Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 9: Alex Morgan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He hasn’t been starting the first few games this season, but I think it’s because they know he’s leaving. No reason to start him when you have another capable starter. Dest was first choice last season. He was one of their best players last season.

It's because he wouldn't have been first choice last season if they had a viable alternative. I guess I'd have to see what your measurement of 'one of their best players' means, but he was not a top 5 player for Ajax last season for example (random number). He may have been in the top 10.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Selling both your RBs is, and that's the short answer.
We’ve been over this about realistically how many players they can sell of this window. Didn’t imply they need to get rid of him now. He like so many shouldn’t be on the team but it takes time.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
My point is only that the two are literally a day apart in age. Bayern has shown interest in both. It was said that Bayern is not a good place to develop Dest. Bayern developed Davies. It was said that Dest is clearly the backup because he didn’t start as many games two seasons ago as Mazraoui. All I said is that looking at age 17 seasons when talking about 19 years olds is kinda silly.

I'm so confused.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He hasn’t been starting the first few games this season, but I think it’s because they know he’s leaving. No reason to start him when you have another capable starter. Dest was first choice last season. He was one of their best players last season.
Hmm I thought so too, but he's been getting appearances off the bench in both matches this season.

Perhaps @Ajacied can clarify the situation seeing as he watches all their games.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What he’s saying makes sense. Dest isn’t the player he was at 17 he’s now older and him not being a starter at 17 is irrelevant right now. I think that’s what he’s saying.
I'm still confused.

Not sure what Dest was at 17 has to do with anything.

Not sure what Davies being brought in the convo is for.

I am out of the loop

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm okay with their current 3 CB + Fabinho/Milner/Wijnaldum plan. They should play van den Berg in the cups though. If Matip is out for a month he will miss only three league matches.

All those guys have played CB in games that we won.

No more signings for Liverpool. Fabinho as beast fourth CB it is.

I’m okay with the 3+ plan. I’m not okay with the 2+ plan because Matip can’t stay on the field. LFC are probably done for the window, and it’s hard to complain, but would really prefer one more CB. Koumetio is banged up too.

Don’t need to get into a bidding war over a guy like Kounde but bring in a vet who can play limited minutes and be able to deal with those strikers that want to put you in a headlock like Chris Wood and Troy Deeney.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
We’ve been over this about realistically how many players they can sell of this window. Didn’t imply they need to get rid of him now. He like so many shouldn’t be on the team but it takes time.

Well there's that too. He should be on the team.

Mate, considering all the rumours currently with your club, you should be fortunate that Koeman hasn't decided to full on sell him!

They're not selling the majority of the younger players they should be keeping.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thiago Silva didn't reject PSG to leave on a free.
PSG wouldn't resign him. Just like Cavani.
Not because he's not good enough but because Leonardo wanted to free some money and to move on from some older players in the squad.
Silva didn't sign with Chelsea until very late because he waited for a PSG offer.
Then Tuchel pushed for one after the CL final but things were too advanced with Chelsea.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Lorient sign 21-year old Nigerian striker Terem Moffi for €8m from KV Kortrijk

Pretty surreal for a small Belgian club like Kortrijk. Signed him earlier this year from a Lithuanian club, and he only played 7 games for them so far.
They have on of the smallest budgets in the Belgian League, about €13m I believe, and their previous outgoing transfer record was €3m.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
File this one away.

Liverpool had Jonathan David behind Jota and Sarr on their shortlist for an attacker this summer according to James Pearce. He was 3rd on the list though and went the earliest.

Also Rhian Brewster to Crystal Palace for 25m and a Buyback looks like it’s happening today. Fine with it as long as the buyback is reasonable.

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
How tf are clubs still shelling out large amounts of money for Morata? How many times does it take?

he only just hit Atleti’s books July 2020

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
File this one away.

Liverpool had Jonathan David behind Jota and Sarr on their shortlist for an attacker this summer according to James Pearce. He was 3rd on the list though and went the earliest.

Also Rhian Brewster to Crystal Palace for 25m and a Buyback looks like it’s happening today. Fine with it as long as the buyback is reasonable.

I think the Brewster deal works for all parties. I would like to see him get a run of matches, but I don't think he's going to get enough time to play in Liverpool. If the Buyback is for 25ish-30, I'm completely fine with that. If he goes down there, tears it up, buy him back and play him.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
How tf are clubs still shelling out large amounts of money for Morata? How many times does it take?

he only just hit Atleti’s books July 2020

f2719670-6576-4a59-a13f-7666fcce5da3_text.gif

Hopefully it remains at an optional buy at the end because it could end up better than signing Dzeko for 17 million. This is definitely a panic move.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Suarez to Atletico done
Seeing that news makes me sad... I wanted him gone but still. The heart is funny like that. I’ll be forever grateful for the joy he brought me. Wish him the best. He’s an incredible player and an incredible teammate. It hurts to see him go but it must be done. Deserves all the respect. El pistolero

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
File this one away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad