Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hopefully we come to an agreement, but we need an obligation to buy, not just an option, even if it means a bit less IMO.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hopefully we come to an agreement, but we need an obligation to buy, not just an option.

He had an option to buy with Monaco as well, and I was hoping they would buy him since he had a good stretch there, but the COVID situation removed all hope of that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He had an option to buy with Monaco as well, and I was hoping they would buy him since he had a good stretch there, but the COVID situation removed all hope of that.
The option was also pretty high, around the price we bought him for, so I never expected it to get exercised, then again I didn't expect to get what we got for Morata. That's my fear with a Milan loan, the option will be too high, so in reality it's just a 1-year loan with no chance of them buying him.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The option was also pretty high, around the price we bought him for, so I never expected it to get exercised, then again I didn't expect to get what we got for Morata. That's my fear with a Milan loan, the option will be too high, so in reality it's just a 1-year loan with no chance of them buying him.
I was hopeful because it was Monaco and that's where he was before, so they knew how well he could play and he did well enough on loan this time around, so even if they didn't take up the option I was hoping they would try and negotiate a lower but still reasonable fee for him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They should sell Jorginho and bring him back.
Probably not many teams willing to spend money on Jorginho. I'm sure some Italian clubs will be interested, but how much will they be willing to spend. Sarri at Juve was the main hope.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Was gonna say I hope Traore is a loan. He's supposed to have a ton of upside and it would be silly to sell him now without giving him a chance to develop that a bit. Couple years of loans will be great.

it’s not surprising bc I did just read an interview (albeit translated from French) where he basically said he feels he’s first team material and ready for a senior career. So either he wants in the United senior squad or a loan but doesn’t want another season with the academy teams. Makes sense. I would rather this tbh as long as they don’t sell.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Watford want 40 for Sarr from some accounts. If Liverpool wouldn’t do 50 for Werner, not sure this is the deal to happen. I am fully aware that Liverpool might have been playing hardball hoping to get Werner cheap, but I think 40 is too much.
I doubt LFC was playing hardball with Werner.

I wouldn’t sign Sarr. He doesn’t score enough to play in our system. Liverpool have been burned by signing guys like this in the past. 40M way too much with other needs

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I dont think 70 million is going to cut it.
Probably not. Think the narrative is basically that they're are going to try and get a Kai deal done and are more or less willing to pay what is needed, but any other player beyond that will requires sales. Whether it's just to clear roster space, free up wages, and/or fund the transfers, we aren't entirely sure.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Probably not many teams willing to spend money on Jorginho. I'm sure some Italian clubs will be interested, but how much will they be willing to spend. Sarri at Juve was the main hope.
Italian clubs will just try to Loan Jorginho into the infinite.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Probably not. Think the narrative is basically that they're are going to try and get a Kai deal done and are more or less willing to pay what is needed, but any other player beyond that will requires sales. Whether it's just to clear roster space, free up wages, and/or fund the transfers, we aren't entirely sure.
I didnt read the article but the headline suggest they wont sign Kai until they sell. But it's just the headline.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I mean again what else is he supposed to say? Either it's true and no negotiations are happening or negotiations are still going on and he'd be an idiot to say anything else.

He could have said "I do not want to comment any type of rumors..."
That way he wouldn't look like a complete and utter fool if Sancho is playing for United next season and it wouldn't have affected any negotiation position in any way.

I think by now we know that there were negotiations or better contact about the player.
But the german media is agreeing with my assumption right now that there was a firm deadline for a Sancho sale that was agreed upon with Sancho and his agency as part of the deal to extend his contract last year that meant that he could leave for a certain fee until the training camp restarts. In Germany its a done deal that Sancho is staying for another year. Nobody thinks Zorc is bluffing. Thats coming only from the English and United side.
BVB would have a lot of egg on their faces if they give in now and sell him (which could happen but I really don't see that right now).

From the looks of it United did not take that seriously and gravely misjudged what was going on.
They thought Dortmund wants the money and tried to haggle instead of realizing that the only reason Dortmund was listening was the gentlemans agreement they had with Sancho and his agent.
I mean who knows what happens if Sancho goes full Dembele but I don't really see that happening and if he doesn't do that, I don't see a way how United will get Sancho in this window anymore...

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So he'd only need to play for another 123 years to match Arsenal's accomplishments in that respect.
Ehhhhh, I mean Arsenal haven't been close to ever winning the CL since the beginning of the 2000's so I am not sure why you're making that comparison? Man City not winning yet has been a disappoint to say the least considering who there manager is and how much they've spent constantly.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
La Stampia is also reporting trade talks for Lacazette and Douglas Costa.
Interesting...I read that as well, but how reliable is La Stampia (which tier source)? I mean I would take Costa easily, but I think I trust L'Equipe with Arsenal going after Gabriel than I am with us trading Lacazette for Costa.

I don't know, but personally I am much more interested in who Arsenal are going to sell than I am in terms of bringing players in because we're always linked with thousands' and only two happen.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
ESCLUSIVA TMW - Milan sogna Bakayoko. Il francese: "Ho i rossoneri nel cuore" - TUTTOmercatoWEB.com

Milan dreams of the return of Tiemoué Bakayoko. The midfielder returned to Chelsea after a year on loan at Monaco, where he had already shown himself in the 2016-17 season. The Frenchman left great memories with the Rossoneri, where in the 2018-19 season he collected 42 appearances in all competitions. The conditions are evaluated to make the deal possible, Chelsea who paid 40 million for it in 2017 does not want to go at a loss (contract expiring in 2022) and the issue of engagement has to be solved, out of the possibilities of Milan. Intercepted by telephone by our editorial team, Bakayoko limited himself to admitting that: "Everyone knows that Milan is in my heart and I have excellent memories. At the moment I'm a Chelsea player, then we'll see in football."

Reactions: Blender

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Interesting...I read that as well, but how reliable is La Stampia (which tier source)? I mean I would take Costa easily, but I think I trust L'Equipe with Arsenal going after Gabriel than I am with us trading Lacazette for Costa.

I don't know, but personally I am much more interested in who Arsenal are going to sell than I am in terms of bringing players in because we're always linked with thousands' and only two happen.

I fell like I’m saying the same thing over, and over, and over... and over again.

If we’re signing or moving players, can we please, for the love of god, get players at positions of weakness... PLEASE!

Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He's a little older than Alba when he was first bought. He would be miles better than Firpio. Gaya is a good player just needs a chance on a bigger stage. I'm sure there are better options but Gaya isnt a crappy player.

That's because you have no joy.

Or better yet Kai.

So Gaya can't do it on the smaller stage and he needs a chance on a bigger stage? Alba was much better when we bought him than Gaya is now.

I have a lot of joy. Isco brings me none of it.

Well yeah, of course, but we've not been linked with him much if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad