Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 2: Håland leaving. Some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Young players leave big clubs all the time to get consistent playing time elsewhere.
In fact it happens consistently with those clubs you mentioned.
I obviously don't know Phillips, but it doesn't make sense to me that a 24 year old kid would rather be a 4th or 5th option than play regular PL football.
Does it make sense than Nathan Ake, Eric Bailly and Kurt Zouma are 4th option too?

Nathan Phillips could ask for a more significant salary increase at LFC than going for a bottom EPL team..
If not him another player will serve that role. LFC were very fortunate actually last year that Phillips was not loaned/sold. They have learned and they will make sure to have the proper depth.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The Konate thing is like buying directly from my transfer wishlist again the same as Jota. I made some comments about him here a few years ago, if he stays healthy we’ll laugh about this signing forever. It can be like having another van Dijk.
Yeah Konate is a real smart investment by LFC. I think he has a better chance of hitting his potential than Upamecano and overall has a high ceiling that should fit in well with LFC. Regardless his job will be pretty damn easy if VvD comes back and picks up where he left off.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Konate has unique physical tools. So rare to see a big/strong guy like him with his speed and athleticism.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah Konate is a real smart investment by LFC. I think he has a better chance of hitting his potential than Upamecano and overall has a high ceiling that should fit in well with LFC. Regardless his job will be pretty damn easy if VvD comes back and picks up where he left off.
If Konate stays healthy it’s a grand slam signing. But it’s a very big IF

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
MATS came to replace Bravo, Romero always sucked and was nothing more than a backup and PSG didn't sign goalies from Serie A or Liga. They went from Areola as their goalie of the future to Trapp because of Blanc wanting a kicking goalie (while Maignan was sold as a youngster lol). Buffon came on a free (was competition for Areola again) and was replaced by Navas. That's over something like 8 years.

Sirigu, who was 24 year old back then.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That’s more excuses. Leverkusen wasn’t anything special before Tapsoba get there either. You are really underselling him. Todibo didn’t do anything for Barcelona either. What happened there? Don’t answer that, just more excuses. Tapsoba is a great success story who was the best CB in Portugal and is now best CB in Germany. He deserves more respect from you.
Actually he was brilliant for Barca in the CL at Inter.
What's Tapsoba's excuse for sucking in the CL?

Oh wait that's stupid right? That's the word "excuse" you're using.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Actually he was brilliant for Barca in the CL at Inter.
What's Tapsoba's excuse for sucking in the CL?

Oh wait that's stupid right? That's the word "excuse" you're using.
He hasn’t?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Todibo was transparent in the Bundesliga!

Which match of Tapsoba’s are you referring to that he was so bad in?
Every single CL game he played.

Todibo at least had some dominant games in the CL. That's more than him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Every single CL game he played.

Todibo at least had some dominant games in the CL. That's more than him.

I don’t think so. There was one game I remember he wasnt great in where he was playing out of position at RB after coming on at halftime and he wasn’t 100% but I don’t remember him imploding.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don’t think so. There was one game I remember he wasnt great in where he was playing out of position at RB after coming on at halftime and he wasn’t 100% but I don’t remember him imploding.
I think you remember wrong.

Heck, I'm 100% positive you remember it wrong.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sounds like bs to me. They can’t even buy players for their actual needs
If the plan is to save money they might think of selling MATS and getting Donnarumma on a free. But given his demands...
Or, just OR, the mutiple Barca fans and analysts who say MATS has been bad this year are echoed in the Barca offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad