Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m sure the environment in that locker room is just peachy. Nothing but love and positive vibes.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I think it's plausible that Neymar misses Barca even if he's still enjoying his time at PSG. The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. I don't buy the rumors of him basically begging for a return to Barca though.

Reactions: cgf

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As for the rumors, better get used to it. It's a notoriously moody player who people talked about moving for years who is now playing in a less competitive league.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Isn't Jorginho possibly leaving in the summer? I'm sure Torreira and Diawara could rotate.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Isn't Jorginho possibly leaving in the summer? I'm sure Torreira and Diawara could rotate.

It would be like it's been under Jorginho where he barely plays, though. Torreira is a stud. Pep Reina has signed with Milan til 2020, Napoli might go after Onana...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Any Utd fans want to chime in on their team's summer transfer plan? I expect them to get a guy like Savic, but anything else?

You know...I could see that after Werner wins the golden boot at the World Cup if Bayern decides that he's ready to replace Lewa. United, PSG & Real are their best bets to sell Lewa for insane money. So if Real is dithering and PSG decides not to be dumb, and instead just keeps Cavani, the path would be clear for United to get Lewa for a nine-figure sum.
Daniel Alves fala em "falta de conexão no PSG" e rechaça polêmica com CR7

Dani Alves: Thank god my children don't like football. It has become a business. Every day i enjoy it less and less...

24 hours ago.

I wonder how much of that is just being older and the game taking more out of him physically. That can be extremely draining psychologically, especially when combined with leaving a locker-room that you spent years in & loved being a part of.

Yep yep. Diawara's game is still quite raw, whereas Torreira's is very refined. They can rotate while Torreira settles in & Diawara continues to polish his game; and if both take off, they can play together with the minutes Jorginho's departure would open up.
It would be like it's been under Jorginho where he barely plays, though. Torreira is a stud. Pep Reina has signed with Milan til 2020, Napoli might go after Onana...

Napoli's lack of depth is why they've had to concede on europe to make their push for the league. So Diawara's lack of PT this season is more of a reflection of his lack of polish preventing the coach from trusting him yet, than it is there just being no minutes to be had.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Seems like Spurs want one of Tah or Pavard. Probably an indication that Alderweireld is getting sold. Still surprised that Poch wouldn't prefer somebody left-footed. Lenglet would be a good shout.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Seems like Spurs want one of Tah or Pavard. Probably an indication that Alderweireld is getting sold. Still surprised that Poch wouldn't prefer somebody left-footed. Lenglet would be a good shout.

Tah just renewed his contract until 2023. He'd be very costly to pry away from Leverkusen now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Tah just renewed his contract until 2023. He'd be very costly to pry away from Leverkusen now.

If he replaces Alderweireld (something I still don´t think is the case) Spurs will have plenty of cash to spend replacing him.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If he replaces Alderweireld (something I still don´t think is the case) Spurs will have plenty of cash to spend replacing him.

Yeah, I heard of that. Don't find that it has too large of an impact these days though.
Not really a question of if Spurs have the money. It's just if they could get a better alternative for the money they'd need to spend to get him. I think there are better options.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Boooooooo. Booo this news. Boooooooo.

They should take Pavard

...and leave Tah for one of Dortmund / Leipzig / Gladbach...

Reactions: Deficient Mode

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not really a question of if Spurs have the money. It's just if they could get a better alternative for the money they'd need to spend to get him. I think there are better options.

Eh. Currently better? Sure. But Tah's progress has stalled because he's not challenged enough and Leverkusen doesn't know how to develop a CB talent like him any further. There aren't many CBs with his physical gifts, skill level, and vision with the ball. He just needs someone like Pep to turn him into the Boa 2.0 that's obviously there for someone to shape.

Sule's a much better player right now, but if Tah lands with one of the great coaches soon he'll fly back into 1st. A move this summer to Pepchester or...if Bayern does go after Tuchel instead of Nagelsmann despite the falling out that is guaranteed to happen between TT & the Bayern board at some point, while Watzke does the right thing & swoops for Nagelsmann...a move to BVB, would result in Tah surpassing Sule again by season's end.

The things he can do are just awe-inspiring, and he's not a dumb-dumb like Rudiger; he's just stagnated & complacent because he's not getting the right guidance to take his talent further.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This is one of the reasons I don´t think Spurs will try to bring in Tah.

After Vertonghen they will then have Sanchez, Tah and Foyth. Ridiculously inexperienced.

Much more likely they´ll try to bring in Tah if Alderweireld stays - to allow playing with a back 3 more often. But then I´m not sure if Spurs got the money - or if they do they should spend that money on full backs and a midfield player instead.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Boooooooo. Booo this news. Boooooooo.

They should take Pavard

...and leave Tah for one of Dortmund / Leipzig / Gladbach...

Speaking of Gladbach, is there any chance of them getting Arp if HSV is indeed relegated? Raffael needs a smarter and younger protegé than Bobadilla.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Speaking of Gladbach, is there any chance of them getting Arp if HSV is indeed relegated? Raffael needs a smarter and younger protegé than Bobadilla.

I doubt it. I think Arp would stay with HSV to try and fire them right back if they do (finally) get relegated. So I think he'll go to a richer team when he leaves them in the summer of 2019 (at the earliest).

Leverkusen usually get all of Hamburg's young studs, so they'd be in the mix...especially if they sell Bailey & Brandt by then, forcing Volland & Havertz to play on the wing full time. Though I think Arp might end up too big for Leverkusen as well and go to Leipzig to replace Werner next to Augustin, to Schalke to play for Tedesco, or to Dortmund (depending on who their next coach is & what they do at forward this summer).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Of the names Gladbach have been seriously linked with I'm actually really intrigued by Young Boys' Assale. He seems to have the touch & skill to weave through traffic like Raffa & Traore, is scoring at will this season, and seems to have that Raffa-esque knack for feeding team-mates in the box off of his dribbling. He's already 24, but that's around the age Kruse broke out and Traore became a real difference maker. I haven't seen too much of him, but he's left me with a positive impression.

There have been some (sketchy) rumors linking them to Kramaric if they finally take the EPL-money for Hazard. I'm a big fan of Kramaric's and would absolutely adore getting to watch a Raffa, Stindl & Kramaric attacking trident in front of Kramer / Zakaria / Cuisance / Benes / Neuhaus.

The club also thinks very highly of the teenaged Julio Villalba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad