Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think baring any sale Liverpool only true need is at CB to complement VVD. I know Gomez has been good but his injury proness is worrisome. So my clear #1 target would be De ligt. After that, all the Werner, Pepe, Fernandes talks are more luxury than true needs.

I would love to have them and be like City or Barcelona with world class talent on the bench but for a team like Liverpool it might not be that feasable. I also think that the current bench is good.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If I'm Liverpool another player I'd be pretty interested in bringing into the fold is Dusan Tadic. He's been a revelation this season in the false 9 role and would be someone who could somewhat replicate what Firmino brings to the team and also be able to step into midfield if necessary.

I'd be elated with a Tadic/Pepe window even with absolutely nothing else.

Also because Liverpool > Chelsea

They were linked with Tadic a few years ago after they’d already bought Southampton’s whole team. Definitely wouldn’t mind him.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think baring any sale Liverpool only true need is at CB to complement VVD. I know Gomez has been good but his injury proness is worrisome. So my clear #1 target would be De ligt. After that, all the Werner, Pepe, Fernandes talks are more luxury than true needs.

I would love to have them and be like City or Barcelona with world class talent on the bench but for a team like Liverpool it might not be that feasable. I also think that the current bench is good.
Depth is not a luxury. The bench is not good enough and next summer is AFCON. Liverpool cannot neglect their forward depth again. I think they need RB more than CB. I think anyone can play next to Virgil. Forward depth should be their top priority. Hopefully Pepe but dont know how realistic he is. That's my top choice.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Oblak has renewed with Atleti until 2023. His new buyout is only 120 million though.
  • Speculation that Ceballos could go back to Betis as Setien would welcome him back. Were I a supporter I wouldn't want him back ever.
  • Aspas has renewed with Celta until 2023.
  • Eintracht Frankfurt have executed the option to buy Jovic.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Paul Mitchell's being mentioned as a candidate for the DoF position at United.

I think he'd be a fantastic addition, if true.

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Chelsea can't buy Pepe though. Liverpool desperately need a player of that quality/mold. I hope it happens, though supposedly Klopp has said there won't be any huge signings this summer.
At 30, I would be more in line to give some of those minutes to Brewster or buy someone clearly able to cut it over overpaying for an older player.
Well nobody is going to overpay for a 30 year old who is having a career season. I don't think you're going to be seeing world record fees for Tadic; he's certainly worth looking into.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Chelsea can't buy Pepe though. Liverpool desperately need a player of that quality/mold. I hope it happens, though supposedly Klopp has said there won't be any huge signings this summer.

Well nobody is going to overpay for a 30 year old who is having a career season. I don't think you're going to be seeing world record fees for Tadic; he's certainly worth looking into.
Ohhhhhhh yeeaaaaaaah I forgot

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Icardi should probably win some sort of title at Inter before we say he's the buy that wins championships.
He plays for Inter, of course he's not going to win anything lol. If it wasn't for him though, Inter would be where Parma currently is, he's that important for them.

I am with Evilo, Pepe is good, but I am on the Ndombele bandwagon. Different positions, but if we're talking about 60 million for either of them, Tanguy is my guy.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Juventus needs to revamp their midfield, that's their weakness..they don't just dominate teams in that area with Pjanic/Matuidi/Emre Can.

Dybala has so much quality, he almost seems wasted right now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Juventus needs to revamp their midfield, that's their weakness..they don't just dominate teams in that area with Pjanic/Matuidi/Emre Can.

Dybala has so much quality, he almost seems wasted right now.
Aaron Ramsey is coming to fix the midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad