Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What's even stupider is they characterize my opinion as this. If I fight back against this blatant disrespect of my club with reason, they characterize my opinion as saying players will 100% stay. I already gave my opinion on the chances he would stay, and I didn't say it was 100%. I said I think there's about an 80% chance Haaland stays. How could anyone know if a player will stay or go? None of us work at these clubs, so we are all guessing, and no one should be sure.

I'm tired of this crap where they blatantly disrespect Dortmund every few weeks, and unsettle our club, something the players have admitted to, with these nonstop transfer rumors of our players. They treat us with no respect. To the media and to other football fans, our players can be their's, as long as they offer enough money.

You see it in some of the responses in this thread. Their defense to constantly discussing transfers for our players, which these players haven't asked for, is that they'll leave eventually. Why should we have to deal with this constantly? Do other perennial top 15 clubs in the world have all the discussion about their club from the outside as transfer rumors fueled entirely by outside sources? It's completely disrespectful. To us, all we are good for is the players we can provide 5-6 slightly more historically prestigious clubs. Our team's performances and our player's performance is never a topic of discussion for them. They don't care about any of that. To them, it's always how can we service other clubs.

No one has suggested that Haaland or any Dortmund player will stay at the club their whole career, but then again, why don't they want to discuss whether Nico Schulz will be a Dortmund player his whole career? The answer is obvious. He's of no use to these people. He's not going to service these 5-6 slightly more historically prestigious clubs. Maybe Haaland or Sancho will leave eventually, but until our players ask for transfers, we are tired of dealing with this constant crap where it's constant transfer discussion of our players.

And look, I wouldn't give me too much credit about Sancho. I said I didn't know what would happen. I never said I was sure of anything, but the arrogance you see from these people and their lack of respect for Borussia Dortmund makes me look better. Those on the outside don't have educated opinions on if Borussia Dortmund will sell one of their players. They parrot the same things they read on twitter, other parts of the internet, and general football shows where the narrative is always that Dortmund is only of value in the world of football for the players they can provide other clubs, and their player's are always going to leave if another club offers up money.

As you have shown in some of your posts, their lack of knowledge is the issue here. Dortmund isn't the biggest club in Germany. It'd be easy to always link Dortmund players to Bayern, but this stuff is not coming from Germany anywhere near the degree it comes from England, Spain, and the general football public in other countries. Bayern isn't constantly talking about poaching Dortmund players, which you'd have to believe they'd do if we were to believe these people. Thats because there's a degree of respect for us from German media, fans of other German teams, clubs like Bayern Munich.

Most of these people who talk about this stuff don't watch the Bundesliga, don't watch Borussia Dortmund, so their only talking point about us is the transfer value and rumors of our players. It's completely disrespectful, and exposes their ignorance about our club. They don't have to be knowledgeable, but if they aren't going to be, they should STFU and stop discussing our players.
Because his high profile agent isn't flying around the world shopping him to other teams. Obviously the talent gap matters as well because Haaland will more desired by other clubs. But this is a transfer rumors thread, so when stuff like this happens people are going to talk about it.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ya I couldn’t get through all of that wall of nonsense. “ case close” no one talk about dortmund players. It hurts the feelings of the players and unsettles the club.

poor Pedri they say his confidence was shot when reports came out from hockey messenging board that he sucks and Konrad would be better.

What a cringe and obnoxious post.
I find it strange that speculation unsettles Dortmund players unfairly but we have regular speculation on all the great young players from other teams that they're in pursuit of. :huh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I find it strange that speculation unsettles Dortmund players unfairly but we have regular speculation on all the great young players from other teams that they're in pursuit of. :huh:
Don't forget all the youth players that BVB are rumored to go after. If it's bad to unsettle someone like Haaland it's just as bad to do it to 17 year olds and lesser clubs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Then again, it's the same poster who said players learn their football in the street and not in football academies. So really, BVB is just so nice taking these kids off the streets.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ya I couldn’t get through all of that wall of nonsense. “ case close” no one talk about dortmund players. It hurts the feelings of the players and unsettles the club.

poor Pedri they say his confidence was shot when reports came out from hockey messenging board that he sucks and Konrad would be better.

What a cringe and obnoxious post.

What’s more obnoxious is that you and other Barcelona fans have a complex where you can’t accept that someone doesn’t rate your team’s player, and you make all types of disingenuous arguments and constantly mention it.

Keep it up though. You’ll join the person you quoted on the list of post’s I don’t see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad