Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Remember to name the source of the rumour, whether it was online (preferably with a link), tv or radio or the postman's neighbour's cousin's best friend.

nintchdbpict000005222280.jpg

Discuss.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Don't know his wages, but his team (with which he started BTW) lost 8-0 yesterday. :laugh:
But it was against a team with Oscar and Hulk. It’s not like it’s some awful team. Granted it’s still an awful score but still.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The team Carrasco went to is a side that just got promoted and they were playing the second placed team last year. We all know Chinese players aren't great to begin with. Their league is a total joke. It is also for some reason mandatory that all goalkeepers are Chinese.

Carrasco is getting around $12 million a year. According to accounts he was making just over a tenth of that with Atletico, so obviously, gigantic raise there.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
PSG/Real Madrid/Barca/ManU/ManCity/Spurs
all confirmed to have scouted Fulhams 17 yr old LB/LW Wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon
Scored 15 in 25 appearances of which 15 were played at LB

tied for 3rd highest goal scorer in the championship. with 20+ less attempted shots

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Arsenal will reportedly sell Ramsey. Can't see him getting into a top 5 club so they'll probably move him to Leicester, Burnley or Everton.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Arsenal will reportedly sell Ramsey. Can't see him getting into a top 5 club so they'll probably move him to Leicester, Burnley or Everton.

If they do it's because his contract is up the following Summer and they don't want to lose him for nothing. If they can get him to sign a new contract they should.

He could get into a top five club, but he may not be a starter.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
City needs a homegrown player and Arsenal has shown they'll sell to anyone that finishes above them without any problems doing so whatsoever. Chelsea also needs quality depth in midfield. United has too many midfielders, but they could get rid of Fellaini and replace him with someone better. Liverpool has too many midfielders to even consider it and it isn't their transfer policy to sign players that age (although you never know) and they wouldn't sell to Tottenham, where he'd also fit. He actually might start at Chelsea while I'm thinking about it. They desperately need goals from midfield.

No reason he'd have to play at the likes of Everton at all. They should just give him his wages at Arsenal because they can never replace all the players they've sold, especially if it continues. Their bench on Thursday was so bad Wenger didn't bring anyone on when they were getting wrecked. There's also the option of moving abroad as some teams are rumored to be doing a huge clearout.

Everyone who gets to these clubs winds up starting games. The ones Arsenal sell also look good playing for other teams. I don't know what's up with that but Ox has looked like a really good midfielder for Liverpool, so Ramsey could always wind up somewhere and raise his level. He's also playing with one of the worst midfielders going at Arsenal, so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I feel like Liverpool’s starting midfield next year may be Keita-Jorginho/Henderson-AOC.

Not sure Klopp would take Henderson out of the 6 role; and probably won’t sign two Starting XI mids. Either way, getting in Jorginho would be huge. Chamberlain has been very good. He was man of the match today again. He already has more “points” (goals + assists) than he had in 5 of 6 seasons at Arsenal and we just entered March.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
City needs a homegrown player and Arsenal has shown they'll sell to anyone that finishes above them without any problems doing so whatsoever. Chelsea also needs quality depth in midfield. United has too many midfielders, but they could get rid of Fellaini and replace him with someone better. Liverpool has too many midfielders to even consider it and it isn't their transfer policy to sign players that age (although you never know) and they wouldn't sell to Tottenham, where he'd also fit. He actually might start at Chelsea while I'm thinking about it. They desperately need goals from midfield.

No reason he'd have to play at the likes of Everton at all. They should just give him his wages at Arsenal because they can never replace all the players they've sold, especially if it continues. Their bench on Thursday was so bad Wenger didn't bring anyone on when they were getting wrecked. There's also the option of moving abroad as some teams are rumored to be doing a huge clearout.

Everyone who gets to these clubs winds up starting games. The ones Arsenal sell also look good playing for other teams. I don't know what's up with that but Ox has looked like a really good midfielder for Liverpool, so Ramsey could always wind up somewhere and raise his level. He's also playing with one of the worst midfielders going at Arsenal, so.

City and Chelsea were the more likely destinations for me as well.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

Ox always looked good, he just can't finish. It was a common fact.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Ramsay left because of his inconsistency and propensity to get hurt. It's not just the amount of games lost, it's him trying to get back to form and it's always a struggle. I'd prefer to keep Wilshere over him. Chelsea would be a perfect fit. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho goes for him too.

Arsenal's midfield went to shit when Cazorla got hurt. 3 years later and we still haven't replaced him. I'm still praying that Wenger somehow convinces Miralem Pjanic to come. There's a French connection, and he has Sead Kolasinac already there. But those kind of dreams are reserved for Fifa 18.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ox always looked good, he just can't finish. It was a common fact.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Ramsay left because of his inconsistency and propensity to get hurt. It's not just the amount of games lost, it's him trying to get back to form and it's always a struggle. I'd prefer to keep Wilshere over him. Chelsea would be a perfect fit. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho goes for him too.

Arsenal's midfield went to **** when Cazorla got hurt. 3 years later and we still haven't replaced him. I'm still praying that Wenger somehow convinces Miralem Pjanic to come. There's a French connection, and he has Sead Kolasinac already there. But those kind of dreams are reserved for Fifa 18.

Pjanic isn't past his best, but he only has so many years left at top level, and Arsenal are a little bit off of really challenging anytime soon. Sanson would be a great replacement for Ramsey. Arsenal keeps buying older players and they clearly need to add younger ones. There's so much young talent out there now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Ramsey will do well wherever he goes if he stays healthy. I'd take him at Liverpool. Henderson has been in great form but his health is a concern so we need someone capable of rotating or backing him up.

Always liked Ox and was probably the only one really pumped for that transfer. Love that signing.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Arsenal would be crazy to sell Ramsey. Could see him doing excellently at a new team or in an Arsenal team with a new manager. Clearly got a lot more potential than his current level (which seems to be the case for almost all players at Arsenal these days).

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Arsenal would be crazy to sell Ramsey. Could see him doing excellently at a new team or in an Arsenal team with a new manager. Clearly got a lot more potential than his current level (which seems to be the case for almost all players at Arsenal these days).

They wouldn’t (or at least shouldn’t) be selling him due to quality, they should be doing it so they don’t lose tens of millions like they did with Alexis.

Chelsea seems the most obvious for on field need, City for a numbers perspective.

United likely wouldn’t be in it. I think the summer is going to be spent on the defensive line and getting someone to replace/rotate with Matic, and that’s not Ramsey. I suppose they could get him as a rotation player to replace someone like Fellaini or Carrick though.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They wouldn’t (or at least shouldn’t) be selling him due to quality, they should be doing it so they don’t lose tens of millions like they did with Alexis.

Chelsea seems the most obvious for on field need, City for a numbers perspective.

United likely wouldn’t be in it. I think the summer is going to be spent on the defensive line and getting someone to replace/rotate with Matic, and that’s not Ramsey. I suppose they could get him as a rotation player to replace someone like Fellaini or Carrick though.

If Wenger stays and Ramsey feels he has to leave - then I would agree.

Could actually see him doing well under Pochettino. Would be a bit funny if he ended up at Spurs.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Wenger stays and Ramsey feels he has to leave - then I would agree.

Could actually see him doing well under Pochettino. Would be a bit funny if he ended up at Spurs.

Yea I think he’d fit well, not sure about Arsenal selling a decent player to Spurs though. Has anyone ever actually been sold between the two teams? I know there’s been a few that went on frees or through a couple years on another team, not sure if anyone has gone direct.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Long time ago. Campbell on a free. Gallas kind of. Only proper player I can remember being bought/sold is Pat Jennings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad