Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And Barcelona is hundreds of millions of dollars in debt. The player doesn’t even want to play for Barcelona, if he was to transfer at some point. There’s a near zero chance he transfers to Barcelona. This is just a show of force for Barcelona to act like they’re still a power.
So he’s wasting his dad time for fun? I guess we should thank raiola for doing us a favour. Lol

At least we aren’t near bankruptcy.

Not to turn this into a pissing contest but f*** would I care if my team is in debt as long as they keep winning and sign players?

I’m no accountant no cheer for a money making entity.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So he’s wasting his dad time for fun? I guess we should thank raiola for doing us a favour. Lol

Not to turn this into a pissing contest but f*** would I care if my team is in debt as long as they keep winning and sign players?

I’m no accountant no cheer for a money making entity.

Not to turn this into a pissing contest, but I’m going to compare a club to Arsenal.

Let’s say hypothetically that Haaland wanted to go to Barcelona and demanded a transfer, do you not think it matters that a club is so far in debt? To begin with, I’m sure the ask would be all or nearly all upfront money. No ones trusting Barcelona to pay them back. Even if the government bails them out, the ask is still going to be money upfront. Is a bank willing to loan nearly a full transfer fee this summer for what would probably be the most or second most expensive transfer ever?

If you add up all the factors, how likely do you think a transfer of Haaland to Barcelona is? Put a percentage on it. I did. We’ll see who ends up being right.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't know his exact contract, but I imagine the fee the agent would snag this summer would be higher than next. Less contract means less fee. Additionally, you have a lot of clubs who want his services, and a demand for them. City alone will drive up the cost. You could make the argument that there are two or three other clubs who have a specific demand to up the transfer fee (Liverpool, Barca and Real all have a specific need for a striker, and might have some money depending on who you ask).

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Oh and Arsenal's huge "international" brand.

Ha, that's kinda funny.

Both sides (Dortmund / Arsenal) will sell if it comes down to it. Neither is winning that pissing match. But Dortmund has done more on the European stage, and right now, they are a more attractive option.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not to turn this into a pissing contest, but I’m going to compare a club to Arsenal.

Let’s say hypothetically that Haaland wanted to go to Barcelona and demanded a transfer, do you not think it matters that a club is so far in debt? To begin with, I’m sure the ask would be all or nearly all upfront money. No ones trusting Barcelona to pay them back. Even if the government bails them out, the ask is still going to be money upfront. Is a bank willing to loan nearly a full transfer fee this summer for what would probably be the most or second most expensive transfer ever?

If you add up all the factors, how likely do you think a transfer of Haaland to Barcelona is? Put a percentage on it. I did. We’ll see who ends up being right.
The operative word is “keep signing” players. I have never said he’s going to barca. I can not tell the future and I don’t know how “likely” it is. In normal circumstances it’s hard enough to get a big name player when it becomes a bidding war. Add it all the other factors. No one should be thinking in absolute terms of where he’s going.

I’ll put a percentage on him leaving 100% and you can take that to the bank. He will leave ... at some point.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
0E741289-36BF-465F-BC5C-3042823C40F9.jpeg

He loves it in Dortmund and wants to play his full career here

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, is Sancho the main guy who didn't go when everyone came calling? I think even for him, there's some debate as to how hard United / others were bidding.

I think from what it looks like, there will be serious bids lodged this summer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean, is Sancho the main guy who didn't go when everyone came calling? I think even for him, there's some debate as to how hard United / others were bidding.

I think from what it looks like, there will be serious bids lodged this summer.
Sancho will leave too... at some point.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If my club had, within the past two decades, only been salvaged from bankruptcy by a loan from our arch-rival, I would probably not try and dunk on other clubs for being proximate to bankruptcy

Schalke is our arch-rival. I didn't try to dunk on him. I'm only responding back to his initial insult. If you try to insult another team, why don't you deserve to have it right back at you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad