Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That guy was in his late 20s, this kid is 17 and one of england’s Top talents. Not quite the same story, even if the price is absurd

Oh so more of a zaha, halilovich/Norway "star"

Yeah, I mean there would be a fun discussion about whether the Championship is even the best 2nd division in Europe, but this? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Championship>champions league.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He wouldn't get too much playing time on the top-top clubs. Tottenham are a selling team, so he can play a few years for them, raise his value and secure a move to Utd/City/other giant down the line. Plus he gets to stay in London.

Biased, but I don't consider Tottenham a selling club at all.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What happened to that player that left for like 40 million within the EPL??? Bolaise or some****? This seems like a rerun.

Sessegnon is way, WAY better than that bum.

Sort of, but...Sessegnon has 14 goals this season...ranked 5th in the Championship. Doesn't turn 18 until the season's over. He's actually probably worth more like 30 million considering the positions he's scoring all those goals from (LB and LM).

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He's only scored two goals as a left-back. The other twelve were in a left attacking role in either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Those twelve goals were scored in sixteen games if WhoScored got it right.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
They sold Walker directly to a rival. I expect more of the same this summer.

And Arsenal swapped Sanchez to Manchester United, so what? It's a case of doing the best business possible in a tricky situation. Doesn't make either selling clubs.

Don't expect us to sell to any domestic rivals at all unless the player is an English player not named Harry Kane or Dele Alli.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Paris United said Cavani will be on the move. I reckon Atletico will be quick to snatch him up to replace Griezmann. I don't see many other suitors. Maybe Bayern if Lewandowski moves to Madrid/PSG.

I'm not sure if he's the guy to lead the line for a team with Champions League aspirations either. He misses too many sitters too often, despite creating so many chances due to his sheer movement off the ball.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Paris United said Cavani will be on the move. I reckon Atletico will be quick to snatch him up to replace Griezmann. I don't see many other suitors. Maybe Bayern if Lewandowski moves to Madrid/PSG.

I'm not sure if he's the guy to lead the line for a team with Champions League aspirations either. He misses too many sitters too often, despite creating so many chances due to his sheer movement off the ball.

The guy is 31 and plays for a team where he would have to leave for huge money. Nope. He has almost never gotten hurt in his career. That means it's probably coming towards the end of his career like Ibrahimovic as he has played an absolutely massive amount of football. His ligament strength would have to be insane for him to not get a major injury in the two following seasons.

Of course, if he was still 29, would take him in a second for whatever price. Don't care about the missed sitters, he scores a massive pile of goals. At 31, can't really do that.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Paris United has reported earlier that PSG are targeting Lewandowski.

Reactions: All Might

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

giphy.gif

11GLYJ41ILRLy0

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London

By way of comparison between Zaha and Sessegnon's end product, the former left Palace weeks after his twentieth birthday with a record of 13 Championship goals in 126 appearances.

To give Zaha his due, this was a time of economic turmoil for Palace. Furthermore, his supporting cast was inferior to Sessegnon's.

By the bye, a nineteen year-old Moussa Dembele scored 15 in a full Championship season for Fulham. That may be a more useful reference point, because Dembele also had Tom Cairney to feed him, and benefited he from Ross McCormack's presence to share the goalscoring burden with. In contrast, Fulham this season lacked a consistent spearhead until Mitrovic arrived.

Based on first impressions off a single live viewing, I'd say Sessegnon has much to learn in terms of movement off the ball and passing. But time is certainly on his side, and presently he's not burdened with having an Englishman for a coach, which bodes well.

My first impression of seeing Yannick Bolasie live was 'not really a player'. And on that score I remain unmoved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad