Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 9: Alex Morgan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You know of Lyon's financial problems? :facepalm:
Because between the firesale going on and the CL run, they just made a whopping 180M euros. You think they will bow down to Arsenal and accept 40M? Keep dreaming.
Hard to take this post serious camarade when 40 pounds million is just the base pay, which is 45 million Euros and eventually has 10 million pounds worth of add-ons that translates to 55 million Euros. If Lyon says no to that, they can get relegated for all I care.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Addons doesn't mean they're reached "camarade".
Aulas wants 60M, and he'll get keep Captain Aouar without a problem.
And to be honest, just about everyone is expecting Aouar to either move to a bigger club or not move at all. People have pointed to players like Lacazette moving for the sake of moving and wasting their time, career and NT selections.
Lyon has every right to say no, they don't need the money, and the fact you said 1/ they'd be stupid not to accept and 2/ they should feel lucky Arsenal offers less than what they expect shows both a lack of knowledge of the situation and a completely irrealist view of Arsenal's place in the football world.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Probably more than we would've liked, but hopefully our scouting was better this time around. If Mendy can be above average, then who cares what we spent.
Even if he's just average, that is a fair price for him and it will be a huge improvement. If we were getting even average goalkeeping from Kepa, he'd be fine even if we paid way too much for him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Even if he's just average, that is a fair price for him and it will be a huge improvement. If we were getting even average goalkeeping from Kepa, he'd be fine even if we paid way too much for him.
Now we just gotta complete that swap with Arsenal. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Blender

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London

L'Equipe is worth paying attention to, I'm sure.

The phrase 'in regular contact' tickles me, though.

Couldn't that just mean that Liverpool are regularly saying, 'Do you fancy selling Mbappe?' and Real Madrid are regularly responding, 'f*** off'?

Oh, wow, thoughts I my turn into can't any words more.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If by some miracle Mbappe ends up in Liverpool, I want the Liverpool fans to agree to never complain about FSG again.

Reactions: Blender

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Rather not do that tbh. I am fully attached to our players at this point even knowing Mbappe is better than them.

Yeah, but Mbappe would be worth so much. Not only on the pitch but from a branding perspective too. Salah, Mane, Van Dijk, Henderson, Thiago are all in their early 30s/late 20s, getting some younger blood in is necessary too.

Upgrading the salary of the squad has probably cost a lot. But the lack of spending over the last years could also be them waiting for a monster player like Mbappe. Nike, lack of spending, Klopp mentioning next time a player like Mbappe is available Liverpool need to be there (When he left Monaco for PSG) etc. I just have a feeling.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, of course it is. Though there is a bunch of internet hypothesis stuff around Mbappe and Liverpool. They’ve played it coy around him, and he’s said a few things about Liverpool. If they got a windfall they were expecting, I think there’s an outside shot they could find most of the money. Nike also certainly wouldn’t complain. But I do think it coincides with one of Salah or Mane deciding to find a new challenge. I’m ok with that. Mbappe is a once in a lifetime player, even if he rationally would only be with Liverpool for 4-5 seasons at the utmost.

I don’t think there’s a snow balls chance he ends up in Liverpool, but if he wanted a new challenge, I could see it being intriguing. I know before he went to PSG Klopp gave him the hard sell, and maybe there’s some admiration for both. Some guys do want to be managed by the best (hey, it worked for Thiago), and maybe there’s a world where he considers it. With Klopp, they are most certainly a top 3-4 destination for any player.

But I’m not getting my hopes up even if it’s funny to watch and laugh at the Mbappe2020 and now Mbappe2021 stuff.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Meh, there's going to be a ton of rumours linking Liverpool to Sancho and Mbappe for the forseeable future. I'm happy with the team we have. There's no need to go super hard for either of them especially if it were to come at the cost of one of our guys already. If they were willing to come in and be rotational players then sure but that won't happen.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think there’s something to be said for freshening up the front. At some point, one of the three might want a different challenge and that’s ok. It is healthy. I wouldn’t make a move until that’s the case, but maybe you find a way to play Firmino in midfield. Maybe you see a drop off this season? I don’t know, there’s a lot of games to be played. But I think the club would be silly to say this the only thing they can do.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Addons doesn't mean they're reached "camarade".
Aulas wants 60M, and he'll get keep Captain Aouar without a problem.
And to be honest, just about everyone is expecting Aouar to either move to a bigger club or not move at all. People have pointed to players like Lacazette moving for the sake of moving and wasting their time, career and NT selections.
Lyon has every right to say no, they don't need the money, and the fact you said 1/ they'd be stupid not to accept and 2/ they should feel lucky Arsenal offers less than what they expect shows both a lack of knowledge of the situation and a completely irrealist view of Arsenal's place in the football world.
I never said that Lyon needs to accept it bruv lol, they can decline it milliseconds if they want. What I suggesting is that's as good of a deal they're going to find in this covid climate. You can say 180 million Euros all you want, but they're going to be in the negatives for a quite a while especially this season when they missed Europe all together - something that doesn't happen. The same situation happened to the Arsenal as well, we lost a lot of revenue for not making the CL and we're barely able to get a 60 million euro deal for Aouar. Teams tend to switch to an environment that becomes the norm - such as playing in Europe competition - and when that's lost a lot of change is needed and money needs to be cut as soon as possible. 55 million Euros for Aouar is a good deal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I never said that Lyon needs to accept it bruv lol, they can decline it milliseconds if they want. What I suggesting is that's as good of a deal they're going to find in this covid climate. You can say 180 million Euros all you want, but they're going to be in the negatives for a quite a while especially this season when they missed Europe all together - something that doesn't happen. The same situation happened to the Arsenal as well, we lost a lot of revenue for not making the CL and we're barely able to get a 60 million euro deal for Aouar. Teams tend to switch to an environment that becomes the norm - such as playing in Europe competition - and when that's lost a lot of change is needed and money needs to be cut as soon as possible. 55 million Euros for Aouar is a good deal.
It's not if Aulas wants 60M.
And again many people here are telling Aouar to wait for a better club, next summer if needed.
And again 180M is a lot of money (not counting the 30M for Depay), they don't need the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->