Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 9: Alex Morgan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Rumour is Arsenal and Chelsea are figuring out a swap deal at the moment. Not much more information our there past that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Saw that too. Interesting because Pearce is very rarely off beat with these things. Let’s see what happens. Maybe a financially discrepancy near the finish line or a bad medical? Brewster has a bad knee.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think the Brewster deal works for all parties. I would like to see him get a run of matches, but I don't think he's going to get enough time to play in Liverpool. If the Buyback is for 25ish-30, I'm completely fine with that. If he goes down there, tears it up, buy him back and play him.
Yeah I think that’s all fair. Expecting around 35m for buy back though. Would rather he would up at Sheffield that at Palace though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Where are those rumors coming from? There have been some rumblings that Frank isn't happy with Hudson-Odoi, but the same people have also reported that he isn't going anywhere this window.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Where are those rumors coming from? There have been some rumblings that Frank isn't happy with Hudson-Odoi, but the same people have also reported that he isn't going anywhere this window.
I also don't see the route to playing time for Odoi...Guendouzi...what for? Kante leaving?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I also don't see the route to playing time for Odoi...Guendouzi...what for? Kante leaving?
Frank wants a DM, if the rumor is legit, it's either as a backup to Rice or an indication that Rice isn't happening and we are moving on to plan B.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
No reason to bring in another winger when we have Pepe, Nelson, Saka, Aubameyang, Martinelli and Willian. It is our most stacked postition and one of the least important positions on the pitch. Abraham should be targeted instead, or Giroud, for a plan B. But it will be a homegrown player I am sure, we need to get homegrowns in and none homegrowns out to even register Aouar before Liverpool.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nothing too reliable, some of the bigger Arsenal and Chelsea blogs and the tweet below, so take it with a grain of salt. Looks like we want a home grown player and Lampard likes Douzi or something along those lines.

Again, take it with a gran of salt, pure rumours at this point.

Reactions: Cassano

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
18 year old Dinamo defender Josko Gvardiol will sign for RB Leipzig over Leeds United; Leeds were offering more money + higher wages but he chose Leipzig (probably for development reasons and CL). He will likely stay at Dinamo for at least the first half of the season on loan if not the entire season. Promising prospect though he has struggled a bit last few games

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No reason to bring in another winger when we have Pepe, Nelson, Saka, Aubameyang, Martinelli and Willian. It is our most stacked postition and one of the least important positions on the pitch. Abraham should be targeted instead, or Giroud, for a plan B. But it will be a homegrown player I am sure, we need to get homegrowns in and none homegrowns out to even register Aouar before Liverpool.
I think Hudson Odoi is a backup plan because they weren’t able to get Zaha. Nelson would probably need to be loaned out/sold.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If we are making Hudson-Odoi available, I'm sure we'd just go to West Ham to figure out what sort of deal can be made for Rice.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Interesting to see LFC after Jonathan David before the Jota signing.

LFC definitely wanted a guy with end product. David certainly made a mockery of the Belgian League.

David could have been in frame, but he went very early in the window, before LFC was ready to move. Which is fine, fair play. I’m sure they will keep an eye on him at Lille.

the biggest mistake LFC made when the sold Suarez was they tried to get all the squad pieces in first instead of spending that money on a legit replacement. When it got down to the deadline, the only options left were Balotelli (lol) and a washed Eto’o. LFC obviously liked David but probably didn’t want to pay for him early if it would have cost them the chance to sign Thiago.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
CHO going to Arsenal seems like a fantasy. He just rejected a move to Bayern not long ago and signed a new contract, but in the first year of his new contract he wants to bail and go to Arsenal?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
CHO going to Arsenal seems like a fantasy. He just rejected a move to Bayern not long ago and signed a new contract, but in the first year of his new contract he wants to bail and go to Arsenal?
Wasn’t the Bayern move last year? CHO had a bad season and Chelsea bought in three new attackers which means even less game time. At some point, he’ll need to go to a team that will start him. That being said, I also question why he believes Arsenal would be that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad