Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The move to a double pivot benefited Rodri the most. He is getting a ton of minutes because Fernandinho has been out all season. He’s been good but he still isn’t in like undroppable category either. He’s definitely improved though.
... And how would you explain last season?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Rodri is good, I have not been very impressed with him on my viewings at City, though.

I would take Fabinho and Hojbjerg before him... I don't think Thomas is better than Rodri.
Thomas is clearly ahead of Højbjerg? You don’t think so? Wow

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rodri is good, I have not been very impressed with him on my viewings at City, though.

I would take Fabinho and Hojbjerg before him... I don't think Thomas is better than Rodri.
The team was pretty bad for 18 months. He's had absolute clowns at the back end too. Fab is better yes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He’s getting a ton of minutes because Fernandinho is out. Yet he had one of the most appearances on the team last season to? How is he not in the undroppable category for pep?
Last season; there was very heavy rotation from Pep. Do you have data on how many were starts vs how many subbed on? KDB was really the only one playing weekly if memory serves. Gundogan and Bernardo weren’t getting the minutes they are getting this season either but still made a lot of appearances. Pep definitely wanted his record signing getting some burn though. He played but I don’t know anyone that thought he was a great fit in that 433 that Pep ran last season(and years prior)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Last season; there was very heavy rotation from Pep. Do you have data on how many were starts vs how many subbed on? KDB was really the only one playing weekly if memory serves. Gundogan and Bernardo weren’t getting the minutes they are getting this season either but still made a lot of appearances. Pep definitely wanted his record signing getting some burn though. He played but I don’t know anyone that thought he was a great fit in that 433 that Pep ran last season(and years prior)
He started 29 league games. He is and was an undisputed starter for City. Pep had no issues with benching signings before why would he play Rodri for the hell of it. Rodri is tailor made for Pep's style its why City dropped a boat load after just one season with Atelti. Take it in 3 seasons ago Rodri was playing for VIllareal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He started 29 league games. He is and was an undisputed starter for City. Pep had no issues with benching signings before why would he play Rodri for the hell of it. Rodri is tailor made for Pep's style its why City dropped a boat load after just one season with Atelti. Take it in 3 seasons ago Rodri was playing for VIllareal.
Not playing him for the hell of it. Just took sometime to develop him. He is better this season as a result

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not playing him for the hell of it. Just took sometime to develop him. He is better this season as a result
Develop him or Rodri just adjusting to the league while his team was pretty poor around him? Rodri was starting on one of the best teams in the world before he moved to city.

next year when Kai is running around defenders will we say Tuchel developed him?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Develop him or Rodri just adjusting to the league while his team was pretty poor around him? Rodri was starting on one of the best teams in the world before he moved to city.

next year when Kai is running around defenders will we say Tuchel developed him?
I don’t think the too things are mutually exclusive in your first sentence. Wasn’t my intention to convey that anyway. I mean it took Fabinho half a year to adjust to the PL too but the talent was there. Same with Rodri.

Obviously Lampard will get the credit for Kai. Duh.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
City should sign Haaland. Got a superstar for at least a decade.

As has already been pointed out many times, Haaland has to want leave and his club has to want to sell. Both are unlikely for this summer.

However, I'll add that City are exactly the type of team he wouldn't fit that well at. His game is based on playing on the counter. His worst games are when teams bunker. He needs space to operate to his maximum effectiveness. I think Guardiola could improve his game, but City's current style of football doesn't suit his current style of football. Real Madrid is the team that suits his style the best.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I don't think Perez is doing anyone any favors if he plans on Alaba replacing Ramos. IMO that a horrible idea.

I am still not sold on him as a CB longterm on the very highest level and having to replace Ramos paying him the large wages he wants while letting Ramos leave over money won't end well for anyone I would guess...

But Flo probably needs any € he can spare for Mbappé in the summer so replacing Ramos without having to pay any fees (aside from maybe a signing on bonus) is probably something he thinks is a good idea...

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That hasn't stopped him for being an exceptional CB :dunno:

He's a great player. I have little doubt he can adapt, but I think he would probably prefer to play LB or in midfield than at CB. I also think in a team that isn't the best team in the world and dominates nearly every game that he's probably a little more exposed in some of the physical aspects of the game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of the English publications is saying that all the big teams are monitoring Matthew Hoppe. Not exactly big news or surprising, given he's the leading teenage scorer in the top five leagues. If you score goals like he has at his age every team will want to sign you.

I think he'd probably be playing though in the reserves for any of the big teams, if he left, so I'm hoping he stays at Schalke or can make a smaller step up if he leaves Schalke.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
This guy is wrecking the Greek league. I know nothing about him except for that.

Club Brugge made a hard push for him last month after selling Diatta to Monaco, but PAOK rejected every offer.
Still feel they could make it work, Brugge have loaned striker Michal Krmencik to PAOK and he's doing well there, he could be included in a future offer, unless the player has set his sights on a big club and feels the Belgian League isn't good enough for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad