Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Alisson for MATS swap. Let’s go.

Nope, and Ter Stegen just renewed so he's not going anywhere. Anyway, even in jest I'd be wary of making such a comment with your fellow supporters lurking on this site.

Coutinho and Griezmann in particular are on massive wages. Griezmann is still very good but only a handful of teams can afford him even with a slight wage reduction. Obviously Suarez is older so you weren't going to get a big fee for him anyways but that's also why they let him go for nothing. Easier said than done trying to get guys making 350k and 400k to take pay cuts to sign for a new club.

Exactly. That's why I'd be looking to do lopsided "swap" deals where what the clubs that get them are more able to absorb their wages because they didn't pay a transfer fee. That's why all the clubs I outlined above are all big clubs. And in one of the cases we'd be taking on pretty big wage in return, but the wages we'd be shedding would be far more.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Laporta got asked about possible big signings and he said:
"If I have to improve the team I have all cards prepared"

We will see

The right signings are one thing, but the sales will be equally important. And I'm not referring to what we get but rather just clearing out plenty of players. What's most important though, getting the right manager.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Alisson for MATS swap. Let’s go.

why would barca give up the best for 3rd best? Barca are done bending over to LFC

Coutinho and Griezmann in particular are on massive wages. Griezmann is still very good but only a handful of teams can afford him even with a slight wage reduction. Obviously Suarez is older so you weren't going to get a big fee for him anyways but that's also why they let him go for nothing. Easier said than done trying to get guys making 350k and 400k to take pay cuts to sign for a new club.

suarez was sold for 11 million half on variables. Semedo was sold for 35 million. Someone will take Greizzy for sure.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The right signings are one thing, but the sales will be equally important. And I'm not referring to what we get but rather just clearing out plenty of players. What's most important though, getting the right manager.
He’s making a lot of noise about halaand. But I agree the right coach is more important.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
why would barca give up the best for 3rd best? Barca are done bending over to LFC

suarez was sold for 11 million half on variables. Semedo was sold for 35 million. Someone will take Greizzy for sure.

Because Liverpool would be offering Allison, Thiago and 150 million for Ter Stegen and Coutinho.

The catch with Suarez was that he took a pay cut with Atleti if I'm not mistaken. Griezmann and Coutinho are on massive wages and in pretty much every case those would need to be offset. We need some rich oligarch or along those lines to spend big on a Premiership club.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nope, and Ter Stegen just renewed so he's not going anywhere. Anyway, even in jest I'd be wary of making such a comment with your fellow supporters lurking on this site.
We are a weird bunch

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because Liverpool would be offering Allison, Thiago and 150 million for Ter Stegen and Coutinho.

The catch with Suarez was that he took a pay cut with Atleti if I'm not mistaken. Griezmann and Coutinho are on massive wages and in pretty much every case those would need to be offset. We need some rich oligarch or along those lines to spend big on a Premiership club.
You know, if you took the money out, I would think about it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Future captain tbh. Ride the wave once you get fans back in stands things will get back to normal. We can’t sell our best players and one of the best in the position. This isn’t arsenal :)

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm a little confused, since these release clauses are supposedly private from the public, are they private from other teams too (does it depend on country or league as well)?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm a little confused, since these release clauses are supposedly private from the public, are they private from other teams too (does it depend on country or league as well)?

Theoretically they’re private from everyone not involved in the contract. They almost always leak though because the media/fans have a huge demand to know and there’s enough people internally who have access to the contract.

Reactions: S E P H

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BVB up to the same old crap that Leipzig and them do all the time.
Unbalance 15 year old kid (sometimes way younger) by giving them huge checks to move far from their family, their country and their language.

Anyway, Coulibaly had a very important injury and might not ever be the same.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Unbalance 15 year old kid (sometimes way younger) by giving them huge checks to move far from their family, their country and their language.

Also, for example what is Kouassi doing at Bayern, certainly not playing. And now they're buying at least Upamecano. Wasted year for him, would have been better off staying in France, somewhere else than PSG obviously.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also, for example what is Kouassi doing at Bayern, certainly not playing. And now they're buying at least Upamecano. Wasted year for him, would have been better off staying in France, somewhere else than PSG obviously.
And to be honest, he did get some times at PSG, over Diallo and Kehrer (when played at CB). He can play DM too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Didn't Barca do the same with Messi?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn't Barca do the same with Messi?
Yes and Arsenal witu multiple players too.
Difference here is the sheer number of players who are approached by BVB and Leipzig and the age too. Rather than wait for those players to be 16, 11 years old are being scouted and money is shown to them. Money that could change their life and their family's.
But sometimes only short term.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Joining the RB system has worked out pretty well for the french kids that Leipzig has brought, unlike their young german buys lol...*sigh*

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Joining the RB system has worked out pretty well for the french kids that Leipzig has brought, unlike their young german buys lol...*sigh*
Who knows?
Several youngsters have been bothered by the german offers.
Which has succeeded in Leipzig exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad