Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Continue. Always mention the source of the rumor, whether, tv, radio, site, social media, print media, neighbor's uncle's janitor's best friend etc.

United official app had Rojo saying that Ole has told him he is in his plans.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Somebody has to explain to me why someone like Rojo would be considered part of the plans.

I think this notion that United's transfer policy will be completely changed for the better under Ole is a tad optimistic.

I know it's been said a billion times , but until a proper DoF is brought in , I can't see how their transfer business would become markedly better. They're swimming in an ocean of sharks with a goldfish.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Somebody has to explain to me why someone like Rojo would be considered part of the plans.

I think this notion that United's transfer policy will be completely changed for the better under Ole is a tad optimistic.

I know it's been said a billion times , but until a proper DoF is brought in , I can't see how their transfer business would become markedly better. They're swimming in an ocean of sharks with a goldfish.
I’d say that Rojo kind of has to be in the plans until summer. I didn’t read the report but he’s one of the few back up options at LB.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

There's a lot comments coming from several players like Sanchez and Rojo via United's site/app that they feel they haven't gotten to show their best form or abilities for the club for various reasons (mostly injuries) and think that with Ole in charge, they'd want another/one more chance to do that.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Werner is not renewing his contract and RBL don’t want to lose for free, so he’ll be sold this summer. Klopp you know what to do.

Reactions: Chimaera

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Buy Lukaku from United so you can fund his move to United? I mean sure if you insist :sarcasm:

Rather vomit lol. I think United does have to transfer Lukaku out although I have no idea where. Might be a marriage with Inter there, he is better suited to Italian football and could score a pile of goals.

Liverpool needs Werner so that the front three can play less, I think it's a natural fit. He can play inside left or central, and that would allow Mane to move to the right in games Salah has to rest, and vice-versa.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There’s enough matches for everyone. Not to mention Firmino could play in the midfield if they went with something other than 4-3-3.

I’m not sure he would start every match, but I think he would see a good chunk

Liverpool also have plenty of money

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think he is going to Bayern. He even said not to long ago there is only one German club worth playing for.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think he is going to Bayern. He even said not to long ago there is only one German club worth playing for.

It's going to be Liverpool or Bayern. No doubt about that part.

If Liverpool doesn't sign him I would like Sarr or Eriksen. Yes I know none of these players plays the same position. Eriksen is close to having just 12 months left on his contract.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sarr would be the target for me of those. Brandt and Bergwijn also. Desperately need players that can replace what Mane/Salah bring.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool could easily spend another 100m net this summer with this CL run. I expect they won't spend that much but they could. They're getting 20 million Euros for Ings before the summer even starts, there also absolutely will be some outgoings.

If they don't get one or two quality attackers they've failed. They've taken a lot of the steps they needed to regularly be able to spend this much.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would like Brandt to go to LFC that player looks great every time I see him even though I admit its not a lot. Still I like his game.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Oh I completely agree that odds are he’ll end up there.

I do think they might prefer to sell him abroad.

I don’t expect to see 100 net, but I do expect a few big signings. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see another midfielder and a defender. But probably of the cheap variety on defender. They do have to make 5-7 signings, but a lot of that is the result of some attackers leaving, needing a backup keeper, etc

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Lille's president spoke today (Luis Campos too).
He says 4 to 5 Lille players will leave, Pepe is a certainty he says.
Adds that Pepe will have the choice (which means multiple teams have made the 70-80M offers they were rumored to have had).
Thiago Mendes will leave too, price should be around 30-35M minimum I'd say.
For the other 2-3 I'm not sure. Ikone and Bamba would be better advised to stay since it's their first productive season. Leao is probably too young to move yet as well.
Zelik is a possibility since high quality RB are so rare.
Xeka is also a possibility.

Lopez said he had the best reruitement team in Europe and that they were working on their 2019-2020 starting XI since october (Campos) and that they have their cheap recruits all lined up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's going to be Liverpool or Bayern. No doubt about that part.

If Liverpool doesn't sign him I would like Sarr or Eriksen. Yes I know none of these players plays the same position. Eriksen is close to having just 12 months left on his contract.
Not sure why some of you guys are so in love with Sarr.
His pace is world class, but the rest of his game is not CLOSE to ready. He is making some poor technical plays quite often and is not showing proper vision quite often.
Right now, he's creating danger thanks to his unreal speed with the ball.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
His pace is world class, but the rest of his game is not CLOSE to ready. He is making some poor technical plays quite often and is not showing proper vision quite often.
Liverpool have gotten burned ome signing one tool guys repeatedly in the past before Edwards took over.

I am fully prepared for a summer like Tottenham had last year, where the only move is letting Sturridge walk and replacing him internally with Brewster. Origi is supposedly getting a new contract too.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I love his speed, simple as that. I have faith Liverpool's coaching staff can develop the rest.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's got potential, no doubt, and his speed is undeniable. But there are better options out there IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->