Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hopefully he'll some cup games early on and Pep will improve his distribution. Was hoping he'd go out on loan again. Who knows, we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully Horvath leaves. I was pissed when Brugge brought in Mignolet when Horvath was more than capable as a starter.

I was hoping he'd go out on loan, as well, but realistically, Steffen would probably get 10-15 games per season, if not beat out Ederson. Ederson is prone to getting injured and prone to getting red cards. What happens if Pep leaves? Many suspect he'll leave after one more season. Ederson is a big favorite of Guardiola. Ederson might leave himself if Man City has a Champions League ban. Worst case scenario, Steffen is sold to some mid/lower table Premier League team in three years where he can start for five years, and serve as the US #1 through the 2026 World Cup. Best case scenario, he beats out Ederson within the next season or two and is the starter for one of the best teams in the world.

I think the upside with this type of decision is higher. Sure, he could probably be a starter at Schalke or Everton or somewhere like that for 6-8 years without his position being under threat, but this decision has more upside. The only worry would be his form for the National Team if he's not playing regularly. I don't remember if we've ever had a starting keeper who was a back up at their club. I'm pretty sure all our top keepers over the years, Howard, Friedel, Keller were starters pretty much their whole careers, maybe aside from a season here or there.

I'm not that high on Horvath. He's been really shaky since he moved from Norway. Even at Brugge when he wasn't playing that bad, he made everything look so difficult. I don't think he's anywhere near as talented as Steffen either. But it'll definitely help us out to even have like a lower-half of the table starter in Germany, England, Italy, Spain if Steffen is at Man City, and might not be playing that often. We need a Guzan-Howard dynamic here between Horvath and Steffen. There might be some important games where Horvath is needed.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not sure I like this as a USA fan, but Man City now has an excellent back up keeper.

News on the USA's other good young keeper. He got such a raw deal at Brugge. Was their starter, and they brought in Mignolet at the end of the transfer window without letting him leave. Made him wait a full year sitting on the bench at an age he's entering his prime.

Went to the rival high school of Horvath and played against him like twice growing up. He's a really really good talent but(at least at the time) was a bit of a mental midget. Definitely let some goals really affect his game. But I really hope he can make it work because he's got some solid potential.

Reactions: Cassano

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Don't have much to add to that. Horvath let in some weird goals early at Brugge and never really recovered from that. He's very shaky, mentally, you always had the feeling when he made a save, he was actually relieved he had made it instead of just trusting his own abilities. Among the fans, nobody feels confident anymore when Horvath is in goal just because he always looks so nervous. I don't know what the future holds for him, but he needs a fresh start in a place where nobody knows him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not sure I like this as a USA fan, but Man City now has an excellent back up keeper.

News on the USA's other good young keeper. He got such a raw deal at Brugge. Was their starter, and they brought in Mignolet at the end of the transfer window without letting him leave. Made him wait a full year sitting on the bench at an age he's entering his prime.

Steffen will be the starter at City by the end of next season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Don't have much to add to that. Horvath let in some weird goals early at Brugge and never really recovered from that. He's very shaky, mentally, you always had the feeling when he made a save, he was actually relieved he had made it instead of just trusting his own abilities. Among the fans, nobody feels confident anymore when Horvath is in goal just because he always looks so nervous. I don't know what the future holds for him, but he needs a fresh start in a place where nobody knows him.
From my experience with Horvath he was almost unbeatable until someone scored, and then the rest of that game was kind of a mystery as you never knew if he was going to bounce back. It's a lot easier to get away with that in youth games than the pro level though. Sucks that he has never really grown out of that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'd take a chance on Guendouzi. I highly doubt he can be any worse than Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi and Ramsey. The reason I say Ramsey too is not due to talent but due to the fact he's always injured.
Sounds like Arsenal is looking for a swap deal for a midfielder or CB within that 40 to 60 million range, I am not sure Juve has any of those players they're willing to trade.
Wouldn't mind a flyer on this guy. Vidal and Rakitic need to go ASAP if he comes though
Guendouzi for Fati. Deal. :nod::nod::nod:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sounds like Arsenal is looking for a swap deal for a midfielder or CB within that 40 to 60 million range, I am not sure Juve has any of those players they're willing to trade.
Guendouzi for Fati. Deal. :nod::nod::nod:
Demiral and Guendouzi?

Reactions: S E P H

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This has just occured to me. Utd want a left footed CB. There was a bid that was just submitted to Lille from a PL team for Gabriel. Gabriel is left footed. Utd have a shit ton of money. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN.

Reactions: Venkman

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This has just occured to me. Utd want a left footed CB. There was a bid that was just submitted to Lille from a PL team for Gabriel. Gabriel is left footed. Utd have a shit ton of money. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN.
United or Chelsea seem the safe bets IMO.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I think Gabriel or Ake make a lot of sense.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Sancho's sold, I'd much prefer Joelson than Ferran. Our winger could be unplayable in a few years between Joelson and Reyna.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Umtiti and Dembele apparently available but the club fears they won't be able to offload them due to injuries. Reading the Guendouzi rumors the other day an Umtiti - Guendouzi swap immediately came to mind. Of course again I'd rather see us deal with Napoli, RB Leipzig or even BVB if they're willing.
  • ESPN saying that Liverpool aren't after Thiago.
  • Apparently Barça have won the race to sign Rayo's Fabian Luzzi. I say apparently because I've seen this sort of thing before only to see another club come in the for the player. Anyway, he's this years Asensio or Pedri if you will from a transfer perspective.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
  • Umtiti and Dembele apparently available but the club fears they won't be able to offload them due to injuries. Reading the Guendouzi rumors the other day an Umtiti - Guendouzi swap immediately came to mind. Of course again I'd rather see us deal with Napoli, RB Leipzig or even BVB if they're willing.
  • ESPN saying that Liverpool aren't after Thiago.
  • Apparently Barça have won the race to sign Rayo's Fabian Luzzi. I say apparently because I've seen this sort of thing before only to see another club come in the for the player. Anyway, he's this years Asensio or Pedri if you will from a transfer perspective.
Klopp has been a long time admirer of Dembele... any idea what is the price or is it a loan to buy?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I was thinking more of a Coutinho-Guendouzi deal.

I think Umtiti’s value is shot at the moment with his knee issues.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I was thinking more of a Coutinho-Guendouzi deal.

I think Umtiti’s value is shot at the moment with his knee issues.

I don't think Arsenal can or will be willing to pay Coutinhos insane wages (and I don't see why he would want to take a drastic pay cut to make it happen)....

I could see a Guendouzi - Tolisso type of swap with a bit of cash heading Arsenals way...

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't think Arsenal can or will be willing to pay Coutinhos insane wages (and I don't see why he would want to take a drastic pay cut to make it happen)....

I could see a Guendouzi - Tolisso type of swap with a bit of cash heading Arsenals way...
Just looked at his wage and yep. They can’t afford him unless he takes half the wages.

Tolisso would be nice, but I think he was linked with Utd and Inter this summer. I imagine those clubs are more appealing to him.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Juve now in on the Dest sweepstakes.

Nice, we need a real RB. We had to convert Cuads to RB because the two RB's we have are always injured and they also both suck. Danillo has to be the biggest scam artist of all-time. He managed to scam his way onto top teams posing a football player. I knew trading Cancelo for him would be a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad