Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund news from today.

Weigl has a 30M euros price tag. Arsenal and PSG among the interested clubs. No offers have been made yet, but it seems like he wants to go, and PSG is the likely destination.

Besiktas wants Kagawa back, but if he gets a better offer, he'll go there. The Besiktas manager stated this in an interview.

Southampton is also interested in Rode, along with Eintracht Frankfurt. It's been speculated that he'd return to Frankfurt because he had a good loan there, but another club might offer a bigger fee.

Guerreiro signing a contract extension is still an option, but it doesn't seem likely. He could be another one on his way to PSG.

Dortmund could table an offer for Ianis Hagi in the upcoming days. Zorc will watch him play tomorrow.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What's the deal with de Ligt, all I hear is that he's a lock at Barca, but now I see reports everywhere saying that Juve is going to get him?

Joao Felix to Atletico official for 126M. Quite a sum, but I think he'll be worth it.
What the hell? That's a whole lot of faith there even though he's had promising campaigns.

Was bang average last season and they got 50m. Wow.

Holy **** to the ****, SELL XHAKA NOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone know anything about Eray Comert? He's been linked to Arsenal.
I think I've seen comments here and there that say he's super skilled, but super inconsistent.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The only midfielder at the top two teams in that league worse than him is Delph. Yet 50m for that. He has technical ability but has never applied it in any meaningful way.

You're heavily underrating Kovacic there.

He does not fit into Sarri's system, but in a transition system, like the one he played at Real, he's an absolute beauty.

Assuming Lampard plays some sort of up-and-down system, Kovacic can do great.
But the Sarri-like, crawl the ball slowly up the pitch thing... It kills so much of what Kovacic brings to the game.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
@Savi what are your thoughts on Trossard? Should i be as excited as I am that he is playing @ Brighton now?

If he can continue his form from last season I have no reason to suspect otherwise

Usually the only thing I worry about when players from the Belgian League make their way to the Premier League is will they be able to handle the physicality and high tempo of the PL. Trossard isn't a big player by any means, although smallish players seem to find their way in the PL more and more in recent years. Also the fact that he'll probably have to defend way more than he ever had to do makes me wonder how effective he's going to be. But I don't doubt for a second he will have a positive impact :thumbu:

Reactions: robertmac43

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You're heavily underrating Kovacic there.

He does not fit into Sarri's system, but in a transition system, like the one he played at Real, he's an absolute beauty.

Assuming Lampard plays some sort of up-and-down system, Kovacic can do great.
But the Sarri-like, crawl the ball slowly up the pitch thing... It kills so much of what Kovacic brings to the game.

I don't see him being worth 50m though. Even if he might "bounce back" somewhat I don't think teams are currently lined up to buy him.

I like him, but I share the criticism that there isn't enough end product for the kind of player he is. Not someone I would pay 50m for.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I don't see him being worth 50m though. Even if he might "bounce back" somewhat I don't think teams are currently lined up to buy him.

I like him, but I share the criticism that there isn't enough end product for the kind of player he is. Not someone I would pay 50m for.

If Chelsea don't get him, Inter are apparently willing to go high for him.
And he'd fit Conte's game like a glove.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
50 for Kovacic isn't official and it includes the bonuses, which we don't know how attainable they are. We can only buy Kovacic and Higuain, so it's not like we had leverage to shop around for a better deal, it was get Kovacic or no one.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
If Chelsea don't get him, Inter are apparently willing to go high for him.
And he'd fit Conte's game like a glove.

That could very well be true, but would they pay 50m? At 25-30m I would have said fine.

Anyway. He will be better value than Drinkwater.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo What does this even mean? He can't make up his mind. If he does join Juve, would buying a Rabiot jersey be a wise investment?
Don't buy anything until it's done ! :D
Leonardo loves Rabiot and has made it clear he'd like to keep him. Tuchel also loves him. His teammates as well.
Problem was Henrique and he's gone.
NOW, there are still two problems here :
1/ Rabiot has to change his attitude
2/ Some fans won't ever forgive him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nzonzi from Roma to Lyon for 20M is about to be done.

Not sure I get it with Thiago Mendes being also signed (and being much better).
In midfield (counting Ndombele out), Lyon also has Tousard, Aouar, Pape Diop and phenom Maxence Caqueret. They've also signed a young brazilian last week.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Neto moves from Valencia to Barca

This is such a typical (and dumb) Barça move. Here you a backup goalie who actually still has good value, is also the starting GK for his country, so you have a great opportunity to maybe get some unexpected cash. So, what do you do? Sell him? No no. You trade him for another 30 year old backup who's arguebly worse. :thumbu:

Honestly if Cillessen were at Madrid they'd probably have sold him somewhere for €45m

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What is it with Sarabia and his release clause? So ridiculously low - even if I understand his market value has sky rocketed fairly recently.

Not that he plays in the same role, but with Herrera, Sarabia and I guess if it is still a possibility Rabiot stay then they got less need for N'Dombele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad