Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Pending on which oil money we are talking about, it's basically government money that's been appropriated, so, yeah, really no difference.

Though I don't want to get into the weeds on any moral or economic discussion.

I just find it crazy that a club who has no money, might magically discover enough to pull off the biggest transfer potentially of the window.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pending on which oil money we are talking about, it's basically government money that's been appropriated, so, yeah, really no difference.

Though I don't want to get into the weeds on any moral or economic discussion.

I just find it crazy that a club who has no money, might magically discover enough to pull off the biggest transfer potentially of the window.
I mean before they’re buying him you will see an exodus of players.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean before they’re buying him you will see an exodus of players.

Will we?

They're going to have to give away a lot of the players, or take a hefty loss. I don't really think they're raising much money selling some of those players for parts. Especially since, anyone worth much, they have to keep to get better.

The core question I have is if Messi isn't part of it, how in the world could they afford it? His wages alone are enough to tank any budget if revenues aren't there.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Here we go soon

Can we point out how fake this guy is?

He’s right a lot, but he acts as if he’s Football’s Bob McKenzie. He has numerous high profile blunders, usually because most of his sources are high profile clubs in Spain, Italy, England, and agents. You can tell that when a transfer situation is not straight forward or it’s involving smaller clubs, maybe in countries he doesn’t have sources, he tends to report something as done that’s not and then he has to walk back what he said.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Will we?

They're going to have to give away a lot of the players, or take a hefty loss. I don't really think they're raising much money selling some of those players for parts. Especially since, anyone worth much, they have to keep to get better.

The core question I have is if Messi isn't part of it, how in the world could they afford it? His wages alone are enough to tank any budget if revenues aren't there.
Well yes, players will be sold that is a certainty imo. The wages alone is worth it. Luckily all the players rumoured to go are none worth keeping to get better.

well unless you’re an accountant that works out of the camp nou we don’t have any info on what you are referring to. Plus what Messi brings is far out weighs his wages. Which will be restructured soon.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
"case closed". CASE CLOSED.

Oh my, this never gets old :laugh:
It will be closed the moment he is sold. Nothing will stop rumors. Certainly not Raiola.

If Dortmund don't sell which I already pointed out as a possibility will see a disgruntled Haaland and probably around €100M in loss of money from the current selling value and next year release clause. Which for club like Dortmund is not petty change.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I already warned Barca fans. Worry about keeping your own players.

You should relax tbh. The player is going to leave at some point this window or the ones coming. His father and agent were with the barca executives and president. What do you expect to happen on a message board?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Can we point out how fake this guy is?

He’s right a lot, but he acts as if he’s Football’s Bob McKenzie. He has numerous high profile blunders, usually because most of his sources are high profile clubs in Spain, Italy, England, and agents. You can tell that when a transfer situation is not straight forward or it’s involving smaller clubs, maybe in countries he doesn’t have sources, he tends to report something as done that’s not and then he has to walk back what he said.
What did he say is wrong today? He’s only reporting that Halaands father and agent are in barca talking about a move. We also have a video of this sooo

Reactions: Jussi

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What did he say is wrong today? He’s only reporting that Halaands father and agent are in barca talking about a move. We also have a video of this sooo

There is no race. It’s not open. Case closed, as I said. Or I guess Dortmund’s interests are irrelevant to this guy. He’s a puppet of the interests I mentioned, not an all-encompassing McKenzie type of insider.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
There is no race. It’s not open. Case closed, as I said. Or I guess Dortmund’s interests are irrelevant to this guy. He’s a puppet of the interests I mentioned, not an all-encompassing McKenzie type of insider.

You need to learn about the concept of "leverage".

Of course the club will say they won't sell. Especially if they expect a bidding war between all the giants.

Dortmund is a feeder-club, the sooner you accept that, the better you will feel. They may have sporting ambitions, but they do not have the brand power nor the money to be one of the giants. What can they offer Haaland to make him stay? "We want to keep you" is not enough.

Reactions: Moncherry

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Come now. They didn't let Sancho go, so every other player will be the same.

I don't think it's a 100% he goes this summer, but if City show up and offer enough money, he will move and Dortmund will be happy for it. However, they would be stupid to say "Oh, come get our players... we are happy if they leave"

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I don't think it's a 100% he goes this summer, but if City show up and offer enough money, he will move and Dortmund will be happy for it. However, they would be stupid to say "Oh, come get our players... we are happy if they leave"
I mean they’re basically arsenal. They players leaving is a matter of when not if

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not entirely false.

However, Arsenal is Arsenal (they have a huge international brand) AND they are in London.

Of course, as long as they are not a threat to compete in the CL, that'll be moot.
I don’t mean it a slight on either team but just look at historically can either team keep their players? There is a revolving door for a reason. Doesn’t mean they’re bad teams or even small teams but it is what it is. Some have $ and some don’t.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You need to learn about the concept of "leverage".

Of course the club will say they won't sell. Especially if they expect a bidding war between all the giants.

Dortmund is a feeder-club, the sooner you accept that, the better you will feel. They may have sporting ambitions, but they do not have the brand power nor the money to be one of the giants. What can they offer Haaland to make him stay? "We want to keep you" is not enough.

And Barcelona is hundreds of millions of dollars in debt. The player doesn’t even want to play for Barcelona, if he was to transfer at some point. There’s a near zero chance he transfers to Barcelona. This is just a show of force for Barcelona to act like they’re still a power.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

It’s probably less than 20% that he leaves. That would require Dortmund not qualifying for the UCL, and someone meeting the asking price that maybe they invoke. They might also decide to keep him with any amount offered. They claim he’s not leaving. In total, it’s very unlikely, considering what Dortmund says or any of the other factors. No one reputable has suggested a move is likely.

The fat agent can rummage around all he wants. He’s not in charge. And I’m not even convinced it’s in his interests that Haaland leaves this summer. He’d get a bigger commission down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad