is not leaving in any way shape or form.

I think they will force him out at some point. This summer? Unlikely, but we'll see. If not this summer, probably next summer. If I'm wrong, call me out on it. No problem if I'm wrong and you call me out about that.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Just shows that you never closely followed Dortmund and what they do I guess..
Same garbage United fans seem to believe...
Dortmund are a stepping stone club. Yes. They have become one of the most attractive destinations for top end talents and it has paid off majorly for them.

But they don't want to sell their players if they don't have to.
They accept that most top end talents won't sign a 2nd contract for them and deal with it and usually get a very good fee out of them.
But its not their intention to make profits by selling players.
They do it to make up the financial gap between them and the top end teams while fielding as good of a team as possible year in and year out and have done a very good job in that regard.
Götze had a release clause. Hummels had only 1 year left. Dembele went on strike and AWOL and cost a gigantic fortune to pry him away from them. Auba did the same and also rejected a contract extension IIRC before leaving with 1.5 years or so left...
They did not sell these players because they wanted to (aside from maybe Auba because the relationship got contentious in the end). They sold because they were forced to.

Haalands release clause does not kick in for atleast the next 2 seasons I think. So maybe they will sell next year in order to avoid having to let him go for the cheap release clause.
But they certainly don't want to sell him now.
Their goal is to win titles and challenge Bayern (as unrealistic as it sometimes might look) and not to maximize profits...

Just shows a fundamental lack of understanding that you and many PL fans are displaying on that matter...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm not saying he's throwing a tantrum. In fact, doesn't seem like it from what we can tell so far. But if he did, I think they'd eventually move if they got their price (or something close enough to where it's negligible or a win with incentives that are reachable). If he acted poorly (or someone else did) and they didn't get their price, that would be a different bridge to cross, but I think it's likely as LITN said, that the buying club likes to see the stamping of the feet happen, and that could be the question.

To me that is blatantly transparently what both teams want. Dortmund wouldn't have to pay him a loyalty bonus either if this happened. United might get a small break on wages, which would just slightly level off paying that much money to Dortmund.

There will be no deal unless he goes on strike, unless he shows that he really really wants to play there. I do think he might do that.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How is this did I say anything about him being a sure United player or a sure BVB player?
I said I'd thought it'd happen at the price set by BVB. Big deal.

Should I call you out if Dembele doesn't leave this summer?
Man, I've called you out a thousand times on your various hilarious statements. You're a collector.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Had this in the PL thread, but maybe better here

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-11_16-48-51.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-11_16-48-51.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just shows that you never closely followed Dortmund and what they do I guess..
Same garbage United fans seem to believe...
Dortmund are a stepping stone club. Yes. They have become one of the most attractive destinations for top end talents and it has paid off majorly for them.

But they don't want to sell their players if they don't have to.
They accept that most top end talents won't sign a 2nd contract for them and deal with it and usually get a very good fee out of them.
But its not their intention to make profits by selling players.
They do it to make up the financial gap between them and the top end teams while fielding as good of a team as possible year in and year out and have done a very good job in that regard.
Götze had a release clause. Hummels had only 1 year left. Dembele went on strike and AWOL and cost a gigantic fortune to pry him away from them. Auba did the same and also rejected a contract extension IIRC before leaving with 1.5 years or so left...
They did not sell these players because they wanted to (aside from maybe Auba because the relationship got contentious in the end). They sold because they were forced to.

Haalands release clause does not kick in for atleast the next 2 seasons I think. So maybe they will sell next year in order to avoid having to let him go for the cheap release clause.
But they certainly don't want to sell him now.
Their goal is to win titles and challenge Bayern (as unrealistic as it sometimes might look) and not to maximize profits...

Just shows a fundamental lack of understanding that you and many PL fans are displaying on that matter...
Nah, the lack of understanding is being blind. That is YOUR case.
I have zero interest in Sancho, BVB and United.
But how many excuses can you come up with?
ALL THOSE GUYS LEFT when they wanted.
So again, can you give me an example of a single big time player that BVB blocked from leaving when a big team came and paid the price?
The only example was Lewa.
And please you have to realize that when a player leaves 1 year before the end of his contract (Hummels or when Lewa wanted), HE REJECTED EXTENSIONS.
If Haaland or Sancho WANT to leave AND a big team gives up the money, THEY WILL LEAVE.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Had this in the PL thread, but maybe better here

That's why they can buy bit part players. Next summer they'll be trying to get something big done. I do think they want Sancho, but obviously he'd have to stay at Dortmund for another year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
When?
Where?
How?
Please provide examples.

Yesterday Zorc said there is no way Sancho will leave.

Watzke said the next player to try to pull a Dembele will sit in the stands.

“On Thursday, I laid it on the line for the squad — the next player who does something like that will fail miserably
“He’ll run into major problems. The next player who tries to put us under pressure by withholding performances or even going on strike will not get a pass and will instead sit in the stands.
“They are all aware of it. This is now a public statement. Following Dembele and Aubameyang, there is now an overriding interest for the club — we need to get a better structure into our squad again.

Watzke coming down hard on Borussia Dortmund squad after Aubameyang exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad