Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I freakin envy the team that gets Felix. He can play wing as well, but I think he'll end up as free roaming forward, ala Messi or the earlier Ronaldo.

Some Ajax gossip:
  • Ajax making a push for Sao Paulo's Antony, who won't come cheaply. AC Milan also in the hunt.
  • Ajax targeting Benjamin Nygren from IFK Göteborg. Manchester United also in the hunt.
  • Ajax and Real are talking about Odegaard. Reported fee will be between 15-20M.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I do not think Liverpool would sign Joao Felix and would sign someone older instead. That being said, before Shaqiri got hurt Klopp was using some bizarre formations. Joao Felix is also the right age to train into playing other roles. Firmino didn’t start as a striker and Mane was a right wing player, things worked out fine when they moved spots.

I also didn’t think they’d sign Fabinho for what it’s worth. That came out of left field too. I believe that guy reported it first.

I think Brandt is the primary target because he has a low release clause. Failing that, a big buy will be incoming. Now that Klopp has the midfield depth and GK he wants, I think Liverpool will not risk the idea of going backwards.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I freakin envy the team that gets Felix. He can play wing as well, but I think he'll end up as free roaming forward, ala Messi or the earlier Ronaldo.

Some Ajax gossip:
  • Ajax making a push for Sao Paulo's Antony, who won't come cheaply. AC Milan also in the hunt.
  • Ajax targeting Benjamin Nygren from IFK Göteborg. Manchester United also in the hunt.
  • Ajax and Real are talking about Odegaard. Reported fee will be between 15-20M.

This is going to be an extremely interesting summer for Ajax. I also do believe that they will lose less players than everyone seems to think.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I do not think Liverpool would sign Joao Felix and would sign someone older instead. That being said, before Shaqiri got hurt Klopp was using some bizarre formations. Joao Felix is also the right age to train into playing other roles. Firmino didn’t start as a striker and Mane was a right wing player, things worked out fine when they moved spots.

I also didn’t think they’d sign Fabinho for what it’s worth. That came out of left field too. I believe that guy reported it first.

I think Brandt is the primary target because he has a low release clause. Failing that, a big buy will be incoming. Now that Klopp has the midfield depth and GK he wants, I think Liverpool will not risk the idea of going backwards.
Nothing transfer target wise has leaked out yet really. I think it could go the other way this summer too it will be interesting

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
No doubt.

After de Jong, I think de Ligt and Ziyech are a given to leave Ajax. Neres and Tagliafico 50/50 and I like the odds of van de Beek, Onana, Veltman and Tadic. Players such as Blind, Mazraoui, Huntelaar and Schöne are pretty much locks to stay. Dolberg could be sold if Ten Hag has no spot for him in the starting fixture. He lacks the character to be second fiddle and it has hurt his development a lot.

I just don't like Ajax to put the emphasis on buying so much, it's not their philosophy. There's a golden generation on the doorstep, but most of them are all at least another year away from contributing significantly. Hopefully they won't go panic mode and overpay for players that might stand in the way those players.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Why would Juve sign him?
His best position is now rarely played in football, it's shadow striker. They have a shadow striker who's about to leave because he never plays...
City could play him, I guess United could play him, I'm not sure at all Pool can play him.

Unless a certain manager leaves.

I wouldn't mind having Felix on the team. I am all for getting young players with great potential, but not at that price when we have bigger needs in defence and midfield.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If you think Juve will hire a full offense coach you're about to be sad.
Again, not their DNA.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Agreed...I think he can play anywhere from CM forward with his skillset. His touch and awareness are just sublime. Very early to say where he will end up but I can definitely see him as a top 5 player in the world he just looks so, so good. I want very badly for Liverpool to sign him.

Some Ajax gossip:

Getting Odegaard and Antony would be massive. Have seen and heard some really good things from Antony; he would allow them to sell Neres without missing a beat.

Reactions: Ajacied

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

Says Real has prioritized Hazard and Pogba, and L’Equipe mentioned ManU would let Pogba leave if Real presents an offer.

ParisUnited mentioned PSG’s interested in Varane but it sounds like he’s close to a contract extension with Real Madrid.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Barca about to finalize the deal that will get them Ludovit Reis (18) from Groningen. They will likely loan him out to Real Betis first. Groningen is a club which could use the money, so they will likely agree on a fee of anywhere between 4 and 7M, I think. Not sure Reis has Barca potential, but he's an intriguing prospect now that he has changed positions. Always was a talented AM during his youth, but has been a marvelous vacuum cleaner for FC Groningen at the #6. Low risk, high reward kind of move.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Odegaard has been fantastic this season. I think he's more than good enough for a move out of the Eredivisie, too. Big clubs other than Ajax should be recruiting him.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax also bought Kjell Scherpen from Emmen yesterday, but they won't make it official until the season is entirely over. Scherpen was a Feyenoord fan growing up and even tweeted he wanted to be Feyenoord's starting goalkeeper a few years ago. Ajax is afraid the disturbance among its ultra's could influence the support they're currently bringing if they were to announce it right now.

Scherpen is a very tall and talented goalkeeper and just 19 years old. He looks like the total package, but he's made a lot of mistakes this season. Something he's also done throughout his youth career. If he can fix that, Ajax might have a keeper (ba dum tss).

Ajax went out and announced it anyway, just a day after Scherpen made another gaffe. Not sure about this one, but his physical attributes can not be taught.

Regarding the bold part; Ajax played that well by making a short clip where he is on detention in the school of Ajax. He had to write down how Ajax is the best club in the Netherlands a hundred times. Van der Sar and Overmars are amazing actors .. :laugh:

Reactions: YNWA14

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
You mean he should sign where everyone here said he should be signing 3 years ago?

Pretty much yeah. With how early he was hyped, it is easy to forget that he is still a young player - younger than de Jong - dominating that league, though. I'd definitely love him to go to Dortmund.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pretty much yeah. With how early he was hyped, it is easy to forget that he is still a young player - younger than de Jong - dominating that league, though. I'd definitely love him to go to Dortmund.
He's very good but he's not the best player in the league, or quite near that level yet. He would do well to play another season in the Eredivisie on a better team (Ajax).

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He's very good but he's not the best player in the league, or quite near that level yet. He would do well to play another season in the Eredivisie on a better team (Ajax).

I've certainly seen some claim he is near that level. I definitely think he is already too good for that league. Why make a permanent move to Ajax for just one year, apart from the obvious fact that Ajax is likely to make a huge profit from it? It's not like young players haven't successfully made moves from other teams in that league to bigger clubs in other leagues.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I've certainly seen some claim he is near that level. I definitely think he is already too good for that league. Why make a permanent move to Ajax for just one year, apart from the obvious fact that Ajax is likely to make a huge profit from it? It's not like young players haven't successfully made moves from other teams in that league to bigger clubs in other leagues.

Who the hell claimed that?

Odegaard isn't dominating the league. Not by a long shot. He has 6 goals and 9 assists for a pretty decent Vitesse side. Hakim Ziyech has been miles better and is becoming a better player in the Eredivisie each and every season and he's in his mid twenties. There are a boat load of talents that faltered after leaving too soon and they now all play for much weaker sides. Nothing wrong with leaving a farming league at the age of 22, not especially if you play big European games, too. He has tons of aspects he still need to improve on and leaving to a bigger league, where there's even more pressure and little to no youth commitment will slow his development.

Frenkie de Jong could've signed with every top side out there a year ago. So did Mathijs de Ligt. They are much better players now because they stayed another season, I'm sure of it.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Who the hell claimed that?

Odegaard isn't dominating the league. Not by a long shot. He has 6 goals and 9 assists for a pretty decent Vitesse side. Hakim Ziyech has been miles better and is becoming a better player in the Eredivisie each and every season and he's in his mid twenties. There are a boat load of talents that faltered after leaving too soon and they now all play for much weaker sides. Nothing wrong with leaving a farming league at the age of 22, not especially if you play big European games, too. He has tons of aspects he still need to improve on and leaving to a bigger league, where there's even more pressure and little to no youth commitment will slow his development.

Frenkie de Jong could've signed with every top side out there a year ago. So did Mathijs de Ligt. They are much better players now because they stayed another season, I'm sure of it.

Odegaard isn't really always playing in an advanced position where you'd expect him to put up a lot of scorer points. The bolded may be true of the EPL, but I wouldn't say it's true of the other big leagues.

I think Odegaard will succeed whether he goes to Ajax or picks a slightly bigger/wealthier club.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There are levels of success though. He has the talent to play for a top club one day if he develops it properly. Plus, with how Ajax is going it's not like there are a ton of teams out there that are more attractive for young, developing players if they want to actually play game in and game out.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Odegaard isn't really always playing in an advanced position where you'd expect him to put up a lot of scorer points.

Yes, he does. He gets a lot of room up front; often hovering in the center or on the flanks. He's their most creative player so Vitesse likes to run every attack through him and hope he or Linssen finish the job. He's among the top of the ranking in terms of touches league wide.

The bolded may be true of the EPL, but I wouldn't say it's true of the other big leagues.
I think Odegaard will succeed whether he goes to Ajax or picks a slightly bigger/wealthier club.

There are only a handful of teams other than Ajax I can imagine where he would flourish and even then I think the Eredivisie suits him much more during this stage of his career. He'll be eaten alive in England and Italy right now. In France you have Lyon and perhaps Lille or Marseille, in Germany there's Dortmund, perhaps Leipzig or Frankfurt. I doubt Real will loan him out to close competitors in Spain and I doubt he'll want to fight relegation with Rayo or Huesca.

He and Real are up for a big choice.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
3 years ago, we said he'd be wise to join Ajax, Monaco or Porto.
3 years later, he hopes to join Ajax.

Monaco would be a good pressure-less environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad