Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
After Salah's agent now Klopp himself laughed at the rumors about a rift with Salah.

So that further prove that you should not believe Marca or France regarding news fron England.

Does it mean Salah is immune to a move? no but Salah nor Coutinho ever had a problem with Klopp as a coach. The names that had issue(s) with Klopp is very slim... I can say Sakho, Perisic and that's pretty much it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, supposedly Coutinho wanted to play further up. He also made Klopp a bit upset with how it all went down, but yeah, I don’t think a lot of players have a lot bad to say about Klopp. Some who don’t play might not, as he doesn’t like some players and they go, but that’s typical.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Salah is 100% not leaving, beyond the supposed spat that never happened. Players don't ask to leave teams like this one. It is beyond the aspect of which club it is at this point, the collection of talent at the club is special and they believe in their ability to win for years. This is the best transfer job a team of our rebuilding stature has pulled off in ages. Suarez said it best in an interview the other day.

Luis Suárez: ‘Any player would like to go to Liverpool now. It was different then’

“I understand what they’re going through and it can’t be easy but I think with us it was different because it was: ‘now or never’, a one-off. When I was there, it was very different. We were on the verge of the Premier League with a squad nowhere near as good. They didn’t spend as much as they’re doing now. Any player would like to go to Liverpool now. It was different then. If we’d won the league, I think it would have been an even bigger achievement than if this team do.

“The front three are very quick, technically gifted, so much talent; they’re players who make the difference and Liverpool’s results depend on them. The kind of players you’d love to play with, with the level you’d expect for a club like Liverpool, built to win the Premier League and the Champions League. They also know how to approach games. Maybe we didn’t handle that so well. What happened with Stevie was bad luck, but take Crystal Palace: these days, you’d say: ‘No, play calmly, we’re 3-0 up, City have to win in midweek and the weekend.’ But we felt that urge to score, we went forward thinking we could be champions on goal difference. That was the mistake of being ‘too young’.”

Could this Liverpool learn from that one, then? From those mistakes? “Maybe, but it’s more about their own experience: this is the second season they’re strong, last year they reached the Champions League final.”

I wish he'd come back.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
After Salah's agent now Klopp himself laughed at the rumors about a rift with Salah.

So that further prove that you should not believe Marca or France regarding news fron England.

Does it mean Salah is immune to a move? no but Salah nor Coutinho ever had a problem with Klopp as a coach. The names that had issue(s) with Klopp is very slim... I can say Sakho, Perisic and that's pretty much it.
Que???

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
@Juve

1) Juve should screw off

Haha.
We are coming for all your players. First Manolas and the Zaniolo.

2) That Higuain situation might end up pretty messy for Juventus. They were obviously hoping he'd kick-on in England and they'd rid themselves of that contract. Might not be so easy, now.

Higuain should have never been bought by the team, especially for 94 million!

3) Yeah, I've been talking to my pals in Naples. A lot of them want him gone, which just seems odd to me. I think Insigne's a really good player, and he's a local lad as well. Wouldn't be my preference to see him leave, but whatever. I think they should cash-out on Mertens while they still can.

The team has regressed with Ancolletti. I agree they should sell Mertens and Callejon first, but I can understand why they want to sell him.

4) lol..Malcom. Who could've foreseen him riding the bench at Barca?... oh yeah, everyone. No sympathy for that kid after what his representatives pulled with Roma.

That's what he gets for pulling a dick move.

5) Love Gigi. He's a shadow of his former self, but if he wants to keep playing, who are we to suggest otherwise. It's his life, and he's a legend of pure class.

I just don't want to see my second all time favourite player look he's past his prime on the field.

6) Don't do this to me, Spurs. Not like this.

I wouldn't worry too much about the spurs. They don't spend money.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
If Dortmund and Leipzig want Dzeko, by all means, he's yours. Please take him.

So tired of that guy.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why?
He's a fantastic young midfielder.

Too many of those types of players already in the team. Sergio Gomez has played less than one minute this season and a very respectable player Kagawa was sent on loan. We haven't gotten maximum value out of the CM's in the squad, and part of it is the sheer number of similar style players with a coach who overplays a CM runner like Delaney. The "8" position next season should be Goetze as the starter with Delaney as the back up. Gomez can play some as a back up on the "8", "10" and the winger positions. We need to start playing him more, and I'd like Kagawa to be brought back as the "10" back up.

We need 1-2 fullbacks, 1-2 wingers, and maybe a CF, depending on if Isak is given a role in the squad next season. Aside from that, Dortmund needs to clear out the squad rather than buying talented young players for the sake of it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Dortmund and Leipzig want Dzeko, by all means, he's yours. Please take him.

So tired of that guy.

He's declined, but we'd bring him in as a player who can play roughly half of the games, and split time with a different style striker like Alcacer. We need a central striker who can win headers. We don't have any attacker in our squad who is better than average at winning headers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Too many of those types of players already in the team. Sergio Gomez has played less than one minute this season and a very respectable player Kagawa was sent on loan. We haven't gotten maximum value out of the CM's in the squad, and part of it is the sheer number of similar style players with a coach who overplays a CM runner like Delaney. The "8" position next season should be Goetze as the starter with Delaney as the back up. Gomez can play some as a back up on the "8", "10" and the winger positions. We need to start playing him more, and I'd like Kagawa to be brought back as the "10" back up.

We need 1-2 fullbacks, 1-2 wingers, and maybe a CF, depending on if Isak is given a role in the squad next season. Aside from that, Dortmund needs to clear out the squad rather than buying talented young players for the sake of it.
Basically every team needs a Lopez.
He's taylor made for Barca or at least the spanish league. Fantastic playmaker out of midfield.
He can play 8 or 10.

Reactions: Gecklund

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
We need a central striker who can win headers. We don't have any attacker in our squad who is better than average at winning headers.

Despite his height, Dzeko's really not that great in the air, imo.

He can still hold the ball up relatively well and bring others into play, but I wouldn't be expecting someone who's willing to fight for possession in the air that consistently. The guy is super lazy most nights. It's just neutrals only see him for CL games or big matches and get a skewed opinion. He puts in a respectable effort 1/4 games.

I dunno, I think the Bundesliga would probably be too fast and aggressive for him at this point, but it all depends on how you use him, I guess. He'll slow down your pace of play a ton. Say goodbye to playing anything resembling counter-attacking football whilst he's on the pitch and say goodbye to any kind of high-press. He won't do it.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The Pogba demanding to go and already having agreed to terms with Real rumors have started.

If that’s true, I’m not sure that’s a good sign of leadership. Being the captain he could at least wait until summer.

If it’s true.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The Pogba demanding to go and already having agreed to terms with Real rumors have started.

If that’s true, I’m not sure that’s a good sign of leadership. Being the captain he could at least wait until summer.

If it’s true.
I think it's agent job to find and agree terms not Pogba himself.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

If it’s true.
Didn't gerrard put in a transfer request for Chelsea

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Didn't gerrard put in a transfer request for Chelsea

I’m not sure that’s relevant to a Pogba discussion. But I guess what about isms are a way to go.

If you want to make the comparison it’s not the same. He did, but he also stayed. If I’m not right, it’s been a while, but I think it at least waited until the window opened.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean, everyone knows Captain Salah is a quitter since AS reported he wanted to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad