Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Morata was *awful* for Chelsea. He's probably worth that if he's in form, but the fact they got that much with how bad he had been was a great piece of business.
He scored the odd goal, but outside of that was a black hole on the field. Couldn't defend, struggled to make plays with our wingers or midfielders, was completely outclassed by defenders, etc.

I don't really care if he does fantastic for Atletico, that would be great for them, but he wasn't working here.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Even Morata in form isn't worth that, just as he wasn't worth it when Chelsea bought him. He was bought on the idea that his production in a rotational/super-sub role would transaction to being a full-time starter, and it really didn't, not to the level that was expected.
He was also billed as a striker that wouldn't score at a high rate but would be able to make great plays with Hazard, Willian, Pedro, etc. and he was completely useless at that. Giroud is just a better player in every way, and we'd never get £50m for him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Hard not to have your head turned when Barca come calling. But he should take a look at some of the players who went there from Arsenal and career stagnated as a result of not being good enough to feature in enough games.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He was terrible for us and we managed to sell him for way more than I thought we could, that's all that really matters here. He didn't even play anything like he was billed from experts or posters here, it was a massive disappointment.
I can't remember anyone thinking anything else than "LOL, Chelsea got robbed".

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Hard not to have your head turned when Barca come calling. But he should take a look at some of the players who went there from Arsenal and career stagnated as a result of not being good enough to feature in enough games.

Problem isn't if he's good enough. Problem is that Barca's midfield is a mess right now between oldies that should go (Vidal, Rakitic, Pjanic who's just arrived) and youngsters that don't play enough (Puig, De Jong). And they'll have to play Pjanic obviously. That's not even counting Roberto.
And then, he has to get his head straight too, no matter where he goes.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I can't remember anyone thinking anything else than "LOL, Chelsea got robbed".
I wasn't talking about price point, general consensus was we overpaid, but that we would still be a decent player. He wasn't anything like the player described from Real Madrid though.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I'd take a chance on Guendouzi. I highly doubt he can be any worse than Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi and Ramsey. The reason I say Ramsey too is not due to talent but due to the fact he's always injured.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'd take a chance on Guendouzi. I highly doubt he can be any worse than Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi and Ramsey. The reason I say Ramsey too is not due to talent but due to the fact he's always injured.

Juve doesn't pay for midfielders though.

Reactions: Juve

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Wouldn't mind a flyer on this guy. Vidal and Rakitic need to go ASAP if he comes though

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not sure I like this as a USA fan, but Man City now has an excellent back up keeper.

News on the USA's other good young keeper. He got such a raw deal at Brugge. Was their starter, and they brought in Mignolet at the end of the transfer window without letting him leave. Made him wait a full year sitting on the bench at an age he's entering his prime.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Not sure I like this as a USA fan, but Man City now has an excellent back up keeper.

News on the USA's other good young keeper. He got such a raw deal at Brugge. Was their starter, and they brought in Mignolet at the end of the transfer window without letting him leave. Made him wait a full year sitting on the bench at an age he's entering his prime.

Ederson is suspect, a run of bad form and he may be City's starter sooner than you think.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Problem isn't if he's good enough. Problem is that Barca's midfield is a mess right now between oldies that should go (Vidal, Rakitic, Pjanic who's just arrived) and youngsters that don't play enough (Puig, De Jong). And they'll have to play Pjanic obviously. That's not even counting Roberto.
And then, he has to get his head straight too, no matter where he goes.

Problem is 40 million which Barça wouldn't spend even if they had the money.

Wouldn't mind a flyer on this guy. Vidal and Rakitic need to go ASAP if he comes though

Well 40 million isn't a flyer. We could offer Umtiti in exchange, but I'd rather look elsewhere. A couple of clubs I'd like to see us deal with, but hard to do with swap deals. Arsenal isn't one of them.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
even getting a preseason to train with Pep should be good for Steffen. Wasnt impressed with his distribution at all with the USA. Pep should at least improve that.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Hopefully he'll some cup games early on and Pep will improve his distribution. Was hoping he'd go out on loan again. Who knows, we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully Horvath leaves. I was pissed when Brugge brought in Mignolet when Horvath was more than capable as a starter.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He was terrible for us and we managed to sell him for way more than I thought we could, that's all that really matters here. He didn't even play anything like he was billed from experts or posters here, it was a massive disappointment.
3 things missing... their respective salaries, agent fees and more importantly the signing fees. All were apparently massive for Werner.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think “midfielder who happens to be a GK” is a little overboard, but yea at stopping shots Steffen is definitely better than Ederson.

Ederson also isn’t venturing out and playing where he is on his own. Pep clearly wants him to play that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad