Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Dybala played in a league where its harder to score and the majority of the time out of position.
Oh really? Serie A averaged 1.37 goals per team per game from 15-16 to 17-18. The EPL averaged 1.36 goals per team per game from 15-16 to 17-18. Seems about the same to me. Serie A is without a doubt a weaker league overall.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t think it’s exactly the same. Pulisic isn’t as good, and I don’t think Shaqiri has been convincing enough.

They’re not going to spend 60 on a squad player, but they might do 35-40 on a guy who is starting 25-30

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Serie A is without a doubt a weaker league overall.

e102293a06abb0b63f067f1fcb554ebc.jpg

Reactions: Gecklund

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Is he better than Shaqiri?

Shaqiri cost 1/4th what Pulisic would cost and plays a lot less than a big signing would play. It's an unfair comparison. Nicolas Pepe is a lot better than Pulisic, our current front three is miles better, and therefore a different standard applies.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Shaqiri cost 1/4th what Pulisic would cost and plays a lot less than a big signing would play. It's an unfair comparison. Nicolas Pepe is a lot better than Pulisic, our current front three is miles better, and therefore a different standard applies.
When you take price into consideration, he is nowhere near worth 64mil. He is probably worth half of that TBH. That doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
When you take price into consideration, he is nowhere near worth 64mil. He is probably worth half of that TBH. That doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Yeah, he's not bad. He's just not as good as the kinds of players we should be targeting. There's only one player his age I want (Sarr) and everyone else is a bit older, we don't just need quality anymore but very good quality. That fourth very strong attacker is all we're missing.

Reactions: YNWA14 and Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't believe that

Look at who else they signed. A bunch of stud players and one clear backup.

Look at Pulisic.

Pretty clear to me. If you think Pulisic is good enough to put one of our front three on the bench when they get tired, if you think we could still win a league if we did that, that makes you a homer. He is nowhere near that good yet. We need a player who can come into the team in April if someone sprains their ankle and lose almost nothing. Pepe, the nearly out of contract Eriksen, Dybala, Fekir, those are the kinds of player we need this summer. They will try to find that one player, I'm sure of it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Look at who else they signed. A bunch of stud players and one clear backup.

Look at Pulisic.

Pretty clear to me. If you think Pulisic is good enough to put one of our front three on the bench when they get tired, if you think we could still win a league if we did that, that makes you a homer. He is nowhere near that good yet.
No that's not my point at all, and that isnt the point Pearce is making in the article either. They didnt want to spend that much on a bench player.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Chelsea board admitted that they were influenced by US audience for the signing.

I don't think he is any better than Ryan Fraser, who will cost less than 1/2 his transfer fee, but bring more to the table.

Reactions: Live in the Now

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No that's not my point at all, and that isnt the point Pearce is making in the article either. They didnt want to spend that much on a bench player.

I don't believe that. How much did Keita cost? Ox also cost a bomb. I think they have a plan as far as this goes.

The team is so good that anyone they sign is going to be a rotational option. They will sign one for huge money. I think they didn't want to sign that player because they could get much better players for that amount.

Reactions: Chimaera

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't believe that. How much did Keita cost? Ox also cost a bomb. I think they have a plan as far as this goes.

The team is so good that anyone they sign is going to be a rotational option. They will sign one for huge money. I think they didn't want to sign that player because they could get much better players for that amount.
Keita was bought to be a starter, and really to be a cornerstone midfielder player for them. Not to be a rotational player. Chamberlain, if I remember, they just matched the Chelsea offer, and the state of the midfield is different than the state of a forward. Someone will think they will have an easier time displacing a guy like Hensderson than a guy like Salah or Mane.

I'm not saying you are wrong. Pepe would be an outstanding, better than Pulisic signing, but it also would not shock me if they try to go internal with Brewster either.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dortmund supposedly have an agreement with Hoffenheim LB Nico Schulz for around 30M. I don't really trust a 26 year old with no pedigree before a season ago to continue to perform at a high level away from Nagelsmann.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don’t think it’s exactly the same. Pulisic isn’t as good, and I don’t think Shaqiri has been convincing enough.

They’re not going to spend 60 on a squad player, but they might do 35-40 on a guy who is starting 25-30
You're not getting Pepe for 35-40.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Klopp wants someone it won’t matter what the price is. Squad player or not, they are dumping a few very large wages.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Keita was bought to be a starter, and really to be a cornerstone midfielder player for them. Not to be a rotational player. Chamberlain, if I remember, they just matched the Chelsea offer, and the state of the midfield is different than the state of a forward. Someone will think they will have an easier time displacing a guy like Hensderson than a guy like Salah or Mane.

I'm not saying you are wrong. Pepe would be an outstanding, better than Pulisic signing, but it also would not shock me if they try to go internal with Brewster either.

Ox picked Liverpool over Chelsea because Conte wanted him to be a RWB and Klopp promised him time at CM.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So I had a dream United sold De Gea, Pogba, Young, Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Lingard, Rojo, and Darmian and replaced them with even more shit and I could definitely see them actually do that. If all those players were to leave though I’d love to get Onana, Rabiot, Fekir, Bruno Fernandes, AWB, Neres, Alderweireld and Rice to replace them. I tried to keep my targets semi realistic :laugh:

In all honesty though, if De Gea were to leave where would he go? There are three teams that are in the tier above United that don’t have a keeper. RM has Courtois, Barca has Ter Stegen, Bayern has Neuer (probably not going to be around much longer but still you get someone younger that DDG), Atletico has Oblak, Pool has Alison. I could see PSG being interested but with FFP and having issues in other positions I don’t see them spending the money at keeper. He would be an upgrade at Juve but again I doubt they spend that money cause it’s just not their style. He would be a better shot stopper than Ederson for City but with the possession they have and Ederson’s skill in possession being among the best in the world, I doubt they go for him. Basically I don’t see anywhere he would fit in without other changes.

Pogba, on the other hand, he would fit in most places. I could see PSG, Juve, RM, Barca, and Bayern (lesser extent for last 2) being interested. I know this would never happen but I’d much rather see a swap for a CB or a mid than just selling him out right. Maybe something like Rugani+cash, Varane straight up (if he would still be willing to leave RM), from PSG I’d love to try for like Marquinhos but that’s probably aiming too high, I don’t remember if Rabiot’s contract is over this summer or next but I’d send Pogba to PSG and get Rabiot+cash.

I feel like AWB is an absolute must for United after this season. Also bringing back Tuanzebe, TFM, CBJ and giving time to Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Garner, etc. is a must. This team needs such a huge overhaul and it’s insane. I’d love to have one experienced back up at every position and then one youth player but that might be a bit of a reach by next season. All I want now though is for the players listed in the first part of this post gone. DDG and Pogba are two of my favorite players (probably the only two arguable ones that I want gone). If they don’t want to play for the club though then let them go and replace them with smart buys. They can’t allow Woodward to make these buys though.

Reactions: Venkman

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If I'm Liverpool another player I'd be pretty interested in bringing into the fold is Dusan Tadic. He's been a revelation this season in the false 9 role and would be someone who could somewhat replicate what Firmino brings to the team and also be able to step into midfield if necessary.

I'd be elated with a Tadic/Pepe window even with absolutely nothing else.
Right, and matching the fee helped
Also because Liverpool > Chelsea

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If I'm Liverpool another player I'd be pretty interested in bringing into the fold is Dusan Tadic. He's been a revelation this season in the false 9 role and would be someone who could somewhat replicate what Firmino brings to the team and also be able to step into midfield if necessary.

I'd be elated with a Tadic/Pepe window even with absolutely nothing else.

Also because Liverpool > Chelsea
Wasn’t that the season after Chelsea won the title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad