Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 2: Håland leaving. Some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How is Saliba better? Hasn’t hit that level in a year and a half, and maybe Fofana deserves more credit than previously thought for Saliba’s best run of form. Tapsoba does everything Saliba does and is more consistent.
Fofana and Saliba didn't play together. One replaced the other.
And Saliba was better than Fofana which should tell you something.
So yeah...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
More than a half season. I think you need to watch more Leverkusen. Todibo is no where near Tapsoba level.
That's a lol as well.
Todibo IS inconsistent (you can use the worse more wisely here) but he clearly can do things no other defenseman can do. Maybe with the exception of a couple and I'm not sure really.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's a lol as well.
Todibo IS inconsistent (you can use the worse more wisely here) but he clearly can do things no other defenseman can do. Maybe with the exception of a couple and I'm not sure really.
Todibo is no where near Tapsoba. When both were in Germany it showed very clearly.

Saliba again I think is good. But I think Tabsoba is better, especially on current form. I don’t even think that’s a hot take. Tapsoba had a better year.

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Todibo is no where near Tapsoba. When both were in Germany it showed very clearly.

Saliba again I think is good. But I think Tabsoba is better, especially on current form. I don’t even think that’s a hot take. Tapsoba had a better year.
Put Tapsoba on Schalke I'm sure he'll shine.
Ridiculous to compare the situations.

I hope one day Tapsoba can have a season in his whole career as good as Saliba’s rookie season at age 18.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They were moving out Bravo before they got him? lol

Both were signed in the same summer window
Hmmm. I must not remember well then. But even then it doesn't fit the original post in any case.
Chimaera pretended Barca, PSG and United we're used to bringing starting goalies to be backups to better goalies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Put Tapsoba on Schalke I'm sure he'll shine.
Ridiculous to compare the situations.

I hope one day Tapsoba can have a season in his whole career as good as Saliba’s rookie season at age 18.
That’s more excuses. Leverkusen wasn’t anything special before Tapsoba get there either. You are really underselling him. Todibo didn’t do anything for Barcelona either. What happened there? Don’t answer that, just more excuses. Tapsoba is a great success story who was the best CB in Portugal and is now best CB in Germany. He deserves more respect from you.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't really care who's better between Tapsoba and Saliba. Sign them both, let them compete, see what happens. Play them next to each other, even, if that works.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't really care who's better between Tapsoba and Saliba. Sign them both, let them compete, see what happens. Play them next to each other, even, if that works.
Yeah Arsenal would be stupid to not sign Tapsoba. Well anyone really. But having Saliba and Tapsoba would sort out your central defense for the next decade.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Wasn't Liverpool said to be offering 35-40M for Bissouma? No way I'd pay more than that for an unproven striker. They could easily go look in Netherlands/Belgium/France for a young striker worth less than half that with similar production.

I think he means Nketiah + money for Bissouma.

Wouldn't make sense if it's the other way around.

Reactions: Gecklund

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
:facepalm:
All these goalies were brought to be backups and Areola wasn't even signed since he was from the academy...
My bad, I misunderstood your initial reply. I was thinking of goalies of starter quality who were/are at some point backups for those clubs you mentioned.

Reactions: Evilo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Konate thing is like buying directly from my transfer wishlist again the same as Jota. I made some comments about him here a few years ago, if he stays healthy we’ll laugh about this signing forever. It can be like having another van Dijk.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think he means Nketiah + money for Bissouma.

Wouldn't make sense if it's the other way around.
Yeah that’s what I thought too (that it wouldn’t make sense). Also Bissouma would be a good signing for Arsenal but I don’t know how he’d fit with Thomas there.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
If he is getting paid why would he wants to leave.

Look at the bench at CB for Man City/Manchester United/Chelsea, these are the team LFC are competing with. You need quality depth especially at CB and LFC have learned their lesson.

Young players leave big clubs all the time to get consistent playing time elsewhere.
In fact it happens consistently with those clubs you mentioned.
I obviously don't know Phillips, but it doesn't make sense to me that a 24 year old kid would rather be a 4th or 5th option than play regular PL football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad