Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Paris United said Cavani will be on the move. I reckon Atletico will be quick to snatch him up to replace Griezmann. I don't see many other suitors. Maybe Bayern if Lewandowski moves to Madrid/PSG.

I'm not sure if he's the guy to lead the line for a team with Champions League aspirations either. He misses too many sitters too often, despite creating so many chances due to his sheer movement off the ball.

Usually Atleti go after younger they can flip at a profit. Would be interesting to see who Paris replace him with.

Add a new center back to the need list

Y'all live game by game?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah not sure why people are scapegoating Lovren. He made some big blocks and tackles despite his wild tackles that upset Klopp near the end. At the end of the day he's not going to win every header against Lukaku. van Dijk should have been marking him from the start (on the long balls from the back). Aside from the hoofing he was fine in open play.

TAA and Can were the ones I'd say were more at fault for the goals. Trent especially on the first.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
TAA on both for me. Happens sometimes with young players. The second was a bit fluky only in the sense that without TAA's odd deflection, even after his mistakes, Karius had a hand on it and would have saved it without the deflection.

No new CB needed. Lovren was having to cover for a young player who completely crapped themselves, but TAA is young and will learn.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think we also need some instilled gamesmanship. I'm like 90% a team like United or Juventud would have just dragged Lukaku down or fouled him in the buildup to the 2nd goal but Can just let him run through. That was the time to take a tactical foul (especially since Lukaku had muscled Lovren down) I think aside from Milner maybe we don't really have any players in the team that do that.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Usually Atleti go after younger they can flip at a profit. Would be interesting to see who Paris replace him with.

Gotta get Dybala before Real or Barça comes after him. Actually, if Cavani truly leaves, I don't think PSG would need to buy a replacement (though they probably will). Could use Mbappé as the CF or Neymar as a false 9 with Draxler/Guedes and Mbappé wide.

Just saw a rumor about Jack Butland to Liverpool for 40m.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think we also need some instilled gamesmanship. I'm like 90% a team like United or Juventud would have just dragged Lukaku down or fouled him in the buildup to the 2nd goal but Can just let him run through. That was the time to take a tactical foul (especially since Lukaku had muscled Lovren down) I think aside from Milner maybe we don't really have any players in the team that do that.

I didn’t think that was a dangerous enough position immediately to be an obvious tactical fouling situation. Liverpool had numbers back and should have been able to defend it better.

If you’re fouling in that situation you’re playing a game like Juve played in mid week when they fouled everything that moved. That completely breaks up the flow of the game, which is basically the opposite of how Liverpool wants to play so I can’t find much fault in them not doing it.

Reactions: cgf

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Butland isn't going to Liverpool. Karius is better and Klopp is a huge fan of goalkeepers rushing out, something Butland can't do at all.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Any Utd fans want to chime in on their team's summer transfer plan? I expect them to get a guy like Savic, but anything else?

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Any Utd fans want to chime in on their team's summer transfer plan? I expect them to get a guy like Savic, but anything else?

I could see them getting a new CB (Manolas is my top choice), possibly a new LB (Sandro would be my top choice), a new RB (no idea here), and a new CDM (Fabinho)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Personally I think they're fine on attacking options and need to focus on defense. Need at least one new CB (and possibly a solid backup given Bailly's injury history), and unless Shaw magically gets back in form could use a new RB and LB. CDM is needed as a rotational option at least as Matic seems to be fading.

Tuanzebe has potential to fill the CB spot, and be a rotational option at RB, in the future, but I don't think he's ready to do that now for United except in cup competitions so I'd rather see him out on loan to get more first team experience.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
LaLiga - Barcelona: Coutinho: It would be great if Neymar returned to Barcelona - MARCA in English

"With Neymar, that's life, but I have the same feelings as Rakitic," Coutinho said at the presentation of the Mediterranean International Cup.
"He is a great player.
"I play with him for the international team and it is a real privilege.
"It would be great if he came back and of course we would open the door to that."

Barcelona starting to put their players to work? Will PSG hold Neymar hostage? Will he be suffering? More to come.......

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I believe the story that Neymar regrets going to PSF (sporting wise - I’m sure he doesn’t regret the millions) but I don’t see him returning to Barca at all.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I believe the story that Neymar regrets going to PSF (sporting wise - I’m sure he doesn’t regret the millions) but I don’t see him returning to Barca at all.
Dani Alves himself came out and said he "likes football less and less."

Wonder if this has to do with his departure from Barcelona.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
TAA on both for me. Happens sometimes with young players. The second was a bit fluky only in the sense that without TAA's odd deflection, even after his mistakes, Karius had a hand on it and would have saved it without the deflection.

No new CB needed. Lovren was having to cover for a young player who completely crapped themselves, but TAA is young and will learn.

I have more of a problem with his rash challenges in the 2nd half that he got tuned up by Klopp for. I like Lovren ok, and I think he's improved some, but I have no faith in him to do the business when it counts. I think there are some affordable options they could go after to solve the problem.

Yes, Trent was at fault for both, and to be fair, even though he's young, I'm not a fan of him being there at RB for the long term. I want to hope Clyne can get healthy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
LOL...
Neymar SAYS he's happy. He's having fun on the field as can be seen in nearly every game. He tries fancy stuff all the time.

CLEARLY since a spanish tabloid said he was unhappy, HFboards newbies will believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad