Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, but when a guy like Ndombele is available and you have money, you try to get him, especially since midfield is their main need. They did get some depth though with these two signings.
If Neymar goes, they'll need two wingers (I'm still expecting Cavani to leave and Mbappe to play up front). Since Draxler will be moved (most likely), they also need a replacement. 3 wingers, a CB, two RB (Meunier will likely leave) and possibly a 6.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Strange how they clearly aren't able to find much consistency. A team I considered to be the best in Europe already almost 2 years ago. Probably not true any longer though - even before these potential massive changes to the starting line-up/squad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sepp van der Berg to Liverpool is done.
Liverpool agree deal to sign Sepp van den Berg

This is a definitive Moneyball signing. Very low risk, high reward. I am not saying this guy is De Ligt, but getting someone of Van Den Berg's potential at pennies on the dollar, for a Eredivisie starter as a teenager, that won't require starters minutes or insane wages is a really good pickup. Especially with how they develop defenders at Melwood.

Bayern tried to sabotage the move last minute too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You're heavily underrating Kovacic there.

He does not fit into Sarri's system, but in a transition system, like the one he played at Real, he's an absolute beauty.

Assuming Lampard plays some sort of up-and-down system, Kovacic can do great.
But the Sarri-like, crawl the ball slowly up the pitch thing... It kills so much of what Kovacic brings to the game.
Everyone makes excuses for Kovacic being average, and have been doing so since at least his time at Inter. He has not proven to be more than average.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Everyone makes excuses for Kovacic being average, and have been doing so since at least his time at Inter. He has not proven to be more than average.
He's very good at transitioning the ball through dribbling. If Kante goes back to DM, then Kovacic can be that B2B role with RLC being the attacking guy. He'll never become what some thought he'd be, but in a role suited to his strengths, he'll be an asset.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sure, but when a guy like Ndombele is available and you have money, you try to get him, especially since midfield is their main need. They did get some depth though with these two signings.
If Neymar goes, they'll need two wingers (I'm still expecting Cavani to leave and Mbappe to play up front). Since Draxler will be moved (most likely), they also need a replacement. 3 wingers, a CB, two RB (Meunier will likely leave) and possibly a 6.

Are we sure this guy isn't just another Dembele in disguise? Or that Levy isn't dyslexic and thought he was just replacing a Dembele with another Dembele?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Definitely not worth that after the **** season he had. But Madrid got 40 for M. llorente so 50 sounds not even much for them

Exactly what I'm talking about. Teams doing business with them for these prices are just stupid.

Oh come on, circumventing the FFP rules IS cheating.

Again, no way I'd call that cheating. Simply making one deal in one fiscal year and the other in another.

Also Ander Herrera (free) and Sarabia (19.5M) will be announced to PSG. Both have passed their medical.

Excellent business that, but you've got the figures completely wrong. Suffragette City FC never agreed to these fees. Herrera is on a brand new four year deal and with Kovacic going for 50 million his price is 80 million. Same for Sarabia. So it's one either A) 160 million B) Marquinhos and 80 million C) Neymar and 1 million or D) f*** off and look elsewhere. They can take their pick.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Are we sure this guy isn't just another Dembele in disguise? Or that Levy isn't dyslexic and thought he was just replacing a Dembele with another Dembele?
We are about to know. From what I have seen of him he has everything to succeed in the premier league: Physicality, Vision, Supreme Dribbler and Technician, Positioning. With the likes of Kane, Son, Eriksen, Lucas, Alli around him I don't see how Tottenham are not legit contender now.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I will amend my above statement about the Madrid sales a bit. Transfermarkt is saying Llorente will only cost 30 million, so I'm assuming the 40 million figure I recall is the full figure after any add-ons are realized. That isn't so bad then depending on the variables.

Madrid still has A LOT of players to offload which should mean some significant transfer income regardless of prices, but I think there could be some deals to be had.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
De ligt will be gone soon if they have that kind of release clause. Sounds like a barça kind of move actually. Pay double of what they could have paid to begin with.

One thing I will say is that while I'd be trying harder to get a deal done for De Ligt, and I think there are other ways to provide incentive that could be explored, I do respect the club's approach to wages as regards the rest of the squad.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Naples-based newspaper Il Mattino, claim that Liverpool are interested in Kalidou Koulibaly, with Sadio Mane even lobbying his international teammate while on duty with Senegal at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Il Mattino does make it clear there has been no official approach from Liverpool, but claim that the Reds have requested information from the defender's agent Fali Ramadani.

He, in turn, apparently told Liverpool that K2 is not 'unsellable' but would cost €110-120m, unless a particularly 'appreciated' player is thrown into a part-exchange.

The report adds that Liverpool have taken this info and 'filed it away in a drawer', but negotiations with Napoli could 'soon be on the agenda'.

I know this is highly unlikely to go anywhere given the asking price, but the idea of a van Dijk - Koulibaly pairing is mouth watering. I'm all for Joe Gomez and Joel Matip (if he can maintain his form) but having two of the very best (if not the two best) centrebacks in the world, in their primes, playing for Liverpool...whew that would be nice.

Send them Shaqiri and Matip if it makes it happen.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I know this is highly unlikely to go anywhere given the asking price, but the idea of a van Dijk - Koulibaly pairing is mouth watering. I'm all for Joe Gomez and Joel Matip (if he can maintain his form) but having two of the very best (if not the two best) centrebacks in the world, in their primes, playing for Liverpool...whew that would be nice.

Send them Shaqiri and Matip if it makes it happen.
I can’t think of a single CB pairing that would be better.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I can’t think of a single CB pairing that would be better.
It certainly would have potential to be on an 'all time' level as a pairing but I fear it's highly unlikely to happen. Still nice to dream and it is a report out of Naples so...maybe?

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It certainly would have potential to be on an 'all time' level as a pairing but I fear it's highly unlikely to happen. Still nice to dream and it is a report out of Naples so...maybe?

That would probably be the best CB pairing to grace the PL since Rio and Vidic.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not a surprise but according to Maddock, Liverpool are not expected to make any big signings this summer. Around 20m maximum if they are bringing anyone else in

'Liverpool signal summer intent by making unknown youngster their first signing'

Of course, they are making the same mistake they do every time they get 2nd. Probably still the 2nd best team in the PL but they never go for the kill the following summer. More of the same reliance on Milner.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Classic Spurs transfer swoop incoming. A team should know not to dick around with a player when Spurs are in their league.

I have no idea if you are serious?

Probably small of me, but I got to admit “stealing” a guy from Arsenal would be quite sweet.

Not sure why Spurs would by another young CD though. I still expect Alderweireld to leave - and if he doesn’t he will next summer. With Vertonghen aging as well they need someone more experienced to supplement Sanchez and Foyth come summer 2020. I guess if Toby stays for one more year than this guy now and an experienced CD next summer could work. But then Sanchez really has to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad