Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yes and Arsenal witu multiple players too.
Difference here is the sheer number of players who are approached by BVB and Leipzig and the age too. Rather than wait for those players to be 16, 11 years old are being scouted and money is shown to them. Money that could change their life and their family's.
But sometimes only short term.

Are you confusing Leipzig with Leverkusen? Cause Leipzig really isn't any worse than other clubs with their funds when it comes to vulturing other academies. They're nowhere near as bad as the pill-pushers or FC VW.
Who knows?
Several youngsters have been bothered by the german offers.
Which has succeeded in Leipzig exactly?
Upamecano, Nkunku, Konate & Mukiele isn't enough french kids that they've helped make the most of their talent? Plus french-speakers Haidara & Keita have grown a ton in Leipzig.

I mean, how many french kids that went to Leipzig have failed? Augustin is the only one that comes to mind, and I dunno if any club would've made him a success :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Are you confusing Leipzig with Leverkusen? Cause Leipzig really isn't any worse than other clubs with their funds when it comes to vulturing other academies. They're nowhere near as bad as the pill-pushers or FC VW.

Upamecano, Nkunku, Konate & Mukiele isn't enough french kids that they've helped make the most of their talent? Plus french-speakers Haidara & Keita have grown a ton in Leipzig.

I mean, how many french kids that went to Leipzig have failed? Augustin is the only one that comes to mind, and I dunno if any club would've made him a success :dunno:
Tons of that is wrong obviously.
First yes Leipzig and BVB are the worst in terms of going after 11 years old. Seriously.
And off those who came as underaged to Leipzig as non established straight from an academy?
Not many.
Upa came from Salzburg, Konate was 18, Nkunku was established, Mukiele as well, Haidara isn't French.
So the total is 0 so far.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Didn't Barca do the same with Messi?

Well yes, but also no. Barça shelled out for Messi's medical bills when no one else would. Anyway, every club does it to some degree or another. Some clubs just get credit for doing it more than others even if that isn't true.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This account is really good, but they severely underrated RN’s reliability. If they say so authoritatively, it’s probably happening. What’s changed is their frequency of stories they break, not the reliability.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Isak definately deserves a top move. Fast, great link up play, great in the air, good goalscorer. Great profile. Reminds me of a young Anelka. Not sure if he is good enough for Barca, yet, really needs to bulk up and build muscle to lead the line there.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

No clue the reliability of this guy, but I’ve like Milenkovic the few times I’ve seen him.

There's been a lot of smoke lately on Milenkovic. It's a definite position of need, that's for sure. Though the one thing I'm not totally sold on if he's a Macguire partner b/c I see him more as a replacement. In that they're both in the Vidic role, and we need the Rio role - a quick CB with with good ball playing skills is the ideal partner IMO. but I've not seen tons of games Milenkovic played in so maybe I need to watch him more.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
There's been a lot of smoke lately on Milenkovic. It's a definite position of need, that's for sure. Though the one thing I'm not totally sold on if he's a Macguire partner b/c I see him more as a replacement. In that they're both in the Vidic role, and we need the Rio role - a quick CB with with good ball playing skills is the ideal partner IMO. but I've not seen tons of games Milenkovic played in so maybe I need to watch him more.
From the limited viewings I agree. Milenkovic is faster than Maguire but less dominating. Can also play RB. I would love a 4 CB rotation of Maguire, Bailly, Milenkovic, and Tuanzebe.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
United left another left-footed CB though, no? How about this:
  • You lot get Lenglet or Umtiti (or both), Dembele and Emerson (backup/competition for Wan-Bissaka)
  • We get Fernandes (Pogba assumes his mantle)
We all save money and everybody's happy.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
@Evilo I thought you were high on Havertz a year ago. What changed?

Not that I think highly of him.. just curious

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo I thought you were high on Havertz a year ago. What changed?

Not that I think highly of him.. just curious
I'm not low.
But he hasn't played well. I wasn't as high on him as some others (D2M namely), but I still think he's a bright young player.
Chelsea's tac absolutely doesn't fit him though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm not low.
But he hasn't played well. I wasn't as high on him as some others (D2M namely), but I still think he's a bright young player.
Chelsea's tac absolutely doesn't fit him though.
I think Kai in a similar role to what Bruno plays gives similar outputs. Maybe not this season or right away but in a couple years

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Kai in a similar role to what Bruno plays gives similar outputs. Maybe not this season or right away but in a couple years
The most Bruno like player I think would be (if you wanted to go young) Dom Szoboszlai. If you want an output merchant who can kill you with a dead ball.

Reactions: AB13 and Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The most Bruno like player I think would be (if you wanted to go young) Dom Szoboszlai. If you want an output merchant who can kill you with a dead ball.
I haven’t really paid attention to him since he’s gone to Germany. Honestly kind of forgot he went to Germany until I saw his name. I worry about his production translating to a bigger league (like I said though haven’t paid attention at all in Germany and haven’t even looked at his stats so maybe he’s already solved my worries).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I haven’t really paid attention to him since he’s gone to Germany. Honestly kind of forgot he went to Germany until I saw his name. I worry about his production translating to a bigger league (like I said though haven’t paid attention at all in Germany and haven’t even looked at his stats so maybe he’s already solved my worries).
He hasn't played yet because he's been hurt, so no production to speak of
Came to write this. I think he will be alright in the Red Bull incubator though. He is still very young, only 20. He has time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad