Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sancho to United is a disgusting transfer.

- Coutinho still heavily linked to Arsenal today, more talks about a loan move where Arsenal pays half his wages' than a swap for Guendouzi.

- Arsenal once again being linked to Zaha. Rumoured price for him is now 30 million pounds.

- Reports out of Portugal is that Arsenal did put in a bid of 18 million for Joelson, which was rejected by Sporting.

- Arsenal softly being linked with an ex-academy player Joshua Dasilva for Brentford.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He was never given a chance at the senior level. :laugh:

He was with the senior squad for the last 2 seasons and barely got in games cause he didn't impress anyone. He started 3 consecutive Europa games and was completely anonymous.

The kid refused to go on loan and refused to sign a new deal, and never impressed 2 managers enough to get in the 18.

People just fall in love with prospects and potential. He couldn't beat out Andreas Perierra to start in the League Cup FFS.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He was with the senior squad for the last 2 seasons and barely got in games cause he didn't impress anyone. He started 3 consecutive Europa games and was completely anonymous.

The kid refused to go on loan and refused to sign a new deal, and never impressed 2 managers enough to get in the 18.

People just fall in love with prospects and potential. He couldn't beat out Andreas Perierra to start in the League Cup FFS.
I’m not saying he’s going to be some huge break out Star like say Osimhen. He’s better than Andreas though. Guy is absolute garbage. Me on half a knee is better than Andreas.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m not saying he’s going to be some huge break out Star like say Osimhen. He’s better than Andreas though. Guy is absolute garbage. Me on half a knee is better than Andreas.
I don't think he's better now, but he's also only 19 and would be surprised if he doesn't surpass him in the near future. I always thought Chong would be a Lingard level player where Gomes would be a bit better, but looks like neither have transitioned to the professional level very well, particularly Chong. But luckily for Gomes he's going to one of the best developing clubs in Lille and should hopefully progress as a player.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I actually agree. He stepped up this year and I think he moved ahead of Dumfries, though Dumfries himself had a pretty good season.

I think the Netherlands will do well between those two and Frimpong who I think has a higher ceiling than either of them.

Dumfries has no football IQ. If he would accept the fact he has no ball or offensive skills, he might actually be Oranje material. Until then I’ll go with the defensively solid Zeefuik.

Yeah Frimpong has been amazing for Celtic. Seems like another City cast away who City could regret to let go. I expect a move to a Premier League side before next season is up. Also looking forward what Teze from PSV can do if Dumfries indeed goes to Milan.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Going to Crystal Palace would be a terrible idea for him. Doesn't MacAllister and Alzate play the same position for Brighton? Doesn't seem like an area of need for them or a place to start for Eze. If Villa sell Grealish that's the perfect place for him to go and step in right away. I also think he would be a good option for Leicester since they have Europe now and will play a lot of matches. He would be good cover for Maddison and get a lot of starts in Cup games and probably a fair share of PL ones if they rotate some.

At times this year Brighton lacked that decisive pass and direct attacker, and I think Eze fits the bill. Gross had less productive season than he is used which was felt in our lack of goals through 2020.

With Mac Allister I get the sentiment, Alzate however lined up down the right side or deeper in midfield more this year, I think Potter's plan for him is more in these areas and less as a CAM.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
There's no way West Ham spend £20M on a striker right now when A) they need to spend to buy, B) the striker in no way fits the profile Moyes has talked about, and C) way bigger areas of need.

Suspect story.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
There's no way West Ham spend £20M on a striker right now when A) they need to spend to buy, B) the striker in no way fits the profile Moyes has talked about, and C) way bigger areas of need.

Suspect story.
I think Haller may go to Monaco and they'll need a replacement.

That's the only angle I buy.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Sancho to United is a disgusting transfer.

- Coutinho still heavily linked to Arsenal today, more talks about a loan move where Arsenal pays half his wages' than a swap for Guendouzi.

- Arsenal once again being linked to Zaha. Rumoured price for him is now 30 million pounds.

- Reports out of Portugal is that Arsenal did put in a bid of 18 million for Joelson, which was rejected by Sporting.

- Arsenal softly being linked with an ex-academy player Joshua Dasilva for Brentford.

Once again, we’re linked with a bunch of players, at positions we don’t really need in order to improve the overall state of the team.

Reactions: Cassano

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Was looking at the highlighted soccer players on the Nike App (LFC promoting), and I feel like the most realistic signing on there is....Alex Morgan? (Assuming they’re get promoted while she is on maternity). Here are the men’s names:
  • Ronaldo
  • E. Hazard
  • Kane (not Herbie)
  • Mbappe
  • Asensio (have a hard time seeing him as a target)
  • Neymar
  • Sterling
So much for a marquee Nike player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad