Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sounds like Liverpool are joining the race for Nicolas Pepe, according to l'Equipe.

Seems like an appropriate signing. Not sure what our chances are if another top team can offer him a starting spot though.
I don't think LFC are going go spend that much on a bench player. And Pepe may want more minutes. Would gladly take him though. That being said, with AFCON this summer and Liverpool needing depth at forward (especially at the beginning of the season if Egypt and/or Senegal go deep), I would hope they also would look at someone who isnt playing extra competitive games this summer.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think LFC are going go spend that much on a bench player. And Pepe may want more minutes. Would gladly take him though. That being said, with AFCON this summer and Liverpool needing depth at forward (especially at the beginning of the season if Egypt and/or Senegal go deep), I would hope they also would look at someone who isnt playing extra competitive games this summer.
Yeah, Pepe is going to want guaranteed starter minutes every week. It's not like he's a youngster that needs developing, he's going to be 24 in about a month.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, Pepe is going to want guaranteed starter minutes every week. It's not like he's a youngster that needs developing, he's going to be 24 in about a month.
And rightfully so. LFC backed out on Pulisic for the same reason.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Umtiti is only being shown the door because Barca wants to accomodate the dutch buddies. I doubt he has anything on his knee and if it was the case, Barca certainly wouldn't tell everyone about it.

So it's just internet posters guessing.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah I'm gonna need to see Pepe score in every round of the CL knockout stage regardless of how good the opponent is.

I do think he could be better though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
We'll see. Pepe is ridiculous.

That's why I'd like to have him. We need someone who can start 20-25 games but play every single game so that when Mane, Salah, or Firmino are tired, they don't have to play. Liverpool could promise him a lot of games, we'll see. I don't know if the player would rather play for a team like that or be a guaranteed starter somewhere like Inter. I think he would also start for Bayern but I don't know if they're willing to spend as much money considering what they've already done.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's why I'd like to have him. We need someone who can start 20-25 games but play every single game so that when Mane, Salah, or Firmino are tired, they don't have to play. Liverpool could promise him a lot of games, we'll see. I don't know if the player would rather play for a team like that or be a guaranteed starter somewhere like Inter.

He doesn't have to drop to Inter levels to be a guaranteed starter.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah, I made an edit. Chelsea, Bayern, or Arsenal are places he'd start too. Two of those have more money than the other. I don't know what a player like that thinks in their head though.
He’d probably (I say probably because they have a weird obsession with Lingard) start for United.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pepe starts on a lot of teams. He can play wing AND striker remember.
Barca is interested BTW.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t know if he’s better than Mane, but I’ll agree that Mane can be better. I just think Mane does a lot for the team, even when he’s not scoring. I’ve not seen enough of Pepe.

I do think some are missing the boat. If Liverpool want to challenge on all fronts, and they want the player, they’ll pay the wages needed to get him here even if he sits the bench a bit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t know if he’s better than Mane, but I’ll agree that Mane can be better. I just think Mane does a lot for the team, even when he’s not scoring. I’ve not seen enough of Pepe.

I do think some are missing the boat. If Liverpool want to challenge on all fronts, and they want the player, they’ll pay the wages needed to get him here even if he sits the bench a bit.
Read

The player who convinced Liverpool to pass on Pulisic signature

This is relevant. LFC are very unlikely to get invalid bidding war for Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->