Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't know about that. They have some nice players on loan, CHO and Pulisic coming in as well. It's not terrible.
RLC, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, that's about it. Mount has some good potential, Abraham too, but we can't rely on them next season. Pedro and Willian aren't good enough, and we have no other real/quality strikers. No one has proven production over a full season. And on top of that, Hudson-Odoi is going to be coming off a serious injury.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
This would totally be the antithesis of Chelsea, but I'd trim so much fat off that roster and roll with their academy players.

CHO, Mount, Reece James, Abraham ... bring em' all in.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Chelsea has a lot of talent out there, but I don't think there's much that can contribute right away.

RLC and Hudson-Odoi will get more playtime (I'd frickin hope), Pulisic should start regularly, but beyond that I don't know who they have on loan that would really help them.

I don't think Bakayoko, Batshuayi, Zouma, Abraham or Moses would provide anything but some depth for them at this point.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chelsea doesn't need a ton though. A proper striker and full-backs that fit the system would do wonders. RLC-Jorginho-Kante is good enough for a top 4 finish. It's really about full-backs and building a front 3. Hudson-Odoi if he stays and Pulisic are already the future on the wings, so really need that striker. What we have might not be good enough to compete for a league title or Champions League, but the foundation is there.

It's just Hudson-Odoi is no guarantee to extend his contract, and he and RLC will have durability questions.

There's also a lot of question marks. There is talent, but who knows what production will be like.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I'd rather have question marks with a Reece James, then have an overpaid Zappacosta rotting on the bench.

You'll never know how good they are until you give em' a shot. No one thought McTominay would solidify a position with United, either. Fans give hot-takes, but for the most part, they don't actually follow the kids that closely.

I'm not suggesting a total youth movement, but there's so much dead weight on that roster. I'd rather have home-grown youth filling out the rest of the squad, personally. Especially when they're as talented as Chelsea's.

You're not going to challenge for the title next season, and United and Arsenal more than likely won't be that strong. Could be a perfect time to finally use the academy and build a foundation.

Just a thought.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd rather have question marks with a Reece James, then have an overpaid Zappacosta rotting on the bench.

You'll never know how good they are until you give em' a shot. No one thought McTominay would solidify a position with United, either. Fans give hot-takes, but for the most part, they don't actually follow the kids that closely.

I'm not suggesting a total youth movement, but there's so much dead weight on that roster. I'd rather have home-grown youth filling out the rest of the squad, personally. Especially when they're as talented as Chelsea's.

You're not going to challenge for the title next season, and United and Arsenal more than likely won't be that strong. Could be a perfect time to finally use the academy.

Just a thought.
Oh for sure. James will be much better depth than Zappacosta, and he fits Sarri's system better than Azpilicueta too IMO. I think the youth and loan army can provide the depth for next season, and it'll be a blessing. Hopefully Ampadu can actually have a role to play next season as well. Hopefully Mount has a chance to play the role that RLC played and develop over the season with RLC taking a full-time starting spot.

Reactions: Il Mediano

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Chelsea doesn't need a ton though. A proper striker and full-backs that fit the system would do wonders. RLC-Jorginho-Kante is good enough for a top 4 finish. It's really about full-backs and building a front 3. Hudson-Odoi if he stays and Pulisic are already the future on the wings, so really need that striker. What we have might not be good enough to compete for a league title or Champions League, but the foundation is there.

It's just Hudson-Odoi is no guarantee to extend his contract, and he and RLC will have durability questions.

There's also a lot of question marks. There is talent, but who knows what production will be like.

Right but where do you get a proper striker and good full backs if you can't buy anyone. Unless I'm forgetting someone, they don't have either of those out on loan.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Right but where do you get a proper striker and good full backs if you can't buy anyone. Unless I'm forgetting someone, they don't have either of those out on loan.
I agree, it depends on the CAS appeal. We'll find out within a week or so if we can buy players or not.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I agree, it depends on the CAS appeal. We'll find out within a week or so if we can buy players or not.

Ahh. Yea I'd agree if they can buy players they're fine for a top 4 finish. Should have the funds needed to buy a couple fullbacks and a striker given normal budgets and the fact that they're getting 100m or whatever from Hazard. Also given that I think Arsenal won't do much and United..well..let's just say I'm not exactly expecting a strong campaign.

If they can't buy anyone though, I think it'll be a rough season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ahh. Yea I'd agree if they can buy players they're fine for a top 4 finish. Should have the funds needed to buy a couple fullbacks and a striker given normal budgets and the fact that they're getting 100m or whatever from Hazard. Also given that I think Arsenal won't do much and United..well..let's just say I'm not exactly expecting a strong campaign.

If they can't buy anyone though, I think it'll be a rough season.
Definitely. If we lose Hazard, keep Sarri, and unable to buy players, we won't be good enough defensively to lock things down, and the talent won't be there to outscore opponents.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
  • Tony Vilhena being linked to Betis and Leverkussen. I think his fee will be low; less than 10.
  • Xavier Mbuyamba (17 - MVV from the second divsion) being targeted by Chelsea, Liverpool, Porto, Bayern, Celtic.
  • PSG now interested in Lozano as well. Seems like the 'imminent' deal to Napoli is dead.
  • Jasper Cillessen being linked to Benfica. Reported fee should be anywhere between 15-25M.
  • Arjen Robben wants to play for a few more years. Could be Europe, but I wouldn't rule out the States.
  • Hakim Ziyech is seriously considering staying for another season if the right team doesn't come knocking.
  • Donny van de Beek is beng coveted heavily. Not sure about Ajax being able to keep him onboard anymore. Barca, Real, PSG and are among those interested. I think a possible fee should be between 45-60M.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Henrique is supposed to be after Lozano (which would make my idea of moving Cavani and putting Mbappe at CF right) if they can't get Pepe.
Van de Beek is also an option for them but he's not in their top 3 targets for midfield (Allan tops the list I think).

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They should have to give De Bruyne to United.
The logical solution is that their CL spot and players should go to the team that would have qualified for CL play via the league table but for city. Ergo, arsenal. I for one rue the offloading of Mkhitaryan in order to have him replaced by De Bruyne, or even needing to see Iwobi go so Sane and Sterling can play, but I think, given time, I can cope.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They really should be permanently disallowed from registering every player they took off the wage bill. They were breaking the rules to avoid a points deduction and to allow them to register those players in the first place. It's only fair.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They really should be permanently disallowed from registering every player they took off the wage bill. They were breaking the rules to avoid a points deduction and to allow them to register those players in the first place. It's only fair.
How about tapping up players what punished should those teams receive?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
How about tapping up players what punished should those teams receive?

Six month transfer ban if proven.

The two are not remotely the same thing. If a team breaks wage rules they get a point deduction. They avoided it by taking players off their wage books and giving them to another company. That's not legal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's absolutely hilarious to me see teams get banned over youth academy players.

No, he's not. To everyone who sees the games, it's painfully obvious Lacazette is their best player.
Nope. Not even close.
Ehhhh, not sure I agree with that. Lacazette does more away from the ball and is better at creating chances enough to say he's the best player on Arsenal. But Auba is a much better goalscorer. Lacazette can do more with less, but there have been too many games where he goes invisible and you see Auba on the score sheet. Auba has better instincts in where to go to score while Lacazette has better technique.

And it's very close between the two, anybody saying ANIEC is out lunch and simply wrong.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Liverpool are not going to spend big this summer. They are going to bet the house on Brewster, and maybe Wilson. Puts a lot of pressure on there.

Jürgen Klopp: this is one of best sides Liverpool have ever had

Headline link buries the lead, but in a nutshell Klopp and FSG think the side is "complete" and will only tweak it based on outgoings.

This is generally not how you prepare to try and get at least 95 points again.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but as I said they can.

Surprised no one has said this yet but L’Equipe says that that Hazard to RM is done and will be announced after the Europa League final.

Like a said a couple of weeks ago, Madrid basically have about 35 players for next season already before signing Hazard. So they will also be doing a lot offloading to do. If they sign five players they'll have to sell/loan fifteen players.

• Donny van de Beek is beng coveted heavily. Not sure about Ajax being able to keep him onboard anymore. Barca, Real, PSG and are among those interested. I think a possible fee should be between 45-60M.

I'm sure he's coveted because of the goals he brings. I'd be surprised if we signed him though.

Reactions: Gecklund
Jul 7, 2009
Oriol Domenech who is apparently very reliable when it comes to Barca-Ajax related news mentioned on Cat Radio that there was a meeting between Raiola and Barcelona in April. He said that things such as wages were agreed upon. He states that Bayern and Juventus are interested but De ligt wants to come to Barcelona.

He said nothing was signed but the deal is very advanced. He believes its only a matter of time now with a possible announcement before the end of the month.

There is also talk about the CEO of Atletico Madrid, the sporting director and Simone meeting with Griezman tommorrow to clear up his future.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
There are plenty of reasons to think that De Ligt is going to Barça. Just don't show him a picture of next season's home strip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajacied

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oriol Domenech who is apparently very reliable when it comes to Barca-Ajax related news mentioned on Cat Radio that there was a meeting between Raiola and Barcelona in April. He said that things such as wages were agreed upon. He states that Bayern and Juventus are interested but De ligt wants to come to Barcelona.

He said nothing was signed but the deal is very advanced. He believes its only a matter of time now with a possible announcement before the end of the month.

There is also talk about the CEO of Atletico Madrid, the sporting director and Simone meeting with Griezman tommorrow to clear up his future.
I wonder if we are going to witness the second instalment of Greizz's "the decision" the first was so captivating. Hoping Pique directs it again. Really the whole project was a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad