Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Actually, yes, Benzema is Real's best player. Replacing him with an inferior player is taking a step backwards. They need to shore up the other positions instead.

do you think he should be a starter for french national team?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I mean, Inter could pay that much for Lukaku if they did finally sell Icardi.

Even if Icardi's sold, Inter's not at the stage of dropping 85m on a single player, imo. I'm pretty familiar with their financials and DoF. I can't see it. Like I've said, I think it's very likely we need to shift our opinion of Inter being a poorly run club. Do a little research on Beppe Moratta and his body of work, and you'll get the picture.

If United wants to sell Lukaku, they almost certainly have to accept the fact they overpaid for him and just bite the bullet, I'm afraid. 12 goals and suspect form has done his market value no favors either.

My prediction if he goes to Inter would be a loan with an option/obligation to buy at 55m, possibly with some players in exchange if they absolutely have to lower the cost. (though that would be a pretty complex deal for Woodward, so it makes it unlikely).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Lukaku needs to lose 5-10kg. Averaging 9k or whatever it is per game is just not good enough (might even be slightly below). If so I would take him in a heartbeat at Spurs. Still a "donkey" (no it is not racist) of course, but also at times surprisingly effective.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Even if Icardi's sold, Inter's not at the stage of dropping 85m on a single player, imo. I'm pretty familiar with their financials and DoF. I can't see it. Like I've said, I think it's very likely we need to shift our opinion of Inter being a poorly run club. Do a little research on Beppe Moratta and his body of work, and you'll get the picture.

If United wants to sell Lukaku, they almost certainly have to accept the fact they overpaid for him and just bite the bullet, I'm afraid. 12 goals and suspect form has done his market value no favors either.

My prediction if he goes to Inter would be a loan with an option/obligation to buy at 55m, possibly with some players in exchange if they absolutely have to lower the cost. (though that would be a pretty complex deal for Woodward, so it makes it unlikely).

You could structure a loan and purchase to where it wouldn't be that prohibitive. If they loaned him, they're looking at 8-10 million a season. If you add that to a 55-60 purchase price, in installments, you can get close to the 85, without feeling like they're losing money.

8-10, obligation to buy if he hits reasonable targets, make the purchase price 60 on top of the initial 10, plus 10-15 in additives in reasonable incentives. Spread the purchase price out over three or four windows, and you're kicking enough money down the road to where it's more than doable.

I actually don't dislike Lukaku at all. I think he could score quite a bit in Italy. He's physical, has a better technical ability than people give him credit for, and if he can stay in shape (always the if), they might be able to turn him into a bigger profit in a season or two when Juve or Real came calling.

I'm not saying they have to do that, but I could see it happening.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool: They absolutely can. Could also really help in keeping the team hungry. I don't think that will be a problem next season, especially if for some reason they don't win the CL, but if they win the CL and CL/league next season it probably will be.
Liverpool are not going to spend big this summer. They are going to bet the house on Brewster, and maybe Wilson. Puts a lot of pressure on there.

Jürgen Klopp: this is one of best sides Liverpool have ever had

Headline link buries the lead, but in a nutshell Klopp and FSG think the side is "complete" and will only tweak it based on outgoings.

This is generally not how you prepare to try and get at least 95 points again.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, the going rate for a player of his record and pedigree is probably closer to that than not. Whether that's right or wrong. He's still only 26.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool are not going to spend big this summer. They are going to bet the house on Brewster, and maybe Wilson. Puts a lot of pressure on there.

Jürgen Klopp: this is one of best sides Liverpool have ever had

Headline link buries the lead, but in a nutshell Klopp and FSG think the side is "complete" and will only tweak it based on outgoings.

This is generally not how you prepare to try and get at least 95 points again.

I don't agree at all. They talked a game like this of not spending last year, and then they went out and splurged on Alisson and company. They were minutes and a funky knee exam away from adding another 65 to the total.

I believe they want to integrate youngsters, and I believe they feel Brewster is going to be a player for them. Wilson, I think they'll either loan again or sell with a buyback option.

But I also know they realize they've got this core for only so long, Klopp for only so long, and they have record revenues. Adding players is something they'll do to freshen it up and keep the team hungry. I mean, they're getting 20 for Ings, selling Lallana, Mignolet and they'll see the salary of Sturridge and Moreno come off the books. they don't have to spend, but FSG isn't at the take money out stage yet either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't agree at all. They talked a game like this of not spending last year, and then they went out and splurged on Alisson and company. They were minutes and a funky knee exam away from adding another 65 to the total.

I believe they want to integrate youngsters, and I believe they feel Brewster is going to be a player for them. Wilson, I think they'll either loan again or sell with a buyback option.

But I also know they realize they've got this core for only so long, Klopp for only so long, and they have record revenues. Adding players is something they'll do to freshen it up and keep the team hungry. I mean, they're getting 20 for Ings, selling Lallana, Mignolet and they'll see the salary of Sturridge and Moreno come off the books. they don't have to spend, but FSG isn't at the take money out stage yet either.
We will see. I dont think they are going big

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
We will see. I dont think they are going big
Maybe not big. I wouldn't expect them to break their transfer fee records. But they're going to spend money.

Fabinho was out of left field. That was boxed off in minutes.

I think the club will act decisive, use their momentum, and spend on parts that they feel they need to keep developing. Winning the CL would continue to be a platform to get the deals across the line. They have significant needs, and they're going to fix them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe not big. I wouldn't expect them to break their transfer fee records. But they're going to spend money.

Fabinho was out of left field. That was boxed off in minutes.

I think the club will act decisive, use their momentum, and spend on parts that they feel they need to keep developing. Winning the CL would continue to be a platform to get the deals across the line. They have significant needs, and they're going to fix them.
Maybe?

I dont see them adding to the midfield. Moreno and Clyne they might replace internally. I don't think Klopp wants to block Brewster either.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
They should absolutely add a creative midfielder IMO. Plus a striker, a wide player and a left back.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Surprised no one has said this yet but L’Equipe says that that Hazard to RM is done and will be announced after the Europa League final.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They certainly should add a midfielder. It would be even better if they could be a guy who can provide the link between attack and midfield. I think Keita is that player, but I also think his adjustment proves that adding a part and working them in is a goal.

I think Lallana's deterioration really hurt what Klopp likes to do after 65-70, and that's throw on a linking midfielder who can break down teams at the final third. Henderson has a bit more of that in his locker, but he's been playing deeper. Keita can do it, but I think the plan is to get him in the lineup and press more so than break down. He's also a clear starter for me moving forward when fit (which is an issue).

They basically ran 3-4 players for the entire season. The vast majority of the minutes were Gini, Milner, Fabinho and Henderson. That also includes a run of the first bunch of games where Fabinho didn't play. That amount of minutes on those players, (3 of which are going to be 29 or older starting next season) means they need to add some more youth to the roster. Maybe it's Grujic (though I think they're going to be tempted to take 25-30 with a buyback). Maybe Curtis Jones moves forward. Maybe one of the other kids is ready for minutes (don't think so). I think it's a lot to expect that quartet to have similar seasons. Keita is another body in the mix. But I think you want to have 5-6 guys, and manage Henderson and Milner's minutes more.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
You could structure a loan and purchase to where it wouldn't be that prohibitive. If they loaned him, they're looking at 8-10 million a season. If you add that to a 55-60 purchase price, in installments, you can get close to the 85, without feeling like they're losing money.

8-10, obligation to buy if he hits reasonable targets, make the purchase price 60 on top of the initial 10, plus 10-15 in additives in reasonable incentives. Spread the purchase price out over three or four windows, and you're kicking enough money down the road to where it's more than doable.

Without getting into the minutiae too deeply, it doesn't quite work like that. There's the actual cash (such as spread payments), but there's also the football accounting which is abiding by FFP and that doesn't necessarily align with the real cash changing hands when it does.

Essentially, it gives them the flexibility to postpone payments (outside of wages+loan fee) and push it into the next fiscal cycle after they've accrued more revenue and wiped the slate clean. Inter has been working with this model since the new ownership has been in place. And if there's an option on the loan, well, the benefits are clear as day. You ostensibly get a free look at a guy.

Furthermore, if you add players for a swap deal, to "lower the cost", the delineation of value changes completely. Again, another trick Inter has been using to get around FFP. See Zaniolo+Santon for Radja. If they were to acquire Lukaku permanently, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they tried to move a couple of prospects to United (Irish CB Ryan Nolan comes to mind).

In the last few seasons they've done loans with options/obligations with:

Keita Balde
Politano
Cedric
Vrsaljko
Gagliardini

And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Some of which they're obligated to begin payments on this summer. It's not an uncommon practice in Italy at all. For those that aren't aware Inter just recently got out of their own problems with FFP and UEFA, as seen by the roster restriction penalty they received in European comps this past season. They are by no means in smooth sailing territory yet.

An Icardi sale would definitely change things for them, but I don't think it means they'll drop 85m on a single player, and certainly not for Lukaku.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Mundo Deportivo, not sure about its credibility, mentioned de Ligt to Barca isn't a done deal at all and that Liverpool is now in the running. I can only drool of his partnership with van Dijk, not to mention he can learn the most in the Premier League.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Mundo Deportivo, not sure about its credibility, mentioned de Ligt to Barca isn't a done deal at all and that Liverpool is now in the running. I can only drool of his partnership with van Dijk, not to mention he can learn the most in the Premier League.
I'd obviously love this. He'd be able to play with van Dijk and still get a move to a mega-club in 3-5 years if he wanted.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This makes a lot of sense, but hard for me to believe. Makes a ton of tactical sense. It’s tough to rely on Gomez with his injury history. Gomez would still get minutes at RB (maybe LB too)

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
They certainly should add a midfielder. It would be even better if they could be a guy who can provide the link between attack and midfield. I think Keita is that player, but I also think his adjustment proves that adding a part and working them in is a goal.

I'd say Brandt could be a high reward low risk buy with his £22m buyout clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad