Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
There are levels of success though. He has the talent to play for a top club one day if he develops it properly. Plus, with how Ajax is going it's not like there are a ton of teams out there that are more attractive for young, developing players if they want to actually play game in and game out.

Hmmm, I guess we disagree about how far along he is. He looks fantastic to me. I'd say his combination of dangerous passing rate (third in the league in key passing rate) on top of being one of the top midfielders/attackers in interception/tackle rate while not having a dominant team support makes him one of the best players in the league.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Yes, he does. He gets a lot of room up front; often hovering in the center or on the flanks. He's their most creative player so Vitesse likes to run every attack through him and hope he or Linssen finish the job. He's among the top of the ranking in terms of touches league wide.

Getting a lot of touches is generally indicative of a player who doesn't play close to the goal though. The closer a player starts to the goal, the more the defense is likely to prevent that player from even getting touches. I know he played on the wing a fair amount, but looking at some of his heat maps, he looks like a guy who doesn't always get his touches super close to goal. All of his goals scored are from outside the box, and some of them were extremely impressive distance shots where the defense is set. I definitely don't think he's getting easy scorer points from making simple passes on counter attacks or anything. He still has a lot of defenders to overcome to make those plays.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I can´t believe me saying this, as I have always felt Ødegaard has been overrated, but I do think RM actually got a proper decision to make this summer - he has become that good. As good as Ajax are right now in the CL it is hard to say he is "too good" for Ajax, but in terms of him taking the next step in a tougher league I do believe that is now true.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Di Marzio:

“Because the dynamics after what happened this year between Inter and its former captain leave this possibility open. Now, all the clubs understand that Mauro is easier to reach than in the past as they can spend less than the €110M release clause. I believe that a transfer can be done but only through an exchange. With Napoli, it is complicated given the wage that Icardi is making. Same thing applies with Cavani but it is the other way around as Inter wouldn’t be able to afford his €12M per year in wages. As of right now, the only concrete option is to do an exchange and I would say with Manchester United for Lukaku.

What'd I tell ya.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Haha, I wouldn't trust Wanda in this case, man. She says a lot of things. Inter want him gone, and have since Beppe Marotta was hired.

He wants to change the culture at Inter, and the first step is to remove Icardi.

Personally, I wouldn't touch Icardi if I were United, but I wouldn't underestimate Ed's ability to do the wrong thing. The dude loves a big name signing and has no concept of team building.

Who knows if it will happen, but it's definitely on the table, my friend. Which was my point from the beginning. Inter will be in the market for an established goal-scorer.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Juve 'serious about Manolas'
By Football Italia staff
Juventus are reportedly ‘serious’ about paying the €36m release clause of Roma defender Kostas Manolas.
According to Corriere dello Sport, announcement of the transfer could be made as early as the end of the season.
The newspaper writes agent Mino Raiola played ‘an important role’ in pushing the 27-year-old to Turin.
Raiola already represents Moise Kean and brokered deals to take Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba to the club in the past.
The Bianconeri have been linked with defenders as Andrea Barzagli will retire this summer and Giorgio Chiellini turns 35 later this year.
Juve signed Manolas’ former teammate Miralem Pjanic from Roma in 2016, spending €32m to buy him out of his contract.

Chelsea to send back Higuain?
By Football Italia staff
Chelsea reportedly have ‘no intention’ of keeping Gonzalo Higuain, whom Juventus could now offer to Inter for Mauro Icardi.
Tuttomercatoweb claims Chelsea have been put off by Higuain’s ‘bad performances’ since arriving in January.
The Blues had options to buy the striker or extend his loan by another season, but they are currently appealing a transfer ban, while he has scored just four goals in 14 appearances.
The website explains this is a problem for Juve, who will be lumbered with his €9.5m salary again in the summer.
However, a solution could lie with Inter as they may include him in possible negotiations for Icardi.
On the other hand, TMW warns the Nerazzurri are not interested in the 31-year-old, having already rejected him last summer, when the Old Lady included him in a 55m offer.

Report: Napoli to sell Insigne
By Football Italia staff
Napoli will reportedly sell Lorenzo Insigne this summer - and the forward would have no shortage of suitors.
According to Corriere dello Sport, Insigne’s relationship with Napoli has broken after their fans turned on him once more against Arsenal last week.
In turn, the Partenopei are ‘ready’ to move on from their captain, who remained a substitute during their 2-1 defeat to Atalanta and is valued at ‘no less than €70m’.
The newspaper explains Liverpool, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain are the clubs at the front of the queue for the 27-year-old.
However, Sport Mediaset does not rule out interest from Bayern Munich, who need replacements for Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, and Inter.
The Nerazzurri are being tipped to sell Mauro Icardi this summer and Napoli wanted him to replace Gonzalo Higuain in 2016, fuelling talk of a possible swap

Milan eye Malcom swoop?
By Football Italia staff
Milan have reportedly opened talks with Malcom over a summer swoop for the Barcelona attacker.
Corriere dello Sport cites sources in Spain that claim Milan representatives met members of Malcom’s camp to discuss a transfer.
The Brazilian pulled out of a proposed move to Roma at the 11th hour to join Barca last summer, but he has started just three League games this season.
The newspaper adds the Rossoneri made an enquiry in January but were told the 22-year-old would cost ‘at least €50m’.
Samba influence is growing at San Siro, with sporting director Leonardo already bringing in Lucas Paqueta.

Buffon: PSG or Juventus return?
By Football Italia staff

Gianluigi Buffon could reportedly decide against a new PSG contract, so he could return to Juventus as a club director.
According to SportMediaset, the 41-year-old goalkeeper is considering his options as we come towards the end of this season.
While a few months ago there were rumours he was negotiating a new and extended deal with Paris Saint-Germain, now it’s suggested he is ready to hang up his gloves after one year in France.
His agent Silvano Martina will reportedly be in Paris next week to discuss the situation with player and club.
If Buffon does not sign a new contract, or Paris Saint-Germain don’t activate their option to add another year, then he is expected to return to Turin as a director at Juventus.
He’d join former teammate Pavel Nedved, who is currently the Vice-President.
“I spent nine months in a wonderful city, was welcomed warmly and shown a lot of affection. I am very happy to have made the choice to come to Paris,” Buffon told the club website.
“I wanted to experience a new football environment and a new city in my life too and I must admit, I have fulfilled those needs. I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and learn new things. I learned French and I know in future all of this experience will help me.”

Buffon should retired at the end of last season.

Reports: Spurs keen on Zaniolo
By Football Italia staff
Reports in Italy claim Tottenham Hotspur have made a €50m bid for Roma and Italy starlet Nicolo Zaniolo.
La Repubblica writes Tottenham are ready to offer €50m for Zaniolo – €5m more than what Juventus are prepared to spend.
Spurs broke their transfer record when they signed Erik Lamela from Roma in the summer of 2013.
However, the newspaper warns he will only be sold for €100m.
Gazzetta dello Sport’s Nicolo Schiro goes one step further by claiming Tottenham have already made the offer.
Furthermore, talks would be ‘ongoing’ between their chairman Daniel Levy and Giallorossi consultant Franco Baldini, who is based in London.
The attacking midfielder has scored six goals and provided two assists in 33 appearances this season, as well as picking up his first two Italy caps.

Last edited:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
@Juve

1) Juve should screw off

2) That Higuain situation might end up pretty messy for Juventus. They were obviously hoping he'd kick-on in England and they'd rid themselves of that contract. Might not be so easy, now.

3) Yeah, I've been talking to my pals in Naples. A lot of them want him gone, which just seems odd to me. I think Insigne's a really good player, and he's a local lad as well. Wouldn't be my preference to see him leave, but whatever. I think they should cash-out on Mertens while they still can.

4) lol..Malcom. Who could've foreseen him riding the bench at Barca?... oh yeah, everyone. No sympathy for that kid after what his representatives pulled with Roma.

5) Love Gigi. He's a shadow of his former self, but if he wants to keep playing, who are we to suggest otherwise. It's his life, and he's a legend of pure class.

6) Don't do this to me, Spurs. Not like this.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’ll cost too much for what we are going to want to pay, but I think we should be willing to spend a little more for a top talent. He’ll be sold for three times as much in a few years.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I like how in the Higuain part, Juve seems to think he'd be a net positive in a deal with Inter. Giroud should probably be starting over him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It’s actually a shrewd move, if the cost is resonable. He becomes a mentor and it insulates Martínez. He’s also proven in that league.
He'll just repeat what he did at Milan, on massive wages. Chelsea at least made some sense since he already knew the system.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Get it Klopp. I'm convinced (read, I'm convincing myself) that all Memphis is missing is a good environment and a good coach. Klopp and the current Liverpool can take him to the next level; I just can't see (read, don't want to see) him not being an absolutely elite player.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Get it Klopp. I'm convinced (read, I'm convincing myself) that all Memphis is missing is a good environment and a good coach. Klopp and the current Liverpool can take him to the next level; I just can't see (read, don't want to see) him not being an absolutely elite player.

Klopp does not need to babysit his players. Depay IMO is going to Italy. My feeling is AC Milan.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

I would be in favor of him joining the Reds, but I don't think Memphis will take the next step. He's been this inconsistent since his youth days. What you'll see is what you'll get. Hope I am wrong though and I do like the thought of Klopp and Depay. Getting away from an underachieving Lyon side is only fitting right now.

Reactions: YNWA14

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
RMC says Herrera to PSG is done.
Smart signing on a free.

I've assumed it was happening for a while, just keep waiting on it to be official.

I think he'll be very good there. At times at United he was asked to do too much and suffered for it, but when he's allowed to play his game he can be fantastic.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Not sure about the source, but it's pretty much a given he joins them during the summer.

Other rumors:
  • Bayern after Ziyech and Ten Hag. Ten Hag was Pep's assistant at Bayern a few years ago, so this makes sense.
  • PSG want Donny van de Beek
  • Real apparently want to hold on to Odegaard. Ajax remains interested, but so do plenty of other big teams.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad