Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think Zaha's fee will be reduced since it seems he's forcing his way and to only one team. I will welcome him, but agreed we should back off if CP wants anything higher than 45 million for him.

Problem with the fee is United have a 20% sell on clause.

So Palace is basically asking the buyer to pay that fee from what I've read.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Problem with the fee is United have a 20% sell on clause.

So Palace is basically asking the buyer to pay that fee from what I've read.
Ah okay, so CP want like 40 for him, but because United added that clause it will bump it up to 60 million? Honestly EPL players are so overrated and overpriced when it comes to another EPL team being interested that I rather look for others across the strait.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ah okay, so CP want like 40 for him, but because United added that clause it will bump it up to 60 million? Honestly EPL players are so overrated and overpriced when it comes to another EPL team being interested that I rather look for others across the strait.

If Palace is losing Wan-Bissaka (sounds like it'll actually happen), you have to assume they'll want to hang onto Zaha if it's at all possible. Granted if he wants to push his way out they won't have much of a choice.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Palace is losing Wan-Bissaka (sounds like it'll actually happen), you have to assume they'll want to hang onto Zaha if it's at all possible. Granted if he wants to push his way out they won't have much of a choice.
Trust me, Zaha isn't a huge loss if Arsenal can't get him. All this Zaha talk is that there was a report this morning stating that he's on the verge of requesting a transfer and only to Arsenal.

Reactions: robertmac43

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

Yeah that's why the Wan-Bissaka negotiation was something to watch. If they had gotten rid of the Zaha clause as part of the AWB transfer, I think Palace would be more open to selling Zaha.

If that makes sense.

Reactions: S E P H

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I feel like cash plus Coutinho for Neymar makes sense. By all accounts, Barca want Coutinho gone and PSG is one of a very small number of clubs that can afford him and whatever his wage is.
Since PSG has valued Neymar at 300M, there's something missing here. Coutinho currently is not worth 80M. So yeah, they'd have to add big time. Dembele and probably either Rakitic or Umtiti (Umtiti all day long for me).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
35M for Cillessen? Really? Is there an under the table deal there between Barca and Valencia? The guy's a 30 year old backup. 5 league games in 3 years.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
35M for Cillessen? Really? Is there an under the table deal there between Barca and Valencia? The guy's a 30 year old backup. 5 league games in 3 years.

I think I posted about it a week or two back, but basically I think it's a swap for Neto. Valencia buy Cillessen now before the end of June and Barça buys Neto after July 1st which is all to do with the fiscal year. Cillessen really should be starting somewhere though.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yes, Cillessen is a starter, just comes up short for the elite squads out there. Valencia seems like a nice opportunity for him.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Since PSG has valued Neymar at 300M, there's something missing here. Coutinho currently is not worth 80M. So yeah, they'd have to add big time. Dembele and probably either Rakitic or Umtiti (Umtiti all day long for me).
Serious question, not being cheeky: is 27 year-old Neymar worth 300M having made 49 appearances (per Whoscored) in the last two seasons?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think I posted about it a week or two back, but basically I think it's a swap for Neto. Valencia buy Cillessen now before the end of June and Barça buys Neto after July 1st which is all to do with the fiscal year. Cillessen really should be starting somewhere though.
Even if Cillessen is starter quality (that's debatable for a team like Valencia, but let's admit it), how should they pay 35M for a 30 year old who hasn't played competitive football in 3 years on a regular basis?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Even if Cillessen is starter quality (that's debatable for a team like Valencia, but let's admit it), how should they pay 35M for a 30 year old who hasn't played competitive football in 3 years on a regular basis?

As I just said, it'd essentially be a swap after we buy Neto for presumably the same amount. And Cillessen is starter quality for a team like Valencia.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Andreas Skov Olsen is going to be a star IMO. He's got all the tools AND that little something, that decision making in a split second, that enables him to make great plays before other players even think about those plays.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think Zaha's fee will be reduced since it seems he's forcing his way and to only one team. I will welcome him, but agreed we should back off if CP wants anything higher than 45 million for him.

I would take him for 30ish without question if feasible. I think if the Fraser rumours were still circling I would pick him over Zaha from a cost-efficiency aspect.

Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yes, since the winter window. Been quiet since, though.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything and that's why I was asking.

Andreas Skov Olsen is going to be a star IMO. He's got all the tools AND that little something, that decision making in a split second, that enables him to make great plays before other players even think about those plays.

Yeah, he looks really good.

Reactions: Ajacied
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad