Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice, we need a real RB. We had to convert Cuads to RB because the two RB's we have are always injured and they also both suck. Danillo has to be the biggest scam artist of all-time. He managed to scam his way onto top teams posing a football player. I knew trading Cancelo for him would be a disaster.

He's been linked with a number of big clubs this summer, and seems to want to go. I think Bayern has the inside track to sign him. Barca is his favorite club growing up and reportedly has a lot of interest, but is a financially poor club without the money to afford him. Juve is a new link. I doubt he goes there, but I'm not a transfer guru, so maybe he will.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
  • Umtiti and Dembele apparently available but the club fears they won't be able to offload them due to injuries. Reading the Guendouzi rumors the other day an Umtiti - Guendouzi swap immediately came to mind. Of course again I'd rather see us deal with Napoli, RB Leipzig or even BVB if they're willing.
  • ESPN saying that Liverpool aren't after Thiago.
  • Apparently Barça have won the race to sign Rayo's Fabian Luzzi. I say apparently because I've seen this sort of thing before only to see another club come in the for the player. Anyway, he's this years Asensio or Pedri if you will from a transfer perspective.

We don't have the money or need Umtiti. No chance Dembele is coming back. He'd need to do a total about-face for how he acted when he left. Doesn't seem mature enough to do that.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
He's been linked with a number of big clubs this summer, and seems to want to go. I think Bayern has the inside track to sign him. Barca is his favorite club growing up and reportedly has a lot of interest, but is a financially poor club without the money to afford him. Juve is a new link. I doubt he goes there, but I'm not a transfer guru, so maybe he will.

I know the probability is low. I am just happy we being linked to a real RB because we been linked to shit lately.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well that's step down and step DOWN. :D
Seriously, there are plenty of CL contenders that would love Dembele. He was clearly too big for BVB.

Like who? He won’t be sent to Madrid. Bayern just bought Sane. PSG could be a possibility, but probably not until they sell Mbappe or Neymar. Liverpool has no money. City could be a possibility I guess. Maybe Juve. 2-3 teams that could have conceivable interest, otherwise he’s taking a step down to a club the caliber of Dortmund.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You have no idea if Pool has no money just because they didn't spend it on Werner.

PSG, Pool, City, Juve, surely.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You have no idea if Pool has no money just because they didn't spend it on Werner.

PSG, Pool, City, Juve, surely.
Liverpool has no money, or they would have spent it on Werner.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
According to whom?
A lot of people. All the legitimate best writers for Liverpool. David Ornstein, who is the top guy in the UK in general. Swiss Ramble has exploded a lot on LFC finances as well.
Also FSG is not willing to put the club in debt to sign players; that was always been their model - to rely on net spend.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Again man, that's people interpreting the lack of signing. That's not even counting a swap here.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, people are interpreting the Werner non signing as being the lack of Pool funds.

If Pool was after him and he was on the block, I'm sure Dembele would be a possibility for Pool (either transfer or swap).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yes, people are interpreting the Werner non signing as being the lack of Pool funds.

If Pool was after him and he was on the block, I'm sure Dembele would be a possibility for Pool (either transfer or swap).
Well a swap is different than a transfer. Liverpool doesn't have the money to outright buy a player currently.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

There is no money though. Everything backs that up. Coronavirus messed with the clubs income and FSG is very sensitive to this. There is nothing in the clubs accounting that suggests otherwise, and all the top journalists back this up too. It’s a hell of a conspiracy theory. Maybe they could loan Dembele in; that would be great, but LFC can’t afford anyone major. Maybe at the end of the window if there are outgoings, but Klopp likes his business done early so he can get a full training/preseason with them. Either way it’ll be interesting to see what they can come up with. They badly need an Origi upgrade

Remember, LFC does not have Sheik/KGB/Sugar Daddy/Oil/Debt Money to play with. FSG is in the bottom half of the table in terms of owner valuation. It’s not that easy for them.

Last edited:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Like who? He won’t be sent to Madrid. Bayern just bought Sane. PSG could be a possibility, but probably not until they sell Mbappe or Neymar. Liverpool has no money. City could be a possibility I guess. Maybe Juve. 2-3 teams that could have conceivable interest, otherwise he’s taking a step down to a club the caliber of Dortmund.
United were linked a couple days ago

Reactions: Gecklund

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

I think they have some money but they preferred not to spend on Werner for many reasons. I think the main reasons are monetary: High wage, High bonuses and payment upfront €55M. They thought (and still has to be proven) that the prices will be lower late in the windows when teams get desperate to raise funds. Also Liverpool were relying to get a significant portion of the money spend on the sales of Origi and Shaqiri and possibly Harry Wilson. Now it seems unlikely they will find takers on their term and might have to only sell Shaqiri and loan Harry Wilson.

Anyway overall Liverpool have very cautious with their money and think it would be a luxury to get another high paid player during this covid crisis.

They might bargain hunt near the end of the windows but most likely the same players minus Lallana, Shaqiri and possibly Lovren.

One purchase that is definetely on the card is another left back to backup Robertson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad