Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
08/09 - finished 2nd. That summer they sold Xabi Alonso and signed Alberto Aquilani and Glen Johnson. They finished 7t .

13/14 - finished 2nd. That summer they sold Suarez and added three players from Southampton, Alberto Moreno, Lazar Markovic and Mario Balotelli.

This is more of the same. They never hit the gas after finishing 2nd, but at least we arent losing anyone major this time aroun . Maybe that is part of their calculus

They are also correcting some of the mistakes from early last season.

- Origi will be part of the team from the start.

- Brewster is not injured.

- Keita and Ox are not injured.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kicker stating that Dortmund will refuse any transfers for Weigl. They want to keep him to have a strong squad, despite him likely not being a starter.

Bild says that Zagadou and Diallo could both leave. Zagadou's agent is searching in England for clubs to sign him, while Diallo doesn't think he'll get enough playing time with Hummels joining, so he might want to leave.

It would be incredibly stupid to sign Hummels, and then get rid of Zagadou and Diallo. At least one of them needs to stay, probably both with one going out on loan.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They are also correcting some of the mistakes from early last season.

- Origi will be part of the team from the start.

- Brewster is not injured.

- Keita and Ox are not injured.
Keita actually may be injured. Guinea rushed him back and Nigeria beat the brakes off of him yesterday. He is not in great shape at the moment.

I hate the "like a new signing cliche" but it will be good to have Chamberlain back.

They need another forward though. They don't have good enough cover on the left.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Keita actually may be injured. Guinea rushed him back and Nigeria beat the brakes off of him yesterday. He is not in great shape at the moment.

I hate the "like a new signing cliche" but it will be good to have Chamberlain back.

They need another forward though. They don't have good enough cover on the left.
If what they're saying is true then it sounds like Klopp is happy with Origi/Shaqiri/Brewster as back-ups. The only one I'm satisfied with is Brewster because I believe in his elite potential, but otherwise I would definitely prefer to have an in prime elite attacker to rotate with our front 3. Expecting the kind of health and performance out of them day in and day out for 3 straight seasons is playing with fire.

I'm mostly fine with everywhere else...but a rotational forward really feels like a must buy. As much as I love Origi for his legendary contributions last season, quite frankly he and Shaqiri are just not good enough to play significant minutes if that case arises.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If what they're saying is true then it sounds like Klopp is happy with Origi/Shaqiri/Brewster as back-ups. The only one I'm satisfied with is Brewster because I believe in his elite potential, but otherwise I would definitely prefer to have an in prime elite attacker to rotate with our front 3. Expecting the kind of health and performance out of them day in and day out for 3 straight seasons is playing with fire.

I'm mostly fine with everywhere else...but a rotational forward really feels like a must buy. As much as I love Origi for his legendary contributions last season, quite frankly he and Shaqiri are just not good enough to play significant minutes if that case arises.
I agree but I still think we only get one, and it will be a nice young player, rather than a world class one which, for the record, I dont agree with. I think Lozano makes the most sense but if their budget is around 20m, it's really hard to say who would be the right guy.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Everyone makes excuses for Kovacic being average, and have been doing so since at least his time at Inter. He has not proven to be more than average.

He was excellent in Madrid. Even with the midfield of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro he got serious minutes and serious games.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
turnbull to celtic is off. the weirdest transfer saga i remember. motherwell announced they agreed a fee with celtic. celtic a couple days later said that the agent was essentially being a dick. transfer was off. then motherwell agreed a fee with an english club. turnbull apparently rejected that club and wanted to join celtic. turnbull failed his medical and celtic tried to apparently lower the fee. now turnbull is staying at motherwell and needs surgery.

celtic apparently agreed a fee with christopher jullien of toulouse. big fee for celtics standards 7m+ if reports are to be believed. news reports say he flew to edinburgh today.

now all we need is a right back, a backup lb, and a striker.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Don't know if it has any legs, but AC Milan are hoping to offer a 2 year loan to Torreira

They are not getting him, and why on earth would Torriera want to move to a club that is significantly worse than the one he is at?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
After playing a year for Arsenal, I'd want to get the **** out there ASAP as well... that team is going nowhere, fast.

Not really, Arsenal have tons of young talent and a promising manager who is just starting to implement his ideas along with a new defensive coaching straff. Arsenal where one point of the top 4, it is not like they are far below Chelsea or Sp*rs. Arsenal would have had if the referee didn’t rob Arsenal of a win against Sp*rs in the NLD. If Emery didn’t rest players for half the season Arsenal would have finished third most likely. The owner is very concerning of course but our future ceirtainly does not look worse than for Tottenham or United, at least not considering they haven’t signed anyone.

Leaving Arsenal for a club that are a million miles away from them in Milan would be stupid too.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
The premise is that he and his family are unhappy in England, he wants to go back to Italy and play for his former coach Giampaolo.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Yup. In his own words.

Asked what parts of life in England he enjoys, Torreira replied: ‘I don’t know if there are many things that I enjoy. ‘I think it was better in Italy. England is a totally different world, a very large country.

The language [barrier] has cost me, to be able to relate with my peers and with the people. It is very difficult when you can’t have dialogue.
‘And so is the climate. You go out in the morning and it is cloudy, you arrive late to your home and it is cloudy.

Although he did also say he’s willing to make an effort to adapt.

On a related note that will probably influence his thought process, Milan was just banned from the forthcoming Europa league season.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
There have been multiple reports that he and mainly his family are unhappy living in England. They want to go back to Italy.

He said in an interview yesterday that he wants to play for Arsenal and that while he does not love it in England, wants to settle in England.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
He said in an interview yesterday that he wants to play for Arsenal and that while he does not love it in England, wants to settle in England.

People, in general, say a lot of things, take it with a grain of salt. It's like when players say " I will my spend my whole career here!" Then ask for a transfer/trade the following week.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
People, in general, say a lot of things, take it with a grain of salt. It's like when players say " I will my spend my whole career here!" Then ask for a transfer/trade the following week.

That is true but I have not heard anything that makes me believe that is the case here, lets hope he stays

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sounds like he has to move to the Dutch league if he thinks England is too big.

Such a strange interview.

Will be a loss for Arsenal if he moves. I think he got a bit hyped for a short spell, but he definitely showed some promise. Potentially a very good player for Arsenal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

@Live in the Now in AFCON thread gave a Keita update. It's not great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad