Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Must be a free meal. Pep said they can’t afford a striker
That’s not what he said.

what he said was at these prices we aren’t going to buy any strikers. At the beginning I told you we maybe sign a striker. I don’t know what will happen maybe we will.

basically saying these prices are insane. Could be posturing for the media.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Stop being hypocrites in here.

The same people dunking on the resident Dortmund fans are the same people that were dunking on him for believing that Sancho wouldn't leave. And it wasn't him that looked like a complete fool at the end of the transfer period.
Lot of English media and PL bias (and French in the case of Evilo) on here as well. Romano and all his other English friends were dead wrong on that one so be careful when they report about another Dortmund player.

I am pretty sure that Dortmund has no intention of selling Haaland right now. I also think it is more likely than not that he will play for Dortmund next season as long as they reach the Champions League.

But considering that they are in trouble and are probably more likely to miss than not, I would say right now it is more likely that Haaland leaves than not regardless of what Dortmund are saying. To just assume that he is staying because they said so at this point is also delusional.

Haaland lives for the CL and he simply is already too big of a star to remain in Dortmund if they are not playing in the CL. Not to mention that Raiola would probably declare full blown war and nobody would win in that instance.

Ultimately they won't be able to keep him (and Sancho is probably in the same boat) if they can't offer CL football. They will demand a kings ransom for him like they did with Dembele (and Sancho early in the summer last year) but I think in the case of Haaland they will get the 150m++ they will be asking for from someone and let him leave in the summer.

A lot also depends on how high the clause in 2022 really is (I've read 75m, I've read 100m and I think someone has suggested it might even be slightly higher). That changes the math by quite a lot. We also don't know if ( I think they do but we don't know for certain) his previous clubs (RB Salzburg and maybe even Molde) get a percentage of the fee. Because if Dortmund have to fork over say 20 % of the fee, selling early really doesn't sound all that appealing to me either unless I really have to...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So you're saying we're wrong but we're right.

Nah. You are usually dead wrong in your takes and this one is a bad one as well.

Haaland right now is completely up in the air and the most important factor when it comes to him leaving or not has a lot to do with Dortmund and how the rest of their season goes.

Believing he will 100% stay at Dortmund next season due to one media report is about as foolish as believing he is 100% gone no matter what or that Dortmund is 100% full of shit when they talk about planning on keeping him no matter what.

Nobody knows just yet how things shake out and I don't think anyone including Erling Haaland, Mino Raiola, Pep Guardiola or Michael Zorc has a good idea how this one will play out in the summer just yet.

I am pretty sure that Dortmund have no intention to sell at the moment so till we know how this season will play out, it actually is case closed for now I would say.

I personally believe that he is a goner if they don't qualify for the CL but more likely to stay than leave if they do make it...

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Nah. You are usually dead wrong in your takes and this one is a bad one as well.

Haaland right now is completely up in the air and the most important factor when it comes to him leaving or not has a lot to do with Dortmund and how the rest of their season goes.

Believing he will 100% stay at Dortmund next season due to one media report is about as foolish as believing he is 100% gone no matter what or that Dortmund is 100% full of shit when they talk about planning on keeping him no matter what.

Nobody knows just yet how things shake out and I don't think anyone including Erling Haaland, Mino Raiola, Pep Guardiola or Michael Zorc has a good idea how this one will play out in the summer just yet.

I am pretty sure that Dortmund have no intention to sell at the moment so till we know how this season will play out, it actually is case closed for now I would say.

I personally believe that he is a goner if they don't qualify for the CL but more likely to stay than leave if they do make it...

His f***ing agent is shopping him around the world and therefore posters on a TRANSFER RUMORS thread are discussing it.

“Dortmund don’t want to sell, case closed”

cool. Mino Raiola does. We will see how this plays out.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
His f***ing agent is shopping him around the world and therefore posters on a TRANSFER RUMORS thread are discussing it.

“Dortmund don’t want to sell, case closed”

cool. Mino Raiola does. We will see how this plays out.

I mean I 100% agree with that.

I was just calling out the people making fun of the Dortmund fan for insisting he 100% stays while insisting that this whole thing means that Haaland 100% leaves in the summer. Both takes are unreasonable and stupid.

Of course this will be a huge saga in the summer and we (as well as the parties included) really don't know how this will play out. And most importantly we don't even know about what IMO will be one of the if not the deciding factor: Will Dortmund qualify for the CL or not...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The issue isn’t that we know that he’s 100% moving. The issue is that we supposedly can’t discuss a Haaland/Sancho transfer because it’s 100% not happening despite all the smoke surrounding both players. Why not? Haaland is getting shopped all around Europe so clearly the chances he gets moved are pretty high even though it’s not a guarantee.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You all have to be familiar with his posts elsewhere on this site, right? It's not like HF Soccer is the only place he gets ridiculed/dunked on and it's 1,000,000% down to his own tempermant, tone, and attitude.

It just makes people want him to eat it.

Reactions: Jussi

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The issue isn’t that we know that he’s 100% moving. The issue is that we supposedly can’t discuss a Haaland/Sancho transfer because it’s 100% not happening despite all the smoke surrounding both players. Why not? Haaland is getting shopped all around Europe so clearly the chances he gets moved are pretty high even though it’s not a guarantee.

I mean its a thread on a message board about summer transfers.
If you want to discuss City selling Foden or Bayern selling Kimmich then you are free to do so. Nobody can stop you even if its not very realistic to say the least.

I was more commenting on the tone in general. I disagree with most of P_Bs takes (as I do with his general take on Haaland) but considering how wrong many of the same posters dunking on him right now were on Sancho, reading the condescension towards him felt hypocritical and wrong and made me want to call out some people..

I think discussing Haaland is perfectly fine. Decent chance he moves. Also decent chance he stays. Probably will be quite the saga. But everyone believing this is 100% a done deal that he is leaving and that anyone believing otherwise is stupid IMO should probably pump the brakes a bit and re-think whether its not them that is the delusional poster...
Because that reminds me a ton of how braindead many people have acted during the Sancho saga and it seems like many haven't really learned their lessons from it...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean its a thread on a message board about summer transfers.
If you want to discuss City selling Foden or Bayern selling Kimmich than you are free to do so. Nobody can stop you even if its not very realistic to say the least.

I was more commenting on the tone in general. I disagree with most of P_Bs takes (as I do with his general take on Haaland) but considering how wrong many of the same posters dunking on him right now were on Sancho, reading the condescension towards him was hypocritical and wrong and made me want to call out some people..

I think discussing Haaland is perfectly fine. Decent chance he moves. Also decent chance he stays. Probably will be quite the saga. But everyone believing this is 100% a done deal that he is leaving and that anyone believing otherwise is stupid IMO should probably pump the brakes a bit and re-think whether its not them that is the delusional poster...
Is it 100% that he leaves? No. But with the history of big players(outside of Sancho last summer) at BVB and Raiola being his manager all the smoke is pointing towards Haaland leaving for a huge sum of money this summer. If he wants to bury his head in the sand and believe that it’s a “done deal” that he’s staying that’s fine, but BVB’s history leads us to believe that isn’t the case.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm fine with saying you personally don't feel that he will go. Good, back your club, and your guy. But if it's me, I take the most I can get and see him out the door. Especially considering his old man and agent has been doing the Grand Tour of wine and dines. If a Liverpool's players pops and agent were doing that, I would sell them. Sure, for the right price, but they can kick rocks. The club deserves better than that (and I know that's how football is today, but it's a joke).

There's still stuff for Dortmund to play for this year... and you have your best player's agent and dad working the move for the summer? Yeah, that goes over real well in the dressing room.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Is it 100% that he leaves? No. But with the history of big players(outside of Sancho last summer) at BVB and Raiola being his manager all the smoke is pointing towards Haaland leaving for a huge sum of money this summer. If he wants to bury his head in the sand and believe that it’s a “done deal” that he’s staying that’s fine, but BVB’s history leads us to believe that isn’t the case.

Meh.
If you would actually take a closer look at their real history, it is more likely that he stays than that he leaves.
Dortmund has a reputation in the uninformed (generally English speaking )media that they don't really deserve. I thought Sancho last season might have changed the narrative a bit but apparantely it hasn't.

They are not Porto that love to cash in on their players at the highest value point.
In all reality they usually try to keep their top players for as long as it is possible and rarely try to maximize their economic potential before ultimately they cave into the economic realities of them not being a elite level club and selling their players (usually with very little term on their contracts left after they have refused extensions) at the latest point possible that they can justify economically.

I think you can take it to the bank that those reports (from tier 0 sources. basically the club themselves) can be taken at face value. They really don't want to sell.
Raiola might create enough drama (similar to Dembele who refused to show up before getting his move) to make them re-consider. Especially if they miss the CL and lose out on a ton of money due to it.

Regardless it will be quite the saga and if they reach the CL next season, my money is actually on him staying (while if they don't I am pretty convinced that he would leave for a 150m+ fee)..

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was just calling out the people making fun of the Dortmund fan for insisting he 100% stays while insisting that this whole thing means that Haaland 100% leaves in the summer. Both takes are unreasonable and stupid.

What's even stupider is they characterize my opinion as this. If I fight back against this blatant disrespect of my club with reason, they characterize my opinion as saying players will 100% stay. I already gave my opinion on the chances he would stay, and I didn't say it was 100%. I said I think there's about an 80% chance Haaland stays. How could anyone know if a player will stay or go? None of us work at these clubs, so we are all guessing, and no one should be sure.

I'm tired of this crap where they blatantly disrespect Dortmund every few weeks, and unsettle our club, something the players have admitted to, with these nonstop transfer rumors of our players. They treat us with no respect. To the media and to other football fans, our players can be their's, as long as they offer enough money.

You see it in some of the responses in this thread. Their defense to constantly discussing transfers for our players, which these players haven't asked for, is that they'll leave eventually. Why should we have to deal with this constantly? Do other perennial top 15 clubs in the world have all the discussion about their club from the outside as transfer rumors fueled entirely by outside sources? It's completely disrespectful. To us, all we are good for is the players we can provide 5-6 slightly more historically prestigious clubs. Our team's performances and our player's performance is never a topic of discussion for them. They don't care about any of that. To them, it's always how can we service other clubs.

No one has suggested that Haaland or any Dortmund player will stay at the club their whole career, but then again, why don't they want to discuss whether Nico Schulz will be a Dortmund player his whole career? The answer is obvious. He's of no use to these people. He's not going to service these 5-6 slightly more historically prestigious clubs. Maybe Haaland or Sancho will leave eventually, but until our players ask for transfers, we are tired of dealing with this constant crap where it's constant transfer discussion of our players.

And look, I wouldn't give me too much credit about Sancho. I said I didn't know what would happen. I never said I was sure of anything, but the arrogance you see from these people and their lack of respect for Borussia Dortmund makes me look better. Those on the outside don't have educated opinions on if Borussia Dortmund will sell one of their players. They parrot the same things they read on twitter, other parts of the internet, and general football shows where the narrative is always that Dortmund is only of value in the world of football for the players they can provide other clubs, and their player's are always going to leave if another club offers up money.

As you have shown in some of your posts, their lack of knowledge is the issue here. Dortmund isn't the biggest club in Germany. It'd be easy to always link Dortmund players to Bayern, but this stuff is not coming from Germany anywhere near the degree it comes from England, Spain, and the general football public in other countries. Bayern isn't constantly talking about poaching Dortmund players, which you'd have to believe they'd do if we were to believe these people. Thats because there's a degree of respect for us from German media, fans of other German teams, clubs like Bayern Munich.

Most of these people who talk about this stuff don't watch the Bundesliga, don't watch Borussia Dortmund, so their only talking point about us is the transfer value and rumors of our players. It's completely disrespectful, and exposes their ignorance about our club. They don't have to be knowledgeable, but if they aren't going to be, they should STFU and stop discussing our players.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Let's all be honest here.

You don't have a clue about our history. You don't watch us play regularly. You don't know the intricacies of our players or our team.

You repeat the things you hear in other places that got you into trouble last summer. And your justification for repeating these ignorant and disrespectful narratives you hear elsewhere is that there's some degree of chance it becomes relevant.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ya I couldn’t get through all of that wall of nonsense. “ case close” no one talk about dortmund players. It hurts the feelings of the players and unsettles the club.

poor Pedri they say his confidence was shot when reports came out from hockey messenging board that he sucks and Konrad would be better.

What a cringe and obnoxious post.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

So we believe he's got a good chance of leaving, you end up saying you think he's gone, but somehow, we're wrong.

Talk about bad takes :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean I 100% agree with that.

Of course this will be a huge saga in the summer and we (as well as the parties included) really don't know how this will play out. And most importantly we don't even know about what IMO will be one of the if not the deciding factor: Will Dortmund qualify for the CL or not...
Who in this thread said anything like this?
At some point you should stop trying to burst through open doors.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What's even stupider is they characterize my opinion as this. If I fight back against this blatant disrespect of my club with reason, they characterize my opinion as saying players will 100% stay. I already gave my opinion on the chances he would stay, and I didn't say it was 100%. I said I think there's about an 80% chance Haaland stays. How could anyone know if a player will stay or go? None of us work at these clubs, so we are all guessing, and no one should be sure.

I'm tired of this crap where they blatantly disrespect Dortmund every few weeks, and unsettle our club, something the players have admitted to, with these nonstop transfer rumors of our players. They treat us with no respect. To the media and to other football fans, our players can be their's, as long as they offer enough money.

You see it in some of the responses in this thread. Their defense to constantly discussing transfers for our players, which these players haven't asked for, is that they'll leave eventually. Why should we have to deal with this constantly? Do other perennial top 15 clubs in the world have all the discussion about their club from the outside as transfer rumors fueled entirely by outside sources? It's completely disrespectful. To us, all we are good for is the players we can provide 5-6 slightly more historically prestigious clubs. Our team's performances and our player's performance is never a topic of discussion for them. They don't care about any of that. To them, it's always how can we service other clubs.

No one has suggested that Haaland or any Dortmund player will stay at the club their whole career, but then again, why don't they want to discuss whether Nico Schulz will be a Dortmund player his whole career? The answer is obvious. He's of no use to these people. He's not going to service these 5-6 slightly more historically prestigious clubs. Maybe Haaland or Sancho will leave eventually, but until our players ask for transfers, we are tired of dealing with this constant crap where it's constant transfer discussion of our players.

And look, I wouldn't give me too much credit about Sancho. I said I didn't know what would happen. I never said I was sure of anything, but the arrogance you see from these people and their lack of respect for Borussia Dortmund makes me look better. Those on the outside don't have educated opinions on if Borussia Dortmund will sell one of their players. They parrot the same things they read on twitter, other parts of the internet, and general football shows where the narrative is always that Dortmund is only of value in the world of football for the players they can provide other clubs, and their player's are always going to leave if another club offers up money.

As you have shown in some of your posts, their lack of knowledge is the issue here. Dortmund isn't the biggest club in Germany. It'd be easy to always link Dortmund players to Bayern, but this stuff is not coming from Germany anywhere near the degree it comes from England, Spain, and the general football public in other countries. Bayern isn't constantly talking about poaching Dortmund players, which you'd have to believe they'd do if we were to believe these people. Thats because there's a degree of respect for us from German media, fans of other German teams, clubs like Bayern Munich.

Most of these people who talk about this stuff don't watch the Bundesliga, don't watch Borussia Dortmund, so their only talking point about us is the transfer value and rumors of our players. It's completely disrespectful, and exposes their ignorance about our club. They don't have to be knowledgeable, but if they aren't going to be, they should STFU and stop discussing our players.
Case closed isn't 100%?
How idiotic is that?
And KNOWLEDGE? Really? Coming from a guy asking what Depay's position is?

Please LOL.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Who in this thread said anything like this?
At some point you should stop trying to burst through open doors.

upload_2021-4-2_14-44-28.gif

Just started this new show. Thanks to the footy break. People should watch it’s quite good.

Reactions: Jussi and Evilo

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Let's all be honest here.

You don't have a clue about our history. You don't watch us play regularly. You don't know the intricacies of our players or our team.

You repeat the things you hear in other places that got you into trouble last summer. And your justification for repeating these ignorant and disrespectful narratives you hear elsewhere is that there's some degree of chance it becomes relevant.
I mean Lewa, Gotze, Dembele, Mkhi, Auba, and Hummels all left to bigger teams or for more money. There's absolutely a history of the biggest players leaving BVB. I'm not saying that Haaland will 100% leave this summer, but when his agent is flying to the biggest teams in the world shopping him there is plenty of smoke to discuss about a potential transfer. Nothing about this situation is "case closed".

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean Lewa, Gotze, Dembele, Mkhi, Auba, and Hummels all left to bigger teams or for more money. There's absolutely a history of the biggest players leaving BVB. I'm not saying that Haaland will 100% leave this summer, but when his agent is flying to the biggest teams in the world shopping him there is plenty of smoke to discuss about a potential transfer. Nothing about this situation is "case closed".
Absolutely.
Case closed.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad