Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
well, isn't that lovely...

Pjanic wasn't enough for ya apparently. Had to go release clause hunting back in Rome a second time, I see. Too fun.

I will likely puke a little the first time I see Kostas in a Juventus shirt. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would it really shock you if out forward "signings" would be Brewster and Wilson?
No.

Klopp has already hinted at not making any major signings this summer so it wouldn't be shocking at all.

Doesn't stop me from hoping though. Memphis might come at a cut rate right now and is very close with Wijnaldum who has been our best and most consistent midfielder this season. I wouldn't put it past Klopp to take a chance on a player with that kind of upside. The way he's been going with signings at Liverpool Memphis might actually realize his vast potential.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Sad, but possible, Bayern might no longer be interested in buying Hudson-Odoi. Get well soon.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Not sure how much insight he might have in a portuguese player. But when it come to french players my experience is that this guy knows what he's talking about

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Probably ends up at City if true. Doubt he goes to United over any of the other 3. Liverpool would be the dream.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd obviously love him at United, but I just can't see why he'd go there at this point.

If they manage top 4 that helps, but there's still a long way to go before you could reasonably say they're challenging for titles either domestically or continentally. At City, Liverpool, and Juve, you're assuming you're competing for domestic and european titles regularly for the foreseeable future.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
If it's actually going to cost 120m to get the kid, I wouldn't even sign him if I were United.

They aren't in a position to be spending that much on a 19-year-old, imo.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If it's actually going to cost 120m to get the kid, I wouldn't even sign him if I were United.

They aren't in a position to be spending that much on a 19-year-old, imo.
Especially a 19 year old in the only position on the field that they actually have good options

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Especially a 19 year old in the only position on the field that they actually have good options

Yeah man, there's so much work to do. Dropping 120 on a kid that will want to leave for Madrid in 3-5 years doesn't really solve their problems.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The cost is why I also think it would be City in pole position. They just don't give a **** about their spending.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not sure how much insight he might have in a portuguese player. But when it come to french players my experience is that this guy knows what he's talking about

As I said a few days ago, Liverpool will make one big signing. Have to make sure the players know the club wants to win. These long European campaigns, additional TV money, teams buying players from us that the club no longer wants, and increased sponsorship are financing our transfer activity. That being said the player has Juve written all over him and Dybala's sale will finance it.

There's pretty much no chance of him going to United with the other teams in play. United firstly and most importantly has to sign a #9 and some central midfielders who know how to play football. Pretty sure Lukaku is going to be sold.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Why would Juve sign him?
His best position is now rarely played in football, it's shadow striker. They have a shadow striker who's about to leave because he never plays...
City could play him, I guess United could play him, I'm not sure at all Pool can play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad