Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Todibo returned to preseason training for Barça only to test positive for Coronavirus. He will be quarantining now. He did apparently turn down an offer from Benfica. Hoping he gets some good minutes in preseason. I think we'll need the depth. Unfortunately Umtiti apparently isn't interested in moving so we're stuck with him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nope he's proved he can play for Valencia and be a great player for them... as stated earlier their next captain. So, who knows if he can do it on a bigger stage only one way to find out. I'm sure he will be our 2nd best full back at the very worst.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
And that's like just your opinion, man. See how that works?

Last six league seasons Gaya has a grand total of 13 assists in 165 matches and 6 of those came in one season.

Yeah and Semedo has 2 assists in 80 games in the last 3 seasons. I wouldn't say he sucks despite that.

Jordi Alba had 5 assists in 74 games before joining Barça and that turned out fine.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah and Semedo has 2 assists in 80 games in the last 3 seasons. I wouldn't say he sucks despite that.

Jordi Alba had 5 assists in 74 games before joining Barça and that turned out fine.

Nor would I, but then I never said Gaya sucks either.

Yeah, and 21 of those matches weren't as a starter where as with Gaya only 13 matches weren't as a starter. Alba was clearly on the ascendancy. He also had 5 goals. I'd say that had Alba as many matches as a starter as Gaya the numbers would be in his favor.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nor would I, but then I never said Gaya sucks either.

Yeah, and 21 of those matches weren't as a starter where as with Gaya only 13 matches weren't as a starter. Alba was clearly on the ascendancy. He also had 5 goals. I'd say that had Alba as many matches as a starter as Gaya the numbers would be in his favor.

I agree Alba was on the up and looked a fine signing. I wouldn't expect Gaya to turn out that good but could be a good role player

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Dest is a bit overhyped, though. Not sure I’d pony up 30M for him if I were Juve. The Serie A could be a good learning school for him, but I think he suits a league which has more freedom and emphasis on offense.

He'd be starting right away. He can't be anyway worse than De Sciglio and the scam artist named Danilo. We had to convert Cuads to a right back. Apparently, Pirlo wants to play an attacking style.

Interesting...I read that as well, but how reliable is La Stampia (which tier source)?

xpavcyi9ty431.jpg

Interesting...I read that as well, but how reliable is La Stampia (which tier source)? I mean I would take Costa easily, but I think I trust L'Equipe with Arsenal going after Gabriel than I am with us trading Lacazette for Costa.

I don't know, but personally I am much more interested in who Arsenal are going to sell than I am in terms of bringing players in because we're always linked with thousands' and only two happen.
I hope not. We don't need more wingers.

From a Juve perspective, I'd take that deal and run. Costa is the real life version of Tim the Tool Man. He spends most of his days in the hospital than he does on a field.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Douglas Costa is one of the most overrated players in the world. I would want my club to give him a hard pass if I were a fan of a team looking at him.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t know that they move to get either one, but that seems to be the plan from last summer as well. Buy the young stars now, let them develop instead of paying big money down the road.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He'd be starting right away. He can't be anyway worse than De Sciglio and the scam artist named Danilo. We had to convert Cuads to a right back. Apparently, Pirlo wants to play an attacking style.

Careful now. They guy can’t defend in the Eredivisie and a much better player than him in de Ligt had a rough transition. I wouldn’t get my hopes up about Dest. Some of the worst aspects of his game are his tactical discipline and awareness which is are among the pillars of the Italian game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad